CORGI SHOE's stash (world's largest private collection) for sale piece by piece

the best part is how NT automatically censors it. Saved me from getting banned. I figured it was the end of this thread and me on NT.
I think its an interesting read whether you agree or not. It may spark some discussion or thought. You never know.

Originally Posted by BubbaEla1

vegertaray123, i think people just assume i still actively follow and buy shoes. I surely dont buy. For a bunch of reasons. Mainly because i cant buy like i once did so its never the same to me. Plus the brands make it real easy to just pay no mind to it all. In fact , since i been doing the blog in Nov its the most i paid any mind to shoes since 2003. So interviewer dude assumed like many that i still buy and so forth. The only stuff i get is sent to me. Simple as that. I have a backstock of NBs to wear, some adidas top tens, sambas, and shelltoes, a few random nikes, and to be honest i will kick around in the shoes i get from working at the hundreds.
Hows it going for you sir? Any new NB pick ups. I been running in some 1220s for a minute now and they last like nothing else.

It's going good my friend...No new shoes as of late just been in my 992's...I did recently wear some Jordans that I have but after wearing them for aday or two it was right back to the 992's...I'm actually running in some Asics Kayano's right now and even though it took them like a good month tobreak in they are starting to seperate at the sole and midsole
eyes.gif
...Onlyhad the things for like 2 months or so...I have a pair of MR767's and a pair of Grey 498's that look to be very comfy and sustainable...I'mplanning on giving both these pairs a chance at being my new runners so we'll see what happens...Either way I'm done with Asics after this pair I havenow...

Originally Posted by vegetaray123

vegertaray123, i think people just assume i still actively follow and buy shoes. I surely dont buy. For a bunch of reasons. Mainly because i cant buy like i once did so its never the same to me. Plus the brands make it real easy to just pay no mind to it all. In fact , since i been doing the blog in Nov its the most i paid any mind to shoes since 2003. So interviewer dude assumed like many that i still buy and so forth. The only stuff i get is sent to me. Simple as that. I have a backstock of NBs to wear, some adidas top tens, sambas, and shelltoes, a few random nikes, and to be honest i will kick around in the shoes i get from working at the hundreds.
Hows it going for you sir? Any new NB pick ups. I been running in some 1220s for a minute now and they last like nothing else.

It's going good my friend...No new shoes as of late just been in my 992's...I did recently wear some Jordans that I have but after wearing them for a day or two it was right back to the 992's...I'm actually running in some Asics Kayano's right now and even though it took them like a good month to break in they are starting to seperate at the sole and midsole
eyes.gif
...Only had the things for like 2 months or so...I have a pair of MR767's and a pair of Grey 498's that look to be very comfy and sustainable...I'm planning on giving both these pairs a chance at being my new runners so we'll see what happens...Either way I'm done with Asics after this pair I have now...
asics were always cool to me and i've had many pairs including the kayano (what version are they up to now? . they must be past 10). But theynever were comfortable for my foot. New balances just feel good to me and i dont have a wide foot. Like i said i was running in a pair of 585s for a while buti broke out a pair 0f yr 2000 1220s and they have been a dream. Im still waiting to find a pair of the NB 2000s and try them out because those were always the%*+@ of the walk with a MSRP of $200. I got send a pair of adidas clima super duper pseudo shox torsion runners that are coming out soon so imma give them atry too.
Thanks also for keeping this thread alive with some good conversation!

Corgi great stuff very inspirational. I've always had a love for shoes growing up and never really cared to much for brands or anything lol I rememberbeing like 12 and going to marshalls and hitting up the clearance shoe rack all the time. I would beg my mom to buy me a pair but never really suceeded. Lolanyways I really do want to thank you for posting that interview and everythin else. I now realize that it's hard to stay away from the hype it's evenharder to not fall into it. I won't stop collecting shoes but I guess from now on I will seriously sit back look at a shoe and determine whether or not Itruly like it. Thanks again

BubbaEla1 wrote:

asics were always cool to me and i've had many pairs including the kayano (what version are they up to now? . they must be past 10). But they never were comfortable for my foot. New balances just feel good to me and i dont have a wide foot. Like i said i was running in a pair of 585s for a while but i broke out a pair 0f yr 2000 1220s and they have been a dream. Im still waiting to find a pair of the NB 2000s and try them out because those were always the %*+@ of the walk with a MSRP of $200. I got send a pair of adidas clima super duper pseudo shox torsion runners that are coming out soon so imma give them a try too.

