Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

Lost a real ugly one yesterday without Josh or Gooden, and could be another ugly one on Wednesday if we don't start playing better.

Dallas needs to start moving up.
smh.gif

--Dallas doesnt suck. And the Lakers arent THAT good, (right now)...
--For some reason the matchups between the 2 teams slightly favors the Lakers.
--Mbenga > Dampier. Real talk.

man I hate Dirk against the Thunder. Jeff Green and Serge Ibaka are both playing flawless D on him, it doesn't even seem like he should even be able to seethe basket much less make those shots

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

man I hate Dirk against the Thunder. Jeff Green and Serge Ibaka are both playing flawless D on him, it doesn't even seem like he should even be able to see the basket much less make those shots
Serge played great against us last game (I was at work this game so I couldn't watch).

From the highlights, Dirk seemed automatic.

Jason Terry stay bricking late free throws...
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

So who were you rooting for more tonight? I'm guessing the Thunder.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

man I hate Dirk against the Thunder. Jeff Green and Serge Ibaka are both playing flawless D on him, it doesn't even seem like he should even be able to see the basket much less make those shots
Serge played great against us last game (I was at work this game so I couldn't watch).

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

OKC. I like the Mavs too though this yr moreso than I have in a while, even though I don't get to see them anymore. Dirk and JT were both coldblooded in the 4th. Brooks should have stuck with Harden, Collison, and Maynor more tonight though. They always come in the game right away and change thingsfor the better and he usually rides with them until their effectiveness fades, but tonight they came in and extended the lead some and went back and sat down.

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

OKC. I like the Mavs too though this yr moreso than I have in a while, even though I don't get to see them anymore. Dirk and JT were both cold blooded in the 4th. Brooks should have stuck with Harden, Collison, and Maynor more tonight though. They always come in the game right away and change things for the better and he usually rides with them until their effectiveness fades, but tonight they came in and extended the lead some and went back and sat down.
Yeah I know where you're coming from with their bench play, but you have to start to be able to trust your starters to maintain leads.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Remember opening night when the Wiz beat Dallas...wonder where most of those fans are now
grin.gif
laugh.gif
Which fans? Dallas fans or Washington fans?

Most fans gone now, and won't be back until the Playoffs.

If Gooden plays like he did yesterday, the Mavs would be just fine. For once, I saw flashes of him getting points the way I knew he could, with some low-postmoves. He's never been a dominant scorer down there but he has enough skill to at least get a few buckets like that, instead of just looking like a6'10" version of Danny Fortson. We only saw 6 minutes from JJ Barea and that's great. We just need Tim Thomas to get healthy and Rick Carlisleneeds to use that depth instead of playing an 8 man rotation. My biggest gripe with the first half of the season is that Carlisle has failed to use the depthand develop the role players. If we had played 10-11 guys every night, I'd feel a lot better about our chances, even though we still have some major holes.Right now, we're relying too much on Dirk to be great every night, Damp to be healthy, and "hope" that Howard and Terry can both produce at thesame time (which is looking very unlikely at this point).

PG - Kidd, Barea
SG - Howard, Terry
SF - Marion, Thomas (can play PF too)
PF - Nowitzki
C - Dampier, Gooden

All nine of those guys should be getting minutes EVERY night and then you sprinkle in Beaubois and Singleton every now and then based on matchups. And I'mstill hoping they land a real backup center with the open roster spot. I'd take Calvin Booth at this point.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Remember opening night when the Wiz beat Dallas...wonder where most of those fans are now
grin.gif
laugh.gif
Which fans? Dallas fans or Washington fans?

Most fans gone now, and won't be back until the Playoffs.
Wizard fans
laugh.gif
Just funny then and now.

If our Centers play like they did last night, we don't lose.

Period.

It's really irrelevant on how everyone else plays. Yes, Dirk played great. BUT. We are infinitely more effective when our bigs are producing.

Time to take care of work tonight.

An interesting tidbit, the Mavs have the easiest second-half schedule remaining of any team in the West.

THANK GOD.

What do you expect? He's a rookie.

Go ahead and trade Josh away, we'll downgrade on defense, but God we need another option on offense right now.

I feel like Josh will be traded before the deadline. They need to do something. That was pitiful tonight.

Cheers to having a good start tomorrow.

Would you guys be interested in a three-way deal where we got rid of Damp, Josh, and whoever else it took, to get Kevin Martin and David Lee?
nerd.gif

Cheers to having a good start tomorrow.

Would you guys be interested in a three-way deal where we got rid of Damp, Josh, and whoever else it took, to get Kevin Martin and David Lee?
nerd.gif

As long as Dirk, Jet, Marion, Gooden, Barea, and Kidd are still with us.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom