da "Sneaker bubble" apparently is bursting...

Retro releases seem to be at an all time low. I think people smartened up about quality and pricing. Nike thought we would be suckers forever.

A nike outlet store even closed up near me a year ago. That never seems to happen.

I'm here for the discounts :smokin

Yup. I haven't bought a pair of Jordan's in like 6-7 years probably but this thread just made me go check out footlocker

image.png

These are :pimp: :pimp: but I'm not about to drop $190 :nerd: :nerd:

I've been looking for the perfect everyday casual/runner shoe for years now. This seems to be what a lot of people are going after now a days. Favorites are free run 2 (can't find them anymore though), blazers, Bruins, and adidas campus

Things changed when it became ok to wear running shoes with jeans :lol:
other brands have become more acceptable too. Asics, new balance, vans (on the east coast) etc. I see NB that I like but I still have that stigma that I can't get past

Last edited:
I don't think it's bursting I think "we" are no longer buying 6 pairs a month

I've been wearing a beater pair of all black air max 90 for a year straight, got a pair of air max 1s wheat, Jordan white red 13s and some roshes, I just unds so I feel I'm good for a other two years lol maybe get a other black pair

Glad I sold it all when I did...too bad I pissed the money away on multiple vacations instead of a small business or stock market

you're a reseller tho

haha Dom K is that you? :emoji_eyes:

"I be on my Vans ****, had to put them Nike's down
Air Force, Jordan's, Naw I never **** with Nike now
"
Yea which means I have a lot of experience in shoes and know that the bubble ain't pop, just the hustle changed and is not as simple as buying the latest jays and cashing out anymore

Footlocker is not a reflection of the sneaker market. Retail is dead period. And despite the widespread popularity of sneakers, its still not enough to carry retail brands that haven't adapted.

Foot locker was destined to fail based on 1. Their poor customer service, and 2. There over saturation in the mall format.

In addition to this, I believe the PA based Villa was recently bought out as well.

Good hopefully I could get some vapor maxes for the low

Thats the last shoe ive paid retail for and honestly they worth every penny imo. Of course id love to get a next pair on discount tho :lol: but i usually buy most things on discount.

Ive been wearing em everyday. Mad comfy.

I do want a pair of UB cuz i keep hearing how comfy those are too but they stay sold out wherever i check or not in my size.

This too.

I can't for the life of me understand how they can justify charging more and more for Jordans that have zero technical advancement and the same **** materials.

:lol: man i was looking at FTL up here and i seen TB 3s for 255CAD and 16s for over 300 :lol:

Absolutely ridiculous.

I almost bought the 16s to swap out one of the shrouds with the one that broke on my 01 pair and return them :lol:

I paid about 155 for my ultraboosts and they are worth every penny. I'm not crazy about the way they look, but they are undoubtedly the most comfortable shoe that I've ever put on my foot.

Just got a pair of UB uncaged for $140 + tax, definitely very comfortable. I prefer lunarlon from Nike though

From 4:40 - 6:50 what Spitta was saying is exactly how we still feel 3 years later.

Ya i cant get jiggy with these fruity tutty c/ws. Gotta be OG c/w.

I remember telling my homie bout that with the durants, cant remember which model but they were a lowcut. I said the silhouette is dope but all these colors r all bright and **** i cant rock this wild ****. I mean...floral patterns? Come on

people are also forgetting nike is going alternate routes from the stores they use to focus on

there partnership with amazon tells you everything you need to know

Thats the last shoe ive paid retail for and honestly they worth every penny imo. Of course id love to get a next pair on discount tho :lol: but i usually buy most things on discount.

Ive been wearing em everyday. Mad comfy.

I do want a pair of UB cuz i keep hearing how comfy those are too but they stay sold out wherever i check or not in my size.

The all black and olive pairs are tempting me.

The all black and olive pairs are tempting me.

Man i been after the all black since they dropped. I literally fell asleep when they first released :lol: Then they restocked last night and i couldnt cart a pair.

Ended up settling for the pure platinum joints.

The one thing I was hoping for with this increased competition was more inspired designs by Nike. I've yet to see anything "new". Every shoe that they produce looks the same and has flyknit. Enough already. Why does a sock with a sole run $150+?? The same actually goes for adidas. Was there any real difference between the ultraboosts 1, 2, and 3? I couldn't tell. innovation is just more then the cushioning.
The boost heads eat that up though... They just as bad as JB heads were and still are with all these crappy *** colorways

Ya i cant get jiggy with these fruity tutty c/ws. Gotta be OG c/w.

I remember telling my homie bout that with the durants, cant remember which model but they were a lowcut. I said the silhouette is dope but all these colors r all bright and **** i cant rock this wild ****. I mean...floral patterns? Come on
Facts.. Tbh its some of the basic color ways too that got me turnt off. Keeping it real them red suede and blue suede 5's were trash.. Same with the 1's with the exception of the greys. Them white cement 5's were trash too. Can't believe cats would go out and cop something like that.. But whatever they wanna rock is their business

The hype beasts are one of the main cores of problems in the clothing and sneaker communities.. Been like that since the pigeon dunks dropped back in '05.. Now those cats are damn well in their 30's or about to be and they passed this **** on to cats in my generation. Dudes was really flipping them ugly *** LV x 'Preme joints.

Back
Top Bottom