In all my years I've never worn a pair of Adidas for running...I've had shell toes and campus's a great many times but never any runners...Funnyconsidering their running shoe roots and all.

I do know a buddy of mine had a pair of Adidas "Boston" (Not sure if that was the actuall model name or not) runners back around 1999-2000 maybe andhe wore those things into the ground...He and I used to get into some heated debates about who's shoes would more sustainable...At the time I was wearingsome Brook's (Maybe the Beast model, can't remember) and some Nike Tailwinds...He beat me by a mile as he wore his Adidas for at least a couple ofyears...Wore them so much that the outter heels had walked over and were rolled up over the midsole...Needless to say he was a severe underpronator...

If that was any indication for the quality of an Adidas runner you should be in for a real treat...Let us know how the 3 stipes treat you when you break themout...Very curious as to the results...

Oh yeah to keep this thing on track you all should def check out and make a purchase from Corgi's page...

http://corgishoe.wordpress.com/

Case in point. The Air Yeezy. That shoe is a #%!$%%# travesty. Its ugly as %@*+. The shoe has nothing appealing about it except that its associated with everyones favorite fashion guide Kanye. And the advertising and hype on it was a beautiful thing. People who spit on that shoe would be chasing it and lining up for it when it released. Sheep are very easy to herd. If that shoe came out at your local Ma and Pop shpot or at a mall store and had a price tag of $115 let alone $215 that %@*+ would be on the sale racks in 2 weeks.

exactly.

Damn, dude went IN on that article. Cant say I disagree with a word of it tho. Fact of the matter is we live in a capitalist country and anything that has anypopularity at all will be whored out for money sooner rather than later. Everything can and will be turned into a business. Thats the American way! All thatsaid, check your email
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Db0i

Corgi great stuff very inspirational. I've always had a love for shoes growing up and never really cared to much for brands or anything lol I remember being like 12 and going to marshalls and hitting up the clearance shoe rack all the time. I would beg my mom to buy me a pair but never really suceeded. Lol anyways I really do want to thank you for posting that interview and everythin else. I now realize that it's hard to stay away from the hype it's even harder to not fall into it. I won't stop collecting shoes but I guess from now on I will seriously sit back look at a shoe and determine whether or not I truly like it. Thanks again
some of my best finds were at marshalls. ross, and nordstroms rack. People always slept on those stores. I found OG Jason Kidds, Jumpan EddieJones, OG AJ 13s. Air Max zoom citizen, and countless others. In fact a lot of the DS, unworn, shoes i sell without a box come from these stores. Hype is partof everything. Whether it be entertainment, sports, cars, hobbies, style etc. How do you think we find out about new things? From hype. How are our own stylesand preferences formulated? Hype. Like i always say i bought plenty of shoes based on hype. We all like limited stuff. We all wanna play the numbers game. Buttheres a lot more to shoes than just buying because something is limited or sold at a special store. Because most of the time those shoes are prettydisgusting. SO when you purchase solely on hype you buy a lot of limited trash that you spend top $$$ for then in 6 months you have spend thousnads of $$$ ontrash you wont wear and look like a clown in. I never tell people what to buy. To each their own but i do think more people should be honest about what theybuy and what motivates them to buy. Because then they will have some longevity in this shoe hobby and not just burn out and chase the next trend. If you arentbuying pretty much every shoe like i used to because you want each shoe of a certain style then why would you buy a shoe you dont like but rationalize itbecause its limited. Buy what you like. It will make you feel better when you wear them and you wont look like every other mope that you see and make fun ofbecause of how they look. Thanks for the feedback sir

BubbaEla1 wrote:

asics were always cool to me and i've had many pairs including the kayano (what version are they up to now? . they must be past 10). But they never were comfortable for my foot. New balances just feel good to me and i dont have a wide foot. Like i said i was running in a pair of 585s for a while but i broke out a pair 0f yr 2000 1220s and they have been a dream. Im still waiting to find a pair of the NB 2000s and try them out because those were always the %*+@ of the walk with a MSRP of $200. I got send a pair of adidas clima super duper pseudo shox torsion runners that are coming out soon so imma give them a try too.

