Da baggy era, a fashion retropective.

We were definitely wildin. In everyone’s defense we were looking at this cat thinking he was DOING it:smh:

408C38A8-580C-47B9-BAE3-A0BD6BF823C3.jpeg

4D367817-6CB4-48C1-9AE2-A9B33BD9B3DF.jpeg

Everything from that era was about sending mf's to jail. Even the fashion .

not to mention trying to evade cops or jump over the hedges......... WITH SIZE 42 denim and XXXXXL shirts on a adolescent body. Plus, sagging???? You might as well get ready for mess hall and a cot

Reactions: wr
Baggy is back tho with the cool kids

Early 90's baggy though.

I still remember in the late 90s in highschool. Just looking at at old pics from early 80s and hip hop clothing was slim joggers and tight jeans.

I was like "hell nawwa. Tight clothing us tooo feminine."

Here I am as a grown as man with my tight raw jeans since 2009.

Girbarud shuttle jeans baggy was a horrible idea.
12c2a502c91b431b791d56e028f542f9.jpg

Mf'ers out here looking like a chained up death row inmate.
Mayne, yall trippin! These were my favorite jeans of all time!! Had about 13 pairs of Girbaud shuttle jeans. Back in 99 these were a hot commodity in New Orleans.

Early 90's baggy though.

I still remember in the late 90s in highschool. Just looking at at old pics from early 80s and hip hop clothing was slim joggers and tight jeans.

I was like "hell nawwa. Tight clothing us tooo feminine."

Here I am as a grown as man with my tight raw jeans since 2009.

Exactly. Had my joints extra baggy so it wouldn't look feminine at all. If it came close to fitting properly, i considered it too tight.

I remember going to court with something similar thinking it was a grown man look. Big *** khakis belted and tucked with the clear frames and a pnb button up :sick:Thinking the judge was gonna let me off like “this is a good kid”. Wow what an idiot I was
Basically lol. Then i had to mushroom the shirt bc i thought my pants would look too high if i didn't.

Say what you will about the 2000's fashion scene, but baggy cloths were hella comfortable. Especially in the winter time. To this day, for me nothing beats wearing an Avirex leather jacket with girbauds, a button down shirt, a fresh fitted cap, and some tims.

A lot of people don’t understand the cut of clothes back then. Even non hip hop brands were baggy. I wore a XL and rarely a 2XL in my days and those joints were crazy. I remember copping both Barry Sanders OSU jerseys cause they were $20, 3XL and 4XL. Wore each one time and never again; joints were way too big.

Baggy clothes coming back now and crazy OD baggy will be back one day.

Last edited:
^I truly just didn’t understand how sizing worked. Was steadily copping 42 when I probably would’ve still been good with a 32 cuz of how the street wear was cut. Was just like gimme the biggest size y’all got lol tees I never went past 3xtall

Grine Grine

bro, can you give us a history lesson on why Girbauds were so popular in New Orleans? I know it being a French brand, and the French connection down there. I want the 411

Jumping the neighbors fence to take a short cut to school was not the business during this era, ruined several shirts just to save a few mins

Just donated the last of my XL Ralph Lauren polos from that era to the Salvation Army. Don’t know who was crazier us, for coming out the house like that or our parents for enabling it. Mom’s would legit go to footlocker and cop me new 2X tall tees every month. Got me some size 36 Girbaud Shuttles for Christmas like 14 years ago when I barely wear a size 30 now :lol: Wouldn’t let me get a dickie cage suit though cause she claimed I’d look like an inmate :smh:

Back
Top Bottom