Conan O'Brien -- Free at Last

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by J G E T

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ all the Carson Daly shots..
my man caraon daily is sitting in his 1 bedroom shack completely puzzled right now
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Carson makes more than your parents combined...
barely....
laugh.gif
j/k, carson is good in my book, he is alwayssupporting good music and gives them shine on his show.
pimp.gif

Conan: Kids. You can do anything you want in life.......................as long as Jay Leno doesn't want to do it, too.

Leno/NBC getting pummeled
pimp.gif

Conan was never meant for the tonight show.....his humor, demeanor, off cuff wit, and general awkwardness does not fit the mold of the tonite show crown. WhatNBC failed to realize was that Leno's audience, the now aging baby boomers, would not accept Conan,,,,you just can't replace the host and expecteverything to the same.

And they were also banking on bringing Conan's audience along with him, just an hour earlier....I love Conan, practically grew alongside him and watchedhim before it was the "in" thing to do, but you know what I watched leading up to Conan?
Good ol' Letterman....and you put him at the same slot as Letterman, and of course you're not going to do beat Dave when there's a ton of people inmy same age demographic who love Letterman too.

Anywy, I hope he does go on FOX...bring back the masterbating bear and pimpbot 5000
roll.gif

Originally Posted by HighRep87

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

Jimmy Fallon is horrible, so I don't know why he's not being considered as the one who should be taken off the air...

because he doesn't have the time slot that Leno wants.

Conan's Kenneth the Page giving a tour skit was masterful.

"And this is the former home of the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien."

"Interesting fact about this studio: NBC spent more time building it than using it."

"Kenneth, I'm in the middle of doing a show. Can't you do this later?"
"Sir, this is the 5 o'clock tour. It's always been the 5 o'clock tour. If we do it later, it's just not the same thing."

And the checkmate:

"Interesting fact: a lot of Conan's staff uprooted their lives and moved their families to Los Angeles. And Max Weinberg uprooted his secret family,too."

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

"Interesting fact about this studio: NBC spent more time building it than using it."

"Sir, this is the 5 o'clock tour. It's always been the 5 o'clock tour. If we do it later, it's just not the same thing."

And the checkmate:

"Interesting fact: a lot of Conan's staff uprooted their lives and moved their families to Los Angeles. And Max Weinberg uprooted his secret family, too."
That was GOLD. McBrayer is hilarious
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

And the checkmate:

"Interesting fact: a lot of Conan's staff uprooted their lives and moved their families to Los Angeles. And Max Weinberg uprooted his secret family, too."
Max's stone face was priceless
laugh.gif

Conan is a stand up guy.

I just read this whole thread and so much props to Letterman for telling it like it is. I got misty eyed watching that.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

eeibaby wrote:
The only thing I hate about Conan to FOX is that he's going to FOX, a network that majority of people do not like
I actually disagree. FOX ratings are high and NBC ratings are in the garbage. And it shows in the programming, NBC tries to control Conan like they do Leno, that is the reason they want Leno back. He made his control work for them, Conan is a much more free-spirited/unpredictable comedian. Which is why FOX is the perfect place for him, he would have the freedom to go back to raw comedy and he would smash Leno and Short bus Dave.

Nah I'm talking about the network, how they're mostly racist, aka Fox News

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Am I the only one who doesn't watch NONE of these shows?!?

I didn't at first ..but after watching them for about a week you will be hooked..

fox news really has nothing to do with fox. the kind of programming on fox would usually be hated by most fox news watchers. (family guy, Cleveland show,simpsons)

Originally Posted by eeibaby

eeibaby wrote:
The only thing I hate about Conan to FOX is that he's going to FOX, a network that majority of people do not like
I actually disagree. FOX ratings are high and NBC ratings are in the garbage. And it shows in the programming, NBC tries to control Conan like they do Leno, that is the reason they want Leno back. He made his control work for them, Conan is a much more free-spirited/unpredictable comedian. Which is why FOX is the perfect place for him, he would have the freedom to go back to raw comedy and he would smash Leno and Short bus Dave.

Have you ever watched a show on FOX? Other than their news programs(which is an entirely different channel btw) what about the network is racist?

[h2]ZUCKER THREATENS TO ICE CONAN! Says "I'll Keep You Off The Air For 3 1/2 Years"; Conan Reps Counter:"This Will End Up In Front Of A Judge If NBC Doesn't Wise Up"[/h2]
BREAKING NEWS! EXCLUSIVE! 2ND UPDATE: NBC Universal, faced with ConanO'Brien's defiance, is taking what insiders tell me is "a super tough threatening position" over his refusal to host The TonightShow at 12:05 AM instead of 11:35 PM. "Someone's got to show NBCU that big greedy corporate dickheads can't win," one of Conan'smanager-agent-lawyer-public relations "Team Conan" representatives told me. And while Jeff Zucker has not stepped up and taken responsibility forthis mess he set in in motion in the first place -- by replacing Leno with Conan O'Brien as host of The Tonight Show even though Jay was No. 1 inhis time slot at the time -- he's been busy behind the scenes. I've already reported how Zucker has been privately blaming Conan for the currentdebacle, saying "He let me down" because The Tonight Show for the last 7 months since O'Brien took over has been losing out to DavidLetterman in both eyeballs and advertiser-coveted demographics. (+%%!%$#!, Zucker, you can't keep blaming others for your Zuck-ups.) Bad enough that Zuckermade Conan hear about the planned move in the first place from the media.
But now the NBCU chief has been talking tough during the negotiations with TeamConan. To counter O'Brien's principled public statement which the late night host issued this week, Zucker "is threatening to ice Conan",according to his reps. "Zucker said, 'I'll keep you off the air for 3 1/2 years.' Which doesn't have a chance in hell of happening. What Ireally think Zucker wants is to hold him off the market for at least six months to a year until the dust settles and Leno is secure and Conan issquelched." One rep even compare

from http://www.deadline.com

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Why not have Leno come on AFTER Conan? He is the host of the headlining NBC late night program. NBC slipping. If Conan goes to Fox. He might get a 11 time slot. The local Fox news goes off at that time.

11:30 here.

The latest rumor going around is that next week will Conan's last week on the Tonight Show.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by eeibaby

eeibaby wrote:
Have you ever watched a show on FOX? Other than their news programs(which is an entirely different channel btw) what about the network is racist?

Yes I have but I was just talking at a standpoint whereas I hate Fox news and what they're all about. I watch Family Guy, Simpsons etc

Back
Top Bottom