Conan O'Brien -- Free at Last

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

I guess my whole "thing" stems from my dislike of people that place too much importance on entertainment, especially TV & Film. (See: Avatar depression thread.)

I haven't read the thread, so I'm not sure if it's happening here, but it just kinda irks me when I see a story like this on CNN, etc.

My bad for taking it out on y'all.
laugh.gif

Carry on.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah its definitely nothing like the Avatar depression idiots, I mean... people. Just an interesting topic for people who keep up with Late Night, as nothingthis dramatic has happened in a while.

I agree with your point regarding placing too much emphasis on entertainment, although I think my irritation stems from people who are OBSESSED with celebritygossip. Keeping up with your favorite show, I understand, but being obsessed with the personal lives of actors is just ridiculous to me.

David Letterman went off today. This is why he's still the late night king. Dude always has and always will be hilarious
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

David Letterman went off today. This is why he's still the late night king. Dude always has and always will be hilarious
pimp.gif
What did he say?

I guess my whole "thing" stems from my dislike of people that place too much importance on entertainment, especially TV & Film. (See: Avatar depression thread.)

I haven't read the thread, so I'm not sure if it's happening here, but it just kinda irks me when I see a story like this on CNN, etc.

laugh.gif

Carry on.

I hear what you're saying... I hate celebrity gossip and it definitely is valued too high in today's society and media. I'm just a fan of Conanand I've been following all this stuff for awhile, so it's been a hot topic of discussion for me and other people.

I'm not depressed over it or anything
laugh.gif
it's just a big deal for TV right now, but certainly not important in the grand scheme of things.

laugh.gif

Carry on.
The only person putting too much importance into something is you caring about what everybody else is worried about. Worry about yourself..

Why not have Leno come on AFTER Conan? He is the host of the headlining NBC late night program. NBC slipping. If Conan goes to Fox. He might get a 11 timeslot. The local Fox news goes off at that time.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

damn Leno is getting ETHERED

He deserves it. When you have other late night host taking Conan side you know Jay is douche for doing what he did. Jay is such a coward that he didn'taddress it during his show today.

Originally Posted by DubA169

this is a blessing in disguise, conan is gonna be wild on fox and get to do anything he wants. i wis there was some way we could get him to write a simpsons episode or 2

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by The Technodrome

I somehow seen this coming...

Leno and Letterman had beef back when as well

Thing is Letterman isn't the only person who does not like Leno.

There are a bunch of other comedians who does not like him, only people who are taking Leno sides are his long time friends

Conan doesn't deserve what's happening to him, he's way better than Leno.

I'm glad he's going at NBC in his monologues though

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Conan worked well on late time slot because of his younger viewing audience. Old farts don't like Conan's comedy..
finally someone understands whats going on here.
laugh.gif
Bingo.

Jimmy Kimmel's show last night had me laughing hystarically... seems like every talk show host is going in on Jay Leno and NBC. I wonder if he'sgonna give in an take the L.

if conan goes to fox and starts at 11 it would be a dream come true for me. hopefully he could bring his whole staff and could do whatever he wants.
pimp.gif

Conan having a Late Night Show on FOX would be
pimp.gif

His monologues gettin' at NBC lately have been
eek.gif
roll.gif

0113_jay_leno_banner_tmz_01.jpg

Sometimes a story is just right in front of your face. "The Jay Leno Show" billboard on the UniversalStudios lot was just removed.
The billboard reads, "COMEDY AT 10/9c" -- and therein lies the problem.

Jay is getting his coveted 11:35 PM time period back, and it's looking like his show will again be an hour long "Tonight Show."

Back
Top Bottom