da "Sneaker bubble" apparently is bursting...

Imagine not wearing converse 70's everyday until death. :pimp:

Any jordan other than the 1's and 3's are hot trash. All nike makes is bulky trash other than flyknit racers and trainers. Ultra boosts are ugly as **** too.
Everything is ugly to you lol

IMG_4281.JPG

Facts.
These have been my only pair of sneakers since March. I love them even more that they are scuffed

Attachments

• z2B0vzRO28S9UetAXyJUqQ6TcIxJffvM-12.jpg
    z2B0vzRO28S9UetAXyJUqQ6TcIxJffvM-12.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1
I see a lot of kids with Vans in NYC now and thought it was odd.

Always thought that was the wave in Cali, but people don't really have it like thst to spend so.

Shoes like Foamposite reselling for $400 + & Bron SB 8's going for $850 + was odd times

The South Beach LeBron is what created the mess we have today in terms of reselling. It was unreal how a shoe that could be had if you put in the work, went upwards to a rack. I got my pair from Champs Downtown Brooklyn two days after they released because my dad happened to walk by and saw them on display.

This isn't a good article to be honest. Foot Locker's stock has plummeted because brands are stepping up their e-commerce and selling directly.

The South Beach LeBron is what created the mess we have today in terms of reselling. It was unreal how a shoe that could be had if you put in the work, went upwards to a rack. I got my pair from Champs Downtown Brooklyn two days after they released because my dad happened to walk by and saw them on display.

This isn't a good article to be honest. Foot Locker's stock has plummeted because brands are stepping up their e-commerce and selling directly.
Limited shoes had been happening, but I always circle back to these:
aj13altitude3-570x381.jpg

I'm aware of limited shoes always being the wave. Those came out when I was in high school and could have been easily had as were both sets of the Laser IVs. I'm talking about in regards to unreal resale numbers. Altitude XIIIs weren't going for a rack after they dropped.

I'm aware of limited shoes always being the wave. Those came out when I was in high school and could have been easily had as were both sets of the Laser IVs. I'm talking about in regards to unreal resale numbers. Altitude XIIIs weren't going for a rack after they dropped.

Black laser IV's were not easy to get... like at all they were not easy to obtain at all.

Don't worry, 2018 JB gonna cut back on production and shoes won't sit anymore and thus the process starts over again

The "limited" argument really depends on when you started paying attention to sneakers.

It could be argued the Espos started it all.

There's a couple reasons sneakers fell off... but talking about Nike specifically....

1) They should have paid Kanye the Royalties. He was the hype train conductor.
Kanye's venture with adidas isnt some huge revolution, but for Nike it was a giant loss. The Yeezy 2s were a Halo product that added value to all their other sneakers. From Doernbechers > Yeezy 1 > Galaxy Foam > Yeezy 2, the shoe game transformed. That hype train turned a sneaker that cost maybe $40 to produce into a collectable item that people pay used Honda car prices for. It was absurd. People were doing scavenger hunts, camping, paying for other store merchandise, raffles, everything just to grab a pair. Nike was so greedy they just couldn't bare to pay Kanye his due.

2) The only reason anyone was paying 200 bucks for other athletic shoes is because the market value was immediately higher after sellout. So 2 industries were born.. the resale market and the internet bot market. Resellers werent all eating good. The limited quantities fueled demand and a modest reseller with 3 pairs of shoes could get a free pair of shoes or profit 400 bucks or so for every release. But some Nike business guy who only sees supply and demand didn't realize that big resellers took losses a lot and kept shoes. If you were at major shoe releases in the peak you would just see the same people in every line at multiple stores. That made Nike think that there was like 4 or 5 times the demand that they actually had. So instead of 1 hot shoe a month, they put out shoes every week and upped the prices to try and take reseller profits that never were really there. No more exclusivity.. no more flippers.. back to pre-yeezy clearance Jordans. Once again greed.

The community that pays resale is either:
- people in places that only have 1 or 2 stores that didn't even get 2 full size runs,
- drug dealers, athletes, hustlers, and other flashy hip hop lifestyle type people,
- well off suburban.. want to be urban kids
- actual collectors
all of which are only interested in what the next guy can't get his hands on.

They produced more and put more online lowering the demand for the people without stores
Lebron faded after going back to cleaveland.. They lost Kanye and their rapper/star appeal lowering the demand for people who live flashy
They lost their collectors by flooding hype releases
Only ones left are well off suburban kids.. most of them grow up and get good jobs that require dress shoes once they're outta school. no more need for Js that no one sees.

Back
Top Bottom