Da baggy era, a fashion retropective.

The funny thing is a lot of the hip hop brands were cut like ****. A small in those brands would be an XL today. S, M, L the cut was the almost the same except the length of the shirt.

I still love big *** xxxl t-shirts even though I weigh 170. Hate rocking normal size tees cause theyre not as comfy.

8696EAE0-636C-4BFD-A6EB-320156BB6AC6.png

what’s crazy is I’m assuming that Soulja boy pic is from 07 or so. I remember the baggy stuff starting to get phased out around 04 when people were on that “grown and sexy” stuff. But in certain regions of the country the baggy stuff made its way well into 09 and beyond lol.

I remember the baggy stuff starting to get phased out around 04 when people were on that “grown and sexy” stuff.

naw, da funny part is "grown and sexy" button up era came out before people slimmed up, but after da jersey era, so you got Jay-Z talking bout he too grown for jerseys swimming in 5xl button ups and baggy *** jeans :lol:

jayz-during-jayz-and-friends-in-concert-november-14-2004-at-boston-picture-id111609658

vince-carter-of-the-new-jersey-nets-talks-with-rap-star-jayz-after-picture-id51888223

probably da worst trend/era in fashion.... Michael Jordan retired when this era was popping so his style literally froze in time in 2004-2005 :lol:

jay was def the pioneer of the button up shirt era.
He told y'all to "Change clothes and Go".
We all listened.

I love how paid in full was a period piece but still had cats wild oversized in the “80’s” :lol:

no I'm not going to lie, da size that they were wearing in that movie was pretty on point..

that movie Low-key made me start to think about slimmi up because I thought da way Camron and mekhi phifer style was dope.

Back
Top Bottom