COLORADO NTERS...

My favorite seats are right behind the cheerleaders
devil.gif
. Speaking of thenuggets I think it's very feasible for us to end up with the number 2 spot. The rest of our schedule is pretty soft.

Originally Posted by No 1 Can Escape the Quad Laser

My favorite seats are right behind the cheerleaders
devil.gif
. Speaking of the nuggets I think it's very feasible for us to end up with the number 2 spot. The rest of our schedule is pretty soft.

you know what happened last year though...choke status. Nothing is EVER wrapped up in the west until after the 82nd game

yeah man after that sacramento game a few weeks ago, NOTHING is a given with the Nuggets. you gotta hold your breath against every team. both games we playedagainst the Thunder this year came down to the buzzer.

that said, I hope we can slaughter the Knicks tonight! let's go Denver!

and damn that bracket things got pretty fishy. people got to change out their entries? maybe i didn't read the rules, but that just doesn't seem fairat all. final 4 are unimpressive, contest was kind of a let down. i doubt i'll go to the event.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

and damn that bracket things got pretty fishy. people got to change out their entries? maybe i didn't read the rules, but that just doesn't seem fair at all. final 4 are unimpressive, contest was kind of a let down. i doubt i'll go to the event.

I know that I don't have too many posts, and therefore not too much respect within niketalk, but I can't let this go. This is something where CO headscan meet up with each other, and you are not going to attend? It isn't like we have many events to go to. Without releases, the last thing that I canremember is the Shoe Shine, that was Nov. of 07. Events like these are perfect places, for me at least, to meet more heads than my typical group. I apologizeif it seems like I am attacking you personally denverairforce, that isn't my motivation or goal, it is more my opinion on the current situation inColorado, and how it should change.

and damn that bracket things got pretty fishy. people got to change out their entries? maybe i didn't read the rules, but that just doesn't seem fair at all. final 4 are unimpressive, contest was kind of a let down. i doubt i'll go to the event.

The people participating were allowed to enter 2 shoes in the beginning. Each round the participants could substitute a shoe for their other for differentmatchups. If you paid attention to how the voting went for each round, the stronger shoes (Akron's, Espo's, Amsterdam's, Foam's, etc) got lessvotes as people would vote against the stronger shoes to avoid facing them in the Final Four or Finals. It looked to be pure strategy.

I agree with Big Al though. As stated on the previous page, I'm new to town and have not been to an event or noticed any other serious collectorslocally. I was proved that there is, in fact, several people here with a bunch of nice sneakers. Why would you not want to build tohose contacts with peoplewho obviously have a similar interest/hobby (basically stole the theme from jhobson's last post)? Also, why would you not want to support the ONLYboutique-type store we have in Denver? If you have been to the website for the bracket you would see that Nike and Def jam have put their names behind thisevent. One could only assume that they will have their representation there during the event. I would guess that the success of this event (turnout being oneof the guages of success) will let the Nike people know that they should focus more of their time on places like Denver who have hungry people that need thenicer shoes like NYC/LA/SF/LV. Just a thought.

Lastly, I'm happy that they advanced DQ's shoes to the Final Four. This makes the competition more legit IMO. The point is the stronger shoes willmeet in the finals Friday night, and if you claim to be a true sneakerhead living in/near Denver it would be sad for you to miss. My two cents.

yeah, i guess i just didn't read the rules. that rule is still pretty quesitonable to me though. if this is supposed to be like a real bracket, that wouldbe the equivalent of the Tarheels letting another team play for them in the sweet 16 and then coming back to take their place back in the elite 8. it justdoesn't make any sense to why that would be allowed, but OK, it was in the rules.

I was trying to get hyped up on the event but it just feels like the comp was a let down to me personally. i wish i could say otherwise, but i would be lying,and everybody knows, you ain't got to lie to kick it! and I didn't say I refuse to go to the event, just that I doubt i will. I doubt I'll goanywhere on Friday night, haha. but who knows, if I'm feeling up to it, I'm not opposed to popping in for a sec. I'm just not really excited aboutit like I was at one time.

also, just noticed that now the final 4 shoes changed. now it's playstations, kiss of deaths again, espos, huarache bballs. playstations should win that,easily. again, rules are funky. that's equivalent to a team who didn't play in the tournament at all getting a spot in the final four. huh? anyway,good luck to those in the final round, for what it's worth.

yeah, i guess i just didn't read the rules. that rule is still pretty quesitonable to me though. if this is supposed to be like a real bracket, that would be the equivalent of the Tarheels letting another team play for them in the sweet 16 and then coming back to take their place back in the elite 8. it just doesn't make any sense to why that would be allowed, but OK, it was in the rules.

I was trying to get hyped up on the event but it just feels like the comp was a let down to me personally. i wish i could say otherwise, but i would be lying, and everybody knows, you ain't got to lie to kick it! and I didn't say I refuse to go to the event, just that I doubt i will. I doubt I'll go anywhere on Friday night, haha. but who knows, if I'm feeling up to it, I'm not opposed to popping in for a sec. I'm just not really excited about it like I was at one time.

also, just noticed that now the final 4 shoes changed. now it's playstations, kiss of deaths again, espos, huarache bballs. playstations should win that, easily. again, rules are funky. that's equivalent to a team who didn't play in the tournament at all getting a spot in the final four. huh? anyway, good luck to those in the final round, for what it's worth.