In all my years I've never worn a pair of Adidas for running...I've had shell toes and campus's a great many times but never any runners...Funny considering their running shoe roots and all.

I do know a buddy of mine had a pair of Adidas "Boston" (Not sure if that was the actuall model name or not) runners back around 1999-2000 maybe and he wore those things into the ground...He and I used to get into some heated debates about who's shoes would more sustainable...At the time I was wearing some Brook's (Maybe the Beast model, can't remember) and some Nike Tailwinds...He beat me by a mile as he wore his Adidas for at least a couple of years...Wore them so much that the outter heels had walked over and were rolled up over the midsole...Needless to say he was a severe underpronator...

If that was any indication for the quality of an Adidas runner you should be in for a real treat...Let us know how the 3 stipes treat you when you break them out...Very curious as to the results...

Oh yeah to keep this thing on track you all should def check out and make a purchase from Corgi's page...

Funny thing is im still waiting to find a pair of Bostons. I have a few pairs. Great looking shoe and great running shoe. I also have afew pairsof micropacers and always wondered how they do for running since they are sold as an upper end running shoe.
Did brooks make the hydroflow? Or was that Saucony? You ever try the Saucony Grid? Very good shoe for the price you can pick them up at or atleast what youused to be able to pick them up at.
It may be a while on the adidas because my NB 1220's are showing you signs of wear and im running 5 to 8 miles a day depending on many things i dependupon.. I'll keep you updated.

Bells and whistles for the sheep who are led by people pimping and pandering something that was once simple and pure.

Wow...that sentence is pure poetry.....much respect due for that line....

BubbaEla1 wrote:

In all my years I've never worn a pair of Adidas for running...I've had shell toes and campus's a great many times but never any runners...Funny considering their running shoe roots and all.

I do know a buddy of mine had a pair of Adidas "Boston" (Not sure if that was the actuall model name or not) runners back around 1999-2000 maybe and he wore those things into the ground...He and I used to get into some heated debates about who's shoes would more sustainable...At the time I was wearing some Brook's (Maybe the Beast model, can't remember) and some Nike Tailwinds...He beat me by a mile as he wore his Adidas for at least a couple of years...Wore them so much that the outter heels had walked over and were rolled up over the midsole...Needless to say he was a severe underpronator...

If that was any indication for the quality of an Adidas runner you should be in for a real treat...Let us know how the 3 stipes treat you when you break them out...Very curious as to the results...

Funny thing is im still waiting to find a pair of Bostons. I have a few pairs. Great looking shoe and great running shoe. I also have afew pairs of micropacers and always wondered how they do for running since they are sold as an upper end running shoe.
Did brooks make the hydroflow? Or was that Saucony? You ever try the Saucony Grid? Very good shoe for the price you can pick them up at or atleast what you used to be able to pick them up at.
It may be a while on the adidas because my NB 1220's are showing you signs of wear and im running 5 to 8 miles a day depending on many things i depend upon.. I'll keep you updated.

If memory serves it was Saucony who made the hydroflow...Could be wrong though...

I did try a couple pairs of Saucony's back in 99' - 01' when I was working at the Village Runner here in Las Vegas (This was the same time by buddywas wearing his Adidas Bostons). I have not a bad word to say about the brand but to be honest I pretty much just used them for working and for bumming aroundin and as far as that it concerned they were just fine. At the time it was pretty much Brooks and Nike for me. Yeah let me know about the Adidas when youget there. I just broke out my pair of 498's on the 4th and, even though it's still early going, they seem to be what I was looking for. If I couldtrack down a pair of the 1220's I would def grab a pair and stock them away for a later date because your giving them a really good review my friend...PlusNB's (At least the SL-1 Lasted Models) seem to be what my foot really needs to run. Who knows though maybe one day I'll find another pair to try outbut I'm hard pressed to even try another brand with the way that my NB's have treated me...Another thing about NB's that I really dig is the factthat I can go out and run 3 or 4 miles, come home shower then throw the same shoes back on and they don't feel any less comfy...

