Da baggy era, a fashion retropective.

no I'm not going to lie, da size that they were wearing in that movie was pretty on point..

that movie Low-key made me start to think about slimmi up because I thought da way Camron and mekhi phifer style was dope.

Main characters were on point. Go back and look at Rico’s crew and some of the random street cats. Dudes were 2000s baggy

I liked late 90s baggy era. First half 2000's baggy era was too much.
It got too crazy in the end. I kept the same baggy style and didn’t take it any further because then you crossed into Latin gamgmember territory.

jay was def the pioneer of the button up shirt era.
He told y'all to "Change clothes and Go".
We all listened.
Nah. SoCal was doing button ups in 97-99 before Jay Z started talking about it. That was basically my fit throughout high school when I wasn’t wearing b-ball shorts.

Having all that big clothing on and tying to figure out how he we moved has me dying :lol:

Also trying to figure out who brought in the fitted era with pics:rofl:

I started slimming down in 2006 there werent many options for non baggy pants lol I got too skinny for years after, broads liked it. But it was to skinny. I prefer baggy now.

i’m niketalk royalty baby you can’t even kiss my rings man
What rings? Unless you have updated pics?
2320764-cda82ae801db6f2ce2beab2d558bce68.jpg

I gotta LT game issue jersey, joint like a 2XL. Dying to wear it but the joint so damn baggy on me. I'm a do it though.

naw, da funny part is "grown and sexy" button up era came out before people slimmed up, but after da jersey era, so you got Jay-Z talking bout he too grown for jerseys swimming in 5xl button ups and baggy *** jeans :lol:

jayz-during-jayz-and-friends-in-concert-november-14-2004-at-boston-picture-id111609658

vince-carter-of-the-new-jersey-nets-talks-with-rap-star-jayz-after-picture-id51888223

probably da worst trend/era in fashion.... Michael Jordan retired when this era was popping so his style literally froze in time in 2004-2005 :lol:

100% of older NT was guilty of this. That was my go to date outfit.

:lol:

Go to a tailor and get it slim down.

Nah, that joint staying as it is. **** was cut and fitted for LT. Body kind of fitted but the shoulders and arms are baggy. I'm a have to layer up

Reebok was wild late and flagrant. Their sizes and cuts were crazy. I remember buying a L Giants sideline jacket, joint was official. Had it to match these and that **** was like a damn dress and this was like 07. I had to donate all my Giants SB 42 gear cause the fit was so damn bad.

Still couldn't tell me **** when I had it on

Nike-Air-Max-95-Doernbecher-DB-2007.jpg

Grine Grine

bro, can you give us a history lesson on why Girbauds were so popular in New Orleans? I know it being a French brand, and the French connection down there. I want the 411
Long story short, da Hot Boys made Girbaud's, long tees, and soldiers ( reebok workout mid's) popular nationally. But before that cats locally were wearing the baggy Girbaud's with the knife pocket on the side throughout the 90's. A lot of older heads were rocking them with sweaters and dress shoes. Once the hip hop fashion scene took over in the late 90's younger people adopted those jeans as the official streetwear look. And I kid you not, once those shuttle jeans came out everybody and their mama copped those jeans. I remember first seeing them at summer school when this dude came to school wearing them. He had spent his whole paycheck on them ( they were $98 when they first came out).

what’s crazy is I’m assuming that Soulja boy pic is from 07 or so. I remember the baggy stuff starting to get phased out around 04 when people were on that “grown and sexy” stuff. But in certain regions of the country the baggy stuff made its way well into 09 and beyond lol.
Oh country *** ****** were behind ie bapes years after everyone else phased them out.

Back
Top Bottom