CONGRATS TO REG'S RON BENTLEY FOR WINNING THE 3 PT CONTEST! ($50 cash prize) MERRY XMAS

Man what's next?

I really don't know what to say about all this.....
At times I'm really cool with being a part of this team, and other times honestly I'm embarrassed by some of the things that have taken place thisseason.
I've spoken with several of you guys about this past weekend's game, trying to piece together what exactly went down.
After speaking with most of you all, I've come to the conclusion that the only thing I can do is just play ball.

Sometimes we play team ball, sometimes we don't.
Some guys step up to the challenge, others run from it.
Some of you all really want to win, some of you guys seem to be just happy to have a uniform.
It's been a straight up roller coaster ride of a season.

Rock, for real....thanks for inviting us to join the Superstar bball league.
Looking back it has been a really interesting experience.
The drama and entertainment of NT combined with the love for basketball.....

All I know is we have at least one game left....one do or die game at that.
I refuse to lose this game.....and since Air Mag might be out, here's the game plan: Give me the ball

I'm not going to organize any practices this week, we don't need it.
If you ball during the week, do your thing. If you're not balling, do your thing....it will show Sunday.

But you probably need practice if you're air balling consecutive free throws
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Anyhow, good luck to you Money Shot cats....I hope to see yall in the playoffs.

Other than that, I'm out.....I'll see yall Sunday.

haha but you must admit mark, 2? haha jk.... anyways, airmag all i have to say is i agree that there was some selfishness in that game and at the same timethis team is in its 1st year and who knows if it goes to a another but all i can focus on right now is NOW. we arent at the bottom of the rankings, so lets beproud of that as a 1st year team as well as a bunch of strangers playing together, i only wish it was more together in regards to team chemistry etc. but heywhat can we do when we only meet once a week. so im actually impressed by all this.

airmag, my only words to you is to STAY! adjustments will be made and if someone during the game is being too selfish then we can just sub in for them andcontinue on. no one should be complaining about being benched when they've play for over 10 minutes straight. ive heard complaints and it just drives menuts for someone to say some bs like that. if pt is still a deal then just worry about maybe forming a new team next season, plain and simple.

the drama is coming to its last chapter, so lets just go out with all the drama aside and just play. all this drama, which has been extinguished for the mostpart aside it being continued on with it always being published on superstarbasketball newsletter. but i understand its all in entertainment, so lets not letthis cloud the season any further and just play. see you sunday!

congrats rocky and money.

dang i don't know what to say. i'm still upset that i wasn't there for the rivalry game (due to work) but honestly thats the way money shot hasplayed all year. rocky would rather have an assist than scoring and as the leader of our team it makes us want to do the same also. honestly i don'tbelieve that we have a kb24 player. we have players that can take over a game but not the attitude. its great when players like yosh, lucky, james, and beehknow that they don't have to carry the load by themselves.

i know its been pretty frustrating for myself in that i have not played the way that i think i should be playing. i'm mean i'm no superstar but ireally expected a lot more out of myself than what i have done this season. i'm sure rock is tired of my mini "ron artest" tantrums. hopefullythe rest of the season plays out better for both teams.

airmag, i've never met you but from what i read you have done a great job of taking over for rock as the gm. don't let some dude run you off your team.best of luck on sunday regulators.

lol, john...its just game time when im like that coz every move is crucial, ya know? but other then that im cooler then the other side of the pillow man. ialways look out for my teams before me. man, i get hated on for passing too much haha.

so i was wrong with the way the ranking came out. all i know is that week 8 is a must win situation for both teams as a loss could mean a longer break to dwellon things =\

money $hot is going to come stacked next season - best believe that.

^^ thanks for the heads up adrian. BTW its at Rowland HS like last time fellas.

All they can hope for now is a win over the struggling Regulators.

struggling regulators???
laugh.gif
please.

By Ghost Writer
Contributing Writer

Regulators vs. Money Shot
GOLD DIVISION
10 a.m.

After a disappointing loss against Franchise, Money Shot proved how resilient their team was by beating their rival with just five players, 60-41. Money Shot's GM Rocky Anciano earned bragging rights over his former team as both teams are trying to secure a Playoff spot in Week 8.

