Conan O'Brien -- Free at Last

Well those rumors aren't surprising, it's what is expected.

If Conan quits then NBC can give the Tonight Show back to Jay.

He's said he won't go to 12:05, so clearly they're going to have to reach an agreement about him leaving.

I still hate Leno, well before this, but now all the more... agreeing to move his show and pushing the Tonight Show back proves he doesn't care about theshow at all, but just that he's in the spotlight and that it's his again. He's a hack, doesn't respect the history or other comedians.

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

So, is the news of Conan leaving NBC confirmed?
Not yet officially. What's official is NBC announced they're moving the Tonight Show to 12:05, then Conan issued a statement saying hewon't take part in the move which would insult the history of The Tonight Show.

Which forces NBC's hand to fire him, but it's assumed they'll work out some sort of settlement, and then free to give the Tonight Show back toLeno.

Conan is firing at jay and NBC from all cylinders right now Im rolling
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

At the daily water cooler talk, there is consensus support for Conan, close to none for Leno, and absolutely none for NBC.
Conan is going HARD at Leno and NBC. He's incorporated one of them into every monologue bit. Even Howie Mandel got in on the action. lol

Letterman is going HAAAARD at Leno LOL.
It's like 10+ years of resentment built up at Leno is coming out of him now.
Jay "Big Jaw" Leno. - Letterman

Leno plays the nice guy on television but he's ruthless when it comes to getting things done his way. He doesn't have sympathy for others in the way hegoes about doing business. Anyone that listens to Howard Stern will understand this. At the end of the day, he's going to say it was NBC decisions but thefact that he would accept a 30 minute show and bump the tonight show to 12 shows the type of person he is. The thing Conan said about the Tonight Show beingsomething that Carson help built and to relocate it to a different time slot will be hugely disappointing. Does Jay not see this? I think he doesn't caremuch for Carson while, Letterman and Conan, were influenced and inspired from him.

Conan worked well on late time slot because of his younger viewing audience. Old farts don't like Conan's comedy..

Agentarenas, check Hulu for the monologue.

Conan isn't holding back, good because NBC and Leno deserve everything coming to them.

Originally Posted by TheRav4

The Godfather of Late Night telling it how it is. I don't think many of you people followed late night about 15 yrs ago when this all happend with Carson, Dave, and Jay. But Jay getting spoiled seems to happen every decade. I'm happy for Conan for sticking up for himself. Hopefully in time he gets a late night show at another broadcast (or possibly cable) soon.

im sure that the fact that hes hanging all over conan and talking @@!+ about jay has to do with leno beating him in the ratings every night since like 1995.why do you think hes taking conans side here?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Agentarenas, check Hulu for the monologue.

Conan isn't holding back, good because NBC and Leno deserve everything coming to them.
pimp.gif
Thanks.

And Im happy Conan is going in, nice to see Jay finally getting called out for his actions.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Conan worked well on late time slot because of his younger viewing audience. Old farts don't like Conan's comedy..
finally someone understands whats going on here.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

The Godfather of Late Night telling it how it is. I don't think many of you people followed late night about 15 yrs ago when this all happend with Carson, Dave, and Jay. But Jay getting spoiled seems to happen every decade. I'm happy for Conan for sticking up for himself. Hopefully in time he gets a late night show at another broadcast (or possibly cable) soon.

im sure that the fact that hes hanging all over conan and talking @@!+ about jay has to do with leno beating him in the ratings every night since like 1995. why do you think hes taking conans side here?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Letterman actually helped Conan when he took over his show on NBC.� When Letterman went to CBS and people couldn't get tickets to his show, he wouldredirect them go on Conan show instead.� Letterman is well respected among his peers and Jay is known to be a douche but no one ever says anything, exceptHoward Stern
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

im sure that the fact that hes hanging all over conan and talking @@!+ about jay has to do with leno beating him in the ratings every night since like 1995. why do you think hes taking conans side here?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Letterman actually helped Conan when he took over his show on NBC.� When Letterman went to CBS and people couldn't get tickets to his show, he would redirect them go on Conan show instead.� Letterman is well respected among his peers and Jay is known to be a douche but no one ever says anything, except Howard Stern
laugh.gif

i believe george lopez has had some things to say about him. he's never gone into detail, but he's called him a backstabber

Back
Top Bottom