Actually if you look at the previous round the akron dunks lost, but were advanced to be replaced by the PS's...the Final round will be interesting indeed.

the percentages of each match up have been mysteriously changing throughout the day. i've given up on trying to figure it out. those playstations are flythough. if they don't win, I will be surprised.

I think that all of you guys bring up great points and i see everyones point of view on this subject. But I agree most with sekim2detcidda on this. I lived inDenver my whole life(well until May of last year then i moved to SC), and i think this sneaker bracket is a great thing. It brings sneakerheads together. Whichis what Denver needs. As i said i moving back to Denver in the next few weeks, and i believe that we should all just come together and just meet each other. Ihave met a lot of sneakerheads in Denver. And i have seen a lot of heat. I understand this bracket get competitive, but its still all in good fun. Its aboutbringing heads together. But thats my opinion and I am sorry if i offended anyone in the process...... On another note, Nuggets should clinch the playoffstonight. I am getting my playoff tickets ASAP. Drew hit me up, I know you have the inside scoop on them

I wish I could make it but I have to work fri. Someone should post pics in here. Nugs are currently in second place in the west. Hopefully we don't chokein the final stretch lol.

I'm Not Gonna Lie Fella's.....I'm Kinnda Salty At The Way The Voting Went On This Bracket As There Were NUMEROUS Pair That CLEARLY Should HaveWon.....I'm Not Gonna Play Childish Cuz My Pair Didn't Advance But Damn How Did A Pair Of WACK %+* Air Stabb's Beat A Pair Of Original DiamondTurf's From 1996???????? That's Some BS If You Ask Me.......AND My Lady's Agassi's Shoulda Beat Those Dunks Too But I Guess That's JustMe......Cat's Got No Respect Anymore I Guess For Where This $%## Started
smh.gif

Guess I Shoulda Broke These Out A Lil Sooner
ohwell.gif

As For The Comp I'll Most Likely Pull Myself Outta These Shambles I'm In Over Losing And Make An Appearance
laugh.gif

^ good to hear you are gonna make it. I'm looking forward to meeting most of you finally.

If you look at one of my previous posts, you will see I stated it wasn't that your shoes were weak. I simply believe people voted against the strongershoes to have a better chance. Which knocked out some really strong shoes IMO. Would it have made the event more interesting? Sure. But you all know most ofthe younger people out there collecting know only about shoes post 2001-2002 or hyped up shoes that may be ugly/cheap material. Which is why events like thisshow people a bigger variety of what is actually out there.

Hobson - about playoff tickets. I have two tickets to every home game through the finals if we get that far. I will go to as many games as I can but I'msure there will be some games I can't make or other people don't wanna go to or cant make. You can have first priority for those games if you want.Also I am going to Dallas in the middle of May so if they go deep into the playoffs I will have quite a few games I cant make. I also might be able to buytickets the day before the public can. They go on sale the 23rd and I will know by the 21st or 22nd if I can buy them early. We will just have to play if byear.

^sounds like you copped some strips, I was going to but I don't have the scratch for it right now. gonna have to live with single game tickets for theplayoffs. all good, though. long as I can secure at least 1 game in round 1 and 1 in the seocnd round, I'll be happy (that's right, I said secondround!). GO Nuggets!

and word to Sole, I was hoping those OGs would advance. but oh well, it is what it is. there will be other comps. they should do one for OG kicks only, thatwould get interesting.

and sorry for sounding salty about the comp, i didn't mean to be all down on the scene, CO. i'm not a hater, i was just overcome with disappointmentfor a moment, but I'm over it.

^sounds like you copped some strips, I was going to but I don't have the scratch for it right now. gonna have to live with single game tickets for the playoffs. all good, though. long as I can secure at least 1 game in round 1 and 1 in the seocnd round, I'll be happy (that's right, I said second round!). GO Nuggets!

and word to Sole, I was hoping those OGs would advance. but oh well, it is what it is. there will be other comps. they should do one for OG kicks only, that would get interesting.

and sorry for sounding salty about the comp, i didn't mean to be all down on the scene, CO. i'm not a hater, i was just overcome with disappointment for a moment, but I'm over it.

From Dallas so I feel your pain but that first statement made me laugh

1 ticket to the first round and 1 to the second

MELO CAN'T I REPEAT CAN'T get out of the 1st round and my are the Nugs terrible on the road

Originally Posted by atschach

Hobson - about playoff tickets. I have two tickets to every home game through the finals if we get that far. I will go to as many games as I can but I'm sure there will be some games I can't make or other people don't wanna go to or cant make. You can have first priority for those games if you want. Also I am going to Dallas in the middle of May so if they go deep into the playoffs I will have quite a few games I cant make. I also might be able to buy tickets the day before the public can. They go on sale the 23rd and I will know by the 21st or 22nd if I can buy them early. We will just have to play if by ear.

Sounds good man. Ill moved back home by next friday. So we can figure something out. I just want to hit one playoff game if not two or 3. Hopefully its not 2and done like every other year. And Cutler to the bears....Epic failure by Bowlen. The Broncos are going down a bad road. We mine as well sign Vick at thispoint

Back
Top Bottom