Confessions

Give more examples.

Ill tell you straight up family.

I have a $250 gaming headset because I've used them for over 8 years. I refuse to use anything other than them.

I don't like buying fake things like jerseys, guitars, jewelry.. etc.

I always usually want something new. Fishing pole, shoes, gaming stuff, tech stuff, etc. and she says because I always want a new THING or MATERIALISTIC THING, that I'm materialistic in a bad way.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not buying things every week or even every month.. but yeah once in a couple months I'll want something that is more expensive and something materialistic I want to get to enjoy.

Been letting things go as of late. Shoe collection/ purchasing gone down drastically, purging the place of anything that is extra or won't be used as often.

Looking to buy my first place soon. So this is like a fresh start. Feels good.

funny you mention this.

I'm actually selling my DS DMP XI's later today.. gonna use that money to buy my woman something nice and get me something nice as well.

I'll never wear those and I'm sort of over Jordans / shoes. I still have around 30 pairs but most are worn so they won't sell so I'm just keeping them and gonna go til the wheels fall off.

funny you mention this.

I'm actually selling my DS DMP XI's later today.. gonna use that money to buy my woman something nice and get me something nice as well.

I'll never wear those and I'm sort of over Jordans / shoes. I still have around 30 pairs but most are worn so they won't sell so I'm just keeping them and gonna go til the wheels fall off.

Nice move. I will always follow shoes but won't cop until i destroy my current rotation. Went from about 112 pairs to 22.

Was looking at a nice chain but don't think jewlery in general is for me.

Gonna use the spare cash for investments or just put it away.

I have a $250 gaming headset because I've used them for over 8 years. I refuse to use anything other than them.

I always usually want something new. Fishing pole, shoes, gaming stuff, tech stuff, etc. and she says because I always want a new THING or MATERIALISTIC THING, that I'm materialistic in a bad way.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not buying things every week or even every month.. but yeah once in a couple months I'll want something that is more expensive and something materialistic I want to get to enjoy.

Thats not so bad as long as u can afford it imo.

Theres lots of people like that.

Thats not so bad as long as u can afford it imo.

Theres lots of people like that.

I mean I'm not overdrafting on bills to get these things, but I'll admit some of these things I put on credit cards and some of these things I stretch out money for. I make it happen in those cases.

But if it means pulling from bill money or something, nahhhh that's just stupid.

funny you mention this.

Nice move. I will always follow shoes but won't cop until i destroy my current rotation. Went from about 112 pairs to 22.

Was looking at a nice chain but don't think jewlery in general is for me.

Gonna use the spare cash for investments or just put it away.

I've gotten to the point now..

Black Roshes >>> most jordans in my collection

Simply for the simplicity, the ease of getting an outfit together, and not having to worry about scufs.. plus theyre more comfortable and affordable.

Where do I lose? You know?

I guess that's where we differ tho.. I'd use the cash to buy something else that I want and you'd invest or save it. I'm horrible at saving.

Give more examples.

Ill tell you straight up family.

That's not materialistic your girl is just cheap...

Last edited:
What kinds of clothes do you buy?

I don't.

I've worn the same clothes since HS. (I'm 23)

I bought a new pair of $40 jeans a couple months ago and have worn them like 3 times since then, cause my girl wanted me to look nice for a dinner with her Dad or something.

But I always just go out in basketball shorts (Jordan shorts my Mom bought me when I lived w/ her) and a t shirt.

I wear dress pants to work 5 days a week and rotate the same shirts through the weeks.

Clothes aren't important to me. As long as I'm covered and clean I'm good. Color matching too, obviously. But I have no need to flex with nice clothes.

Yea youre not "that guy" lol

U just like good new reliable things i see no issue

Yea youre not "that guy" lol

U just like good new reliable things i see no issue

I figured but the way she says things sometimes makes me question myself.. like makes me wonder if I'm too materialistic.

I like nice things, and new things for the areas I am passionate about. I never saw an issue with this mindset until she told me I was wrong for it.

I figured but the way she says things sometimes makes me question myself.. like makes me wonder if I'm too materialistic.

I like nice things, and new things for the areas I am passionate about. I never saw an issue with this mindset until she told me I was wrong for it.

Nah, you are far from materialistic. That would for sure be my cousin's friend who just bought a 60in 4k tv just because she like the shiny bezel and her already massive 70 in tv is in the same room.

Im just trying to find new friends who are looking at the future and want to do amazing things that are not just buying ****.