By the way...Got the PM and no worries...Let me know when that piece comes around and I'm down because this seems to be my new addiction
tired.gif
...It's gotta be something I guess...Buy from Corgi people...This guy is the truth...

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

Good read.
take it for what its worth...pretty much nothing. Random thoughts. I figure people can agree, disagree or not care, but i know if you read it youwill form some thoughts and opinion of your own which is always a good thing.
thanks

Im almost positive hydroflow is a brooks product. They use as their primary cushioning system...I think its in the Beast, gycerin, adrenaline etc....I beleivesaucony uses the "Grid" system...I think acutally most of their shoes now have "proGrid"

Originally Posted by 0704202134

Im almost positive hydroflow is a brooks product. They use as their primary cushioning system...I think its in the Beast, gycerin, adrenaline etc....I beleive saucony uses the "Grid" system...I think acutally most of their shoes now have "proGrid"

100% correct...Must have been the design cue of the vintage looking Hydroflow models that threw me off but your right. That was a Brooks model while Sauconyused the grid models. Point of fact it may have actually been the Hydroflow that I was reffering to in some of my other post's and not the beast becausenow that I can place the model they did seem to look a little similar in design...They Hydroflow being a bit less bulky. Hmmmmm...May have to go raid thestorage room and now my intrest had been raised...just to see what model it is that I was actually wearing at the time. Gotta love this thread...Honestly...

Originally Posted by 0704202134

Im almost positive hydroflow is a brooks product. They use as their primary cushioning system...I think its in the Beast, gycerin, adrenaline etc....I beleive saucony uses the "Grid" system...I think acutally most of their shoes now have "proGrid"

100% correct...Must have been the design cue of the vintage looking Hydroflow models that threw me off but your right. That was a Brooks model while Saucony used the grid models. Point of fact it may have actually been the Hydroflow that I was reffering to in some of my other post's and not the beast because now that I can place the model they did seem to look a little similar in design...They Hydroflow being a bit less bulky. Hmmmmm...May have to go raid the storage room and now my intrest had been raised...just to see what model it is that I was actually wearing at the time. Gotta love this thread...Honestly...
thank you both for the clarity, Im surprised that one let alone two people on NT even knew what i was referencing.

Hey Drew, just dropping in to say "Hi" and to give you a little bump. I hope the sell-off continues to go well andthat life is good!

Take care man!

Jay Jones
"Dependable Jay"

Jay, great to hear from you sir. One day we gotta catch up. You always been working 24-7 and now i finally have to work so we'll figure it out. Thanks forthe bump.
The sell-off is wonderful. I suggest anyone trying to sell their shoes do it like me. On your own terms, on a free blog. Ebay sucks, message board requirementsand limitations suck. Trying to sell at some shoe show sucks because all you have is people wanting to sell their stuff at insane prices.Like you always knew,i never inteneded to sell teh shoes but things happen. And truthfully i have no complaints. Its all so crazy now. Even PEs which used to be pretty simple havegotten abundant and out of hand. The entire shoe industry needs a reset. On a personal note, i dont envy Jay's collection because ist just shoes, but as aperson i envy Jay Jones. A very stand up dude. Anyone can have shoes. But not everyone with shoes handles themselves like a man with class and dignity andhumility.

