Conan O'Brien -- Free at Last

Leno has made a new deal with NBC, which gives him "The Tonight Show" from 11:35 - 12:35 ... sources tell TMZ.

As we first reported, under the contract Jay had been working under, he was guaranteed the 10 PM hour. By moving him to 11:35, NBC was in breach of his contract and needed to negotiate a new deal. That is now done, sources tell TMZ.

Yep... looks like he's done.

We've got Tonight? Not after Jan. 22.

Conan O'Brien's last night as host of The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien will likely be next Friday, a source close to O'Brien tells PEOPLE.

"Conan does not currently plan on doing any more new shows after next week," says the source.

According to NBC, a pre-scheduled hiatus for the program starting on Jan. 25 has been on the calendar for months.

"Everyone is working as usual in getting the show on," says a source at the Tonight Show.

On Tuesday, the host released a statement saying that he would not go along with NBC's plan for him to host a relocated Tonight Show at 12:05 a.m., following The Jay Leno Show at 11:35 p.m.

"I cannot participate in what I honestly believe is [The Tonight Show's] destruction," said O'Brien.

If Jan. 22 is indeed O'Brien's final broadcast, the show will have ended two weeks before NBC's scheduled preemption for its 2010 Winter Olympics coverage.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20336890,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

I hate you Jeff Zucker... Leno is an #%%#$$$ too

I can't wait to see NBC mess this up again in the future, Leno can't do the show forever.

last nights show was classic ricky gervais was going off

he kept dropping f bombs and saying "what are they going to do...fire you?"

Yes that show last night with Gervais was HILARIOUS!...i wonder how the ratings doing for Conan's show

Are they going to use the same Universal lot studio or go back to Leno's old studio?
That new joint not being used would be a waste, but at the same time I don't want to see the "chin" there.

He's already planning next week to go off with a bang. Word is he's hoping to get Howard Stern for next week's show to help him bash NBC and Leno.I wouldn't be surprised if he went on Letterman when he's done with NBC to bash them as well.

Originally Posted by Flightposite

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Why not have Leno come on AFTER Conan? He is the host of the headlining NBC late night program. NBC slipping. If Conan goes to Fox. He might get a 11 time slot. The local Fox news goes off at that time.

11:30 here.

Wow really? Is your news a hour and a half?

He's already planning next week to go off with a bang. Word is he's hoping to get Howard Stern for next week's show to help him bash NBC and Leno. I wouldn't be surprised if he went on Letterman when he's done with NBC to bash them as well.
Wow
eek.gif
. NBC done effed up if Conan goes somewhere else likeFOX. All this stuff is getting crazy but entertaining.
laugh.gif

I hope it won't be long until Conan gets a show on FOX...

Probably gonna be 3-4 months.

Conan on Fox might not happen for awhile. Conan and NBC are going to have to work out a settlement, then Fox is going to have to convince their affiliates toswitch from their reruns that they normally run and put on Conan.

If he gets put on at 11 he'll have an advantage from going earlier but I doubt he ever beats Leno or Letterman. But at least he'll be on a network thatsupports him and he'll have the compete freedom.

Best thing about this is Leno looks like a huge backstabbing phony and everyone sees it. The Tonight Show won't be the same after this.

Conan O'Brien could be off the air next week, Jay Leno may take 'Tonight Show' reins.

BY Richard Huff and Larry Mcshane

Welcome back, Jay - and goodbye, Conan?

Jay Leno is on track to retake the helm of the "Tonight Show" - and Conan O'Brien could be gone by next week, according to two new reports.

The moves would solve NBC's late-night woes, restoring Leno to 11:35 p.m. in his old hour-long slot.

NBC sources denied any deal was struck.

At the same time, other sources, noted that the network can't announce any moves until its legal wrangling with the disgruntled O'Brien is solved.

Just as TMZ.com was reporting Thursday that Leno's back, People.com posted a story quoting an O'Brien source who insisted "Conan does notcurrently plan on doing any more new shows after next week."

"The ball is really in Conan's court, right now, whether to resume the show at 12:05 or not," Leno's publicist, $@#* Guttman, told The DailyNews. "Everything else is sort of hypothetical."

O'Brien's staunch opposition to a plan to move him, as "Tonight Show" host to 12:05 a.m. has made Leno's return all but inevitable,insiders said.

And that's just fine with Leno.

"He was never interested in leaving that show. Everybody does know that was not his idea," Guttman told The News. "NBC told him this is whatwould happen."

NBC struck a deal with O'Brien in 2004 that guaranteed him the "Tonight Show" in 2009. The switch came seven months ago - and the network putLeno in a new, hour-long "Jay Leno Show" at 10 p.m.

The moves proved to be disasters.

The "Tonight Show" in O'Brien's hands collapsed against David Letterman's "Late Show" on CBS. And Leno's audience neverfollowed him to prime time.

"People have to remember, Jay was No. 1 for almost 15 years," Guttman noted.

O'Brien is reportedly being wooed to jump to Fox. Nothing can happen until all parties sign off on what's next.

Blogger Nikki Finke's Deadline.com reports that NBC Universal chief Jeff Zucker is furious at O'Brien's and playing hardball.

At the same time, cooler heads are trying to strike the deal that TMZ says is already in place, Finke reported.

The final pact would have "Conan O'Brien exiting with a lot of money," she wrote.

[email protected]

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai..._off_the_air_next_week_as_.html#ixzz0cdoWA7zQ

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

He's already planning next week to go off with a bang. Word is he's hoping to get Howard Stern for next week's show to help him bash NBC and Leno. I wouldn't be surprised if he went on Letterman when he's done with NBC to bash them as well.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

that would be crazy lulz

TEAM COCO

I wish Letterman would just have gotten the Tonight Show instead of Leno, he would have been a rightful heir to Carson.

so nbc wont pull the plug on conan the last week even though hes bashing them?

jay is grimey, hope conan gets a new show soon and goes back to nyc

Originally Posted by truestt

I feel bad for ALL the employees working on the current Tonight Show. They all uprooted their families to CA thinking they'd be there a long time.

It's terrible the way NBC is treating them and Conan.
Exactly. Conan will make it out fine but his entire staff is basically screwed.

Hopefully it will be possible to have his old staff working with him on a new network.

Back
Top Bottom