We're similar in age too. I just turned 24 on the 3rd.

Last edited:
IMO materialism usually comes down to consistently buying things that you don't really use, or buying things because you need "things" to add value to your life.

Nothing wrong with splurging in your areas of interest. Now if you're going broke because of consist shopping then you might have a problem.

It's gotta be deeper than that. You mentioned above that you are horrible at saving.

Do you think your current situation is putting a dent in your relationship? With all the money you are spending on "material" things, do you have any left over to take your girl out to a nice restaurant or road trip to some place new? How many "experiences" have you purchased for yourself and for both of you? Just some stuff to consider.

I'm no love counselor but I've been in that boat before.

Last edited:
I'm materialistic when it comes to things I'm passionate about.

Tech, for example. I want the new iPhone every year.

My girl thinks that that's insane and labels me as materialistic, saying that it's just a phone and why do I need a new one when the one I have works fine.. she pretty much says its a waste of money and I'm so materialistic that I flex our finances to get the new toy I want. Which is sometimes true. (As far as finances goes)

I can't tell if I'm the "bad materialistic" or if I'm in a reasonable "I like nice things" area and my girl just isn't used to that.
Sounds like your girl is cheap. Do you share an account with her or something? Are y'all married and living together?

I don't see a problem with having nice things if you are able to afford it .live within your means .

Moving in a couple months and not trying to start anything until I'm settled down elsewhere.

No woman out there is perfect, and I'm not perfect either

Don't have the energy/mindset for that lifestyle

That switch inside could easily be turned on but prefer to just leave it off

I could really toy and hurt people but karma is mysterious.

Trust me I'm really a one woman person

Both my longest most loving relationships have been with guys who were virgins, my second being my ex fiance. They loved me so hard man. They really appreciated everything about me even the parts of me that weren't perfect. Certain differences made us separate, but I'm so grateful to have experienced the love that they offered me. It was by far the truest most untainted. I sometimes wonder what would I have been like had I stayed with them, but they just weren't the ones.

I anticipate when you are ready you will love someone so strongly and you might feel pain if it don't work out, but just know that as an adult, it won't hurt as much. Just know, 21st century, 85% of everything is temporary, but doesn't mean the pain isn't essential to us, especially love pains. They make us stronger.

Most women I know with that story confuse sex for love. When they can't have sex without catching feelings, they should probably stop letting dudes that don't care smash. I know this other woman that always chases dudes that are a level or two above her and they dump her for women they're more attracted because they were only using her for sex until something better became available.

What kind of men are you having relationships with and at what point are you figuring out that you care more than they do?

Guys that just want sex.
Immediately after I let them in.

But it's like- no matter who I talk to- they all just want me for sex. I'm starting to think I'm like one of those Nymphs from Ovid's Metamorphosis. You know, the ones that everyone including the gods lusted for?

I don't even get why, I'm not even that bad. I'm cute but like... Maybe I'm just an easy target because I'm vulnerable.

I'm never ******* anyone again.

Both my longest most loving relationships have been with guys who were virgins, my second being my ex fiance. They loved me so hard man. They really appreciated everything about me even the parts of me that weren't perfect. Certain differences made us separate, but I'm so grateful to have experienced the love that they offered me. It was by far the truest most untainted. I sometimes wonder what would I have been like had I stayed with them, but they just weren't the ones.

I anticipate when you are ready you will love someone so strongly and you might feel pain if it don't work out, but just know that as an adult, it won't hurt as much. Just know, 21st century, 85% of everything is temporary, but doesn't mean the pain isn't essential to us, especially love pains. They make us stronger.
Guys that just want sex.
Immediately after I let them in.

But it's like- no matter who I talk to- they all just want me for sex. I'm starting to think I'm like one of those Nymphs from Ovid's Metamorphosis. You know, the ones that everyone including the gods lusted for?

I don't even get why, I'm not even that bad. I'm cute but like... Maybe I'm just an easy target because I'm vulnerable.

I'm never ******* anyone again.

You're thicker then a bowl of oatmeal baby girl . What do you expect .

I pay for it, and im not even trippin. Its alot more convient and i dont have to waste time beatin around the bush when you know what i want.

I was with a friend who payed for it. She just showed up out of nowhere. He took her to the room and boom, did his thang. Chick comes out and starts getting dressed in the living room where I'm at. **** akward as hell. My friend is no where to be found and she dips. He comes out of the shower talking about he had to clean up cause she was nasty. I will never pay for it bruh.

Back
Top Bottom