Conan O'Brien -- Free at Last

Sources close to former 'Tonight Show' host Jay Leno tell me he is furious with the way NBC has treated him and Conan O'Brien and is considering walking away from the entire mess with his head held high. "Now that Conan has made it clear he is leaving the troubled network, Jay is considering doing the same. They have put Jay in a terrible position. It looks like he is the reason that Conan is now without a job. Jay is a great guy and it's not fair that due to NBC's stupidity he looks like the bad guy," a TV insider tells me.

"Plus, what happens when Jay does return to the 11:35 slot if his audience doesn't immediately follow? How can he possibly trust the same network that canceled Conan after only seven months?"

http://www.popeater.com/2010/01/13/jay-leno-leaving-nbc/

Take the rumors for what it's worth...

To me, there is no chance in hell this is true or that Leno wouldn't take the Tonight Show back if offered. This is just to make people sympathetictowards Jay and so he doesn't look like the bad guy. If by some miracle this is true and actually happens, then I would have respect for Leno... but Ihighly doubt that's the case.

I don't get the big deal with the billboard, NBC has already said they're removing his show from that time slot, that shouldn't be news at all. The issue now is what they do with Conan who has drawn the line in the sand and said he won't move to 12:05.

Originally Posted by hellaones

what did Sandra Bullock say about Chin?
Sandra Bullock, Leno's first guest tonight, just poked fun at the host by asking him, "By the way, is this gonna be on the airtonight?"

Leno responded by jokingly calling Bullock "Smart ***" and confirming that, yes, it would air

vid is in the link posted up on this page

Conan got screwed. Jay failed and now they want to move him. Conan on Fox will be awesome though.

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

Conan got screwed. Jay failed and now they want to move him. Conan on Fox will be awesome though.
laugh.gif
, I can just see the return of masturbating-bear now.

I love how the talented stand behind the talented. It's like they are united in exposing that hack.

Does anybody know what Jay Leno and Conans rating were last night or do we have to wait for the end of the week from Nielsen?

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Does anybody know what Jay Leno and Conans rating were last night or do we have to wait for the end of the week from Nielsen?
Last night's Tonight Show saw nearly a 42% gain in adults 18-49 versus Monday night's show. Conan's 1.7 adults 18-49 rating in localPeople Meter markets dominated the .9 18-49 rating for David Letterman's Late Show. On Monday, Tonight Show averaged a 1.2 18-49 rating in those same localpeople meter markets.

Week over week, Leno didn't see any boost as a result. The Jay Leno Show was down from last Tuesday, but its lead-in, The Biggest Loser was also down big(30%) versus last week.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Sources close to former 'Tonight Show' host Jay Leno tell me he is furious with the way NBC has treated him and Conan O'Brien and is considering walking away from the entire mess with his head held high. "Now that Conan has made it clear he is leaving the troubled network, Jay is considering doing the same. They have put Jay in a terrible position. It looks like he is the reason that Conan is now without a job. Jay is a great guy and it's not fair that due to NBC's stupidity he looks like the bad guy," a TV insider tells me.

"Plus, what happens when Jay does return to the 11:35 slot if his audience doesn't immediately follow? How can he possibly trust the same network that canceled Conan after only seven months?"
http://www.popeater.com/2010/01/13/jay-leno-leaving-nbc/

Take the rumors for what it's worth...

To me, there is no chance in hell this is true or that Leno wouldn't take the Tonight Show back if offered. This is just to make people sympathetic towards Jay and so he doesn't look like the bad guy. If by some miracle this is true and actually happens, then I would have respect for Leno... but I highly doubt that's the case.

I don't get the big deal with the billboard, NBC has already said they're removing his show from that time slot, that shouldn't be news at all. The issue now is what they do with Conan who has drawn the line in the sand and said he won't move to 12:05.

Seems like Jay is trying to play the victim seeing how majority is against him. Why can't Leno just sit back and collect his money? Let Conan do what hessuppose to do and host the Tonight Show

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Originally Posted by hellaones

what did Sandra Bullock say about Chin?
Sandra Bullock, Leno's first guest tonight, just poked fun at the host by asking him, "By the way, is this gonna be on the air tonight?"

Leno responded by jokingly calling Bullock "Smart ***" and confirming that, yes, it would air
Lol...Got 'Em

Leno is not funny at all, and i refuse to watch his show after this whole deal.

I do hope Conan goes to Fox, maybe he will be his old self again, and return his show to how it was in NYC.

The only thing I hate about Conan to FOX is that he's going to FOX, a network that majority of people do not like

Originally Posted by eeibaby

The only thing I hate about Conan to FOX is that he's going to FOX, a network that majority of people do not like

This is true, but if I only ever have to tune in before bed, then I'll do that.

I never knew it was THIS serious until I saw this thread.

To me, Craig Ferguson is my favorite late-night show.

eeibaby wrote:
I actually disagree. FOX ratings are high and NBC ratings are in the garbage. And it shows in the programming, NBC tries to control Conan likethey do Leno, that is the reason they want Leno back. He made his control work for them, Conan is a much more free-spirited/unpredictable comedian. Which iswhy FOX is the perfect place for him, he would have the freedom to go back to raw comedy and he would smash Leno and Short bus Dave.

Put Conan on Fox and in NYC. They'll allow the Masturbating Bear and Triumph...The Insult Comic Dog.
pimp.gif

But Leno is real wack for this.

Back
Top Bottom