The drama surrounding both teams continued well after the game played out. Leading the team as coach after Rocky left the team, Mark Genato coached the team to a 2-2 record before resigning his position.

"With that said I want to let yall know that as of today I'm stepping down as the GM/Coach for the Regulators and will not play for the remainder of the season/playoffs. I refuse to play on a team that has a player who only cares about himself," said the former coach.

Money Shot informed their opponents that they only had 5 players for the game and that was all the team really needed. The ball movement was playoff ready with the Wickremetunge brothers leading the way combining for 8 assists and 22 points. Yoshi and Lucky were looking to set up their teammates as Bunnath Phin led the team with 22 points and 4 three pointers. Rocky scored 10 points and finished with 3 dimes while James McCray led the team with 3 blocks.

Regulators played without leading scorer, Adrian Eddington, but Ron Bentley did all he can to lead the team. Ron finished with 3 three-pointers and ended the afternoon with 11 points, 3 steals. Ramon Ramirez pitched in with a double-double, 13 points and 11 rebounds while Jay R. scored 12 points and led the team with 3 assists.

The team was out-rebounded, 29-19 and clearly Money Shot played aggressively. They went to the line 17 times and converted 11 shots (64.7%) while Regulators went 1-for-5 (20%) from the stripe.

Fabulous vs. Regulators
GOLD DIVISION

12 p.m.

The name of the game is Probabilities!

Fabulous defeats Money $hot in Week 4 by 23.

Money $hot defeats Regulators in Week 7 by 19.

Therefore, deductive reasoning means that Fabulous should be favored to defeat Regulators by a mean of 21 points.

However, in a lucrative game like basketball anything can happen and the league has seen it's share of teams choking such as 626ers falling to Franchise. After a bitter loss to their founder, Rocky Anciano of Money $hot, another chapter, entitled internal combustion was added to the Regulator's dramatic novel. Resigning as GM, Mark Genato, steps down after an embarrassing lost in which he points fingers at fellow teammate, Jay R, dubbed "Sir Shoots A lot."

"The reason they booted Rocky was over playing time and conflict of interest. Then they add another player who shoots too much while another player is still complaining about PT. Somewhere along the lines, logic is flawed," commented a league analyst.

Though repeated Player of the Week candidate, Adrian Eddington wasn't available to play in the crushing loss, he made it vocal that he was going to take over in Week 8.

Just as disappointed was GM of Fabulous, Justin Ondoy .

"We should've never lost to them. We just couldn't knock down our shots and find rhythm," he said after fouling out with 5 minutes left in the 2[sup]nd[/sup] half. Orlando Williams was cold as well - figuratively and literally. Having gone 0-3 playing for his respected teams in each division, he blames the gym's freezing conditions didn't allow him to warm up.

A win here for either team could lead to big implications come Monday morning when the playoff picture will be official.

Man, I'm exhausted....and what a tough loss. I think the final score was 66-62 (something like that)

Fabulous played a perfect game, I heard they could shoot but I didn't know it was like that.....I really was surprised anytime they missed.
All game it was either a 3, midrange jumper, or a dump down to Shaq Jr...we really couldn't stop em..

For the most part, all you guys played hard, and most importantly like a team.
Kinda feel like I let yall down, that offensive foul I had down the stretch was crucial...especially when I know that I barely touched that guy.

Anyhow, now it's up to the Superstar BCS system to see if we make it to the playoffs.
ohwell.gif

dude i'm a $$$%*%+ idiot. so i'm at home this morning just eating breakfast and about to get ready for our game. i'm thinking i have a good hourbefore the game so at 9:15 i check the schedule to check one more time how to get to the rowland gym. my stupid%#*$ thought the game was at 10. i must havepaid attention to grittys post and its was just lingering in the back of my mind. i even had my schedule switched so i could make it. its not like you guysneeded me anyways. sorry for being an airhead today guys. i wish i didn't have to work on sundays at all. its starting to be annoying.

John you're a crazy dude
laugh.gif

Yo I really can't stop thinking about the game today and the fact that we might miss out on the playoffs...