the new generation amazes me. You all follow this stuff like its the bible. Know every price detail and past 30 times a shoe has sold yet continually email mewith offers like i somehow stumbled upon these shoes and im some dope having a garage sale and its yoru lucky day. Albeit, i dont follow shoes but its not hardto figure out pricing when every geek message board has a thread on it made by all of yous on thse boards. Yet i get incredibly low offers from people who haveincredible knowledge about shoes are are asking for very specific specialized shoes. Not like they stumbled upon the site and like a shoe because theirboyfriend says its cute. But when i reply with "thansk i will respectfully decline" then say i will buy as many pairs s you can find at that price incash many many man of you get upset. Very strange to me. I feel its more a sign of blatant disrespect for the shoe, the person selling the shoe, and just shoesin general. Thats why the prices of shoes are so inflated. You have all done it to yourselves. You value yoru shoes at amounts that are insane. I just followyoru insanity with a great big smile. Yet when you give me some scumbag blatantly disrespectful "im not sure how much these go for" then i see youhave 3 skillion posts on every message board it amuses. Just because i dont blow tinker and those other dinosaurs or ball wash the local jon b look alikerunning the register at yoru local boutique doesnt mean i am by any means (1) a fool and (2) i cant figure out the absurd prices you all have set for theseshoes. It is not my fault i got them dirt cheap. It is not my fault i still have them in pristine DS condition. It is not my fault that people want to buythem. It is my fault for thinking there was still a bit of decency and respect amongst fellow sneaker nerds like myself. But those days are long gone as arethe days of quality product, ingenuity, creativity, passion, heart, and an overall feeling of decency in regards to shoes. That being said i wil be activelyupdating my blog again because i want to sell all these shoes as fast as possible (dont think for a second its a firesale, i've waited this long andi'll wait till i get the price you all have foolishly deemed to be the current market value) then go back to being a nobody with no shoes except ones ilike and wear because regardless if they are beat and shot out can still finesse them at any time and make em work; Remember you make the shoe. The shoe doesntmake you. You set the prices. Dont be mad at me. Sell yoru stuff at the offers you give and you would be much more successful in buying the stuff you shouldhave bought years back on clearance racks saying $9.99, 2 for $30, etc etc. Just another rant by corgi...i know. Point is the blog will be updated dailymultiple times in a perfect setting.

also, i've said many times offers are subjective but one of my favorite replies is "would you ever in your right mind sell me that shoe at thatprice". Seldom has there ever been a reply after that.
Also when you see people listing their shoes at crazy BUT IT NOW prices or super inflated p[rices on flight club and such sites why do you think they do it?Its because thats what it all has become. Everything is so overinflated, hyped, and people want to sell shoes but only if they can bend the buyer over. By nomeans am i mother terresa trying to give my shoes sway. I am trying to sell them all and maximize each transaction. But seldom if at all do i get a reply like"you are asking way to much for that shoe or you are out of your mind". Unless its someone who offers me $140 for a pair of AM 95 Juventus and saysthats the market price and me looking in the mid to upper $200 range depending on my rapor with the buyer, what they have bought and how they carry themselvesin an email is insane and i am unrealistic. Thats the type of individual who feels my pricing is unrealistic. Why do i not set prices. Because a large majorityof my shoes do not have set prices. They are the common that have become uncommon. Everyone has or is selling the limited and hyped. Even from years back. Thecommon that have become uncommon are what people notice, remember, and will talk to you about because you are making that shoe. Just some casual look thateveryone and anyone remembers wishes they had and so forth. Atleast thats how i have always seen it versus a dope limited shoe that you see on others all thetime.
AND LASTLY thanks for all of you who have checked the blog, spread teh word, bought anything, sent an email, made an offer, didnt buy anything, talked shoes orpersonal stuff, and everything else inbetween. Because im doing something thats grassroots and no matter what i sincerely appreciate all the help yous all onNT have given me.

Anyone can have shoes. But not everyone with shoes handles themselves like a man with class and dignity and humility.

amen. i remember pm'ing him with some stupid crap back in 05 and he was very tolerant, patient and thoughtful with his replies. super cool dude. i try todo the same nowadays when i reply to others who pm me asking for advice or information.

jumpmankb---i remeber just hearing about nike japanpopping craze colorways in the dunk when the states were hi and dry on them. It was insane. And to this day i still cant understand why anyone who likes dunks,sbs, etc isnt totally consumed by the cojp dunks. That program really kick started what we see today. But seldom do people realize that. They just see a simpledunk in simple colorways. But for those years those colorways were absurd and out of the realm of normalcy. Totally pushed the boundaries. To this day myfavorite dunk of all time is the navy white pro b low with the stuffed tongue from 2001. I must still have about 20 pairs all purchased for $9.99 and then 50%off on employee appreciation day when locker used to run it twice a year and not every 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom