Created the first online Youtube community website with automatic subbing...who wants to beta test?

hey let me try. im on work leave and not doing anything
indifferent.gif

you got room for me fam?? im always down to try beta things and giving valid input
pimp.gif

you got room for me fam?? im always down to try beta things and giving valid input
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

Originally Posted by chrome vapors

what is auto sub?

Lets say you have the coolest video in the world. You know that if you put this on Youtube, it would be huge. Only problem is that you have 0 subscribers. The chances of your video getting out there into the viral world are very slim. So it basically gets lost in the shuffle. Yea you have those big guys who can blow it up for you like that Williams guy but basically no one will see it unless that happens.
Gaining subscribers is a big thing because it gives you 1 more chance of having your video seen. The only problem is that you have to find them and ask for them to sub you or they have to really like your video and sub you  out of nowhere.

We basically developed a module for sub 4 sub. You sub ppl - gain points - they sub you - lose points.
Thanks, can you also explain the last sentence. Why do you loose points when someone subscribes to your channel?

its the whole incentive of subbing. You basically need to sub someone to gain points so someone else can sub you to take away the points. Lets have a better example. Remember you having a subscription is the main goal.

Example:

You have 2 points

I have 2 points

You sub me, I lose a point but gain a subscription. (which is what I want)

So now you have 3 points

I have 1 point.

Lets say John who has 2 points comes in and subs me.

John now has 3 points

I have 0 points but gainged a subscription. Now I basically need to sub someone in order to gain points. I might even sub John back.

So now John would have 2 points

And I will get back 1 point.

Get me?
Sounds forced.  Subbing to get "points?"  At the end of the day, are the people that are "subbing" these channels/videos actually gonna watch the new material that might be put out by the owner of that channel they subbed to?

Seems like a myspace "just stopping by to show some love, do the same and leave a comment on my page" type of thing...

what is auto sub?

Lets say you have the coolest video in the world. You know that if you put this on Youtube, it would be huge. Only problem is that you have 0 subscribers. The chances of your video getting out there into the viral world are very slim. So it basically gets lost in the shuffle. Yea you have those big guys who can blow it up for you like that Williams guy but basically no one will see it unless that happens.
Gaining subscribers is a big thing because it gives you 1 more chance of having your video seen. The only problem is that you have to find them and ask for them to sub you or they have to really like your video and sub you  out of nowhere.

We basically developed a module for sub 4 sub. You sub ppl - gain points - they sub you - lose points.
Thanks, can you also explain the last sentence. Why do you loose points when someone subscribes to your channel?

its the whole incentive of subbing. You basically need to sub someone to gain points so someone else can sub you to take away the points. Lets have a better example. Remember you having a subscription is the main goal.

Example:

You have 2 points

I have 2 points

So now you have 3 points

I have 1 point.

John now has 3 points

I have 0 points but gainged a subscription. Now I basically need to sub someone in order to gain points. I might even sub John back.

Get me?
Sounds forced.  Subbing to get "points?"  At the end of the day, are the people that are "subbing" these channels/videos actually gonna watch the new material that might be put out by the owner of that channel they subbed to?

Seems like a myspace "just stopping by to show some love, do the same and leave a comment on my page" type of thing...

Originally Posted by derrty6232

what is auto sub?

Example:

You have 2 points

I have 2 points

So now you have 3 points

I have 1 point.

John now has 3 points

Get me?

No...the points is just a way to make sure you receive subs. If you just clicked on everyones page and sub'd them, what makes you so sure that you will receive anything back?

When you sub someone, it gives you access to their accounts so basically when you put up a new video, if you want you can post a bulletin or send a mass youtube msg (limit on how many you can send at once) and you have a better chance of someone seeing your video then you just uploading it yourself with no subs.

Its just how Youtube works. Its also more importantly, and many can agree with me here, a rep thing. The more subs you have, the better your page looks. Its not like Facebook where you add just   random ppl as your "friends". On youtube, the people you are adding are potential viewers, your potential audience.

Youtube has its own set of social rules and whats cool and not. There was a whole underground for this with sub 4 sub but Youtube removed it and said they would work on fixing their community pages. This just makes it easier for people.

Originally Posted by derrty6232

what is auto sub?

Example:

You have 2 points

I have 2 points

So now you have 3 points

I have 1 point.

John now has 3 points

Get me?

No...the points is just a way to make sure you receive subs. If you just clicked on everyones page and sub'd them, what makes you so sure that you will receive anything back?

When you sub someone, it gives you access to their accounts so basically when you put up a new video, if you want you can post a bulletin or send a mass youtube msg (limit on how many you can send at once) and you have a better chance of someone seeing your video then you just uploading it yourself with no subs.

Its just how Youtube works. Its also more importantly, and many can agree with me here, a rep thing. The more subs you have, the better your page looks. Its not like Facebook where you add just   random ppl as your "friends". On youtube, the people you are adding are potential viewers, your potential audience.

Youtube has its own set of social rules and whats cool and not. There was a whole underground for this with sub 4 sub but Youtube removed it and said they would work on fixing their community pages. This just makes it easier for people.

Back
Top Bottom