Oh well, it's out of our hands now

looks like both teams made the playoffs.

regulators, you will be seeing underdawgs in the 1st round.

money $hot, you will be seeing outkast connection. this is gonna be interesting...

Originally Posted by bluesurferx

dude i'm a $$$%*%+ idiot. so i'm at home this morning just eating breakfast and about to get ready for our game. i'm thinking i have a good hour before the game so at 9:15 i check the schedule to check one more time how to get to the rowland gym. my stupid%#*$ thought the game was at 10. i must have paid attention to grittys post and its was just lingering in the back of my mind. i even had my schedule switched so i could make it. its not like you guys needed me anyways. sorry for being an airhead today guys. i wish i didn't have to work on sundays at all. its starting to be annoying.

yeah we only had 5 guys again this sunday. we did our best against a pretty good nusantara squad. they wanted the win just as much as we do andunfortunately they lost inthe running for the playoffs.

schedules should be posted up soon...

regulators, i know you've defeated underdawgs in the regular season. just a shame that their diamond player, evan nankung, wasn't there the first timearound. the dude is averaging over 40ppg so i guess its just fair warning. the post season is a different level. youll see players you probably havent seen theentire season but theyre on the official roster just for this reason: the playoffs.

^yeah, I saw that cat Evan play a few times...he's a legit 6'5 I think, very solid in the paint.

Gonna be tough a game, I hope guys are going to be up for the challenge!

ill be done with finals tomorrow, so hopefully ill get some time on the courts, if i can find one, and get ready for this big game. rocky is right, underdawghas more players that we didnt see in the first encounter so we need to be prepared for those guys and gathering from what adrian said we need to step up inthe paint and on the outside. we need to get good outside shots in, i think the lack of 3s made the difference in our game this weekend since they respondedwith many, adding it up for fab. ill promise not to be so hesitant this time around as I have been all season. just didnt want to be selfish or come outseeming selfish.

we also need to work on our substitutions...i think we should let players come in for at least 10 minutes before subbing, because playing 5 min intervalsdoesn't allow anyone to "warm up" to the game or even establish a feel for the game....just my thoughts in regards to the substitutions, everyonewill still get minutes but just a thought on substitutions intervals, espcially during a playoff situation we need to work those types of kinks out asap.

everyone needs to show up to this game

when we have our full squad, we are pretty good

but when players are missing, we end up loosing

so get everyone to show up

Andrew, I have to disagree with you on this one..
we also need to work on our substitutions...i think we should let players come in for at least 10 minutes before subbing, because playing 5 min intervals doesn't allow anyone to "warm up" to the game or even establish a feel for the game....
Here's the problem with that:
*If player A is doing well, should we sub him out because his 10 minutes are up?
*Will playing with 10 min substitution intervals really help players develop a feel for the game or just an eye for the clock?
*If there's no real coach on the sidelines, who's in charge of substitutions anyway?

we need to get good outside shots in, i think the lack of 3s made the difference in our game this weekend since they responded with many, adding it up for fab
Instead of focusing on what we didn't do, we should focus on what we did well....and that was cut down on the turnovers.
While we didn't play a perfect game, we sure didn't look as sloppy as we did the last time we took the court together.
I know I took my share of fg's, but for the most part we all took GOOD SHOTS....nothing really was forced.
There wasn't a need to match 3 for 3 cause that was, or is not our game...Jay R took some good ones, but our other main 3pt shooter was out.

I'm not calling you out bro, but I want to make sure that we are all focused on the PLAYOFFS...and nothing else.
when we have our full squad, we are pretty good

but when players are missing, we end up loosing
WORD!!!
pimp.gif

85vh7o8.jpg

men, we've played like crap all season long. but now were in the playoffs and things get serious now. if your out there iwont you to play and give 100% EFFORT. if you dont hold your own on the court then youll get benched. now go out there and play like a champion today!

Wassup fellas! Been awhile since I last looked and boy, Rock, We are looking GOOOOOD!!!

See you all next season! Hawaii is the%!$+!

Back
Top Bottom