Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

2 clutch shots?
nerd.gif
One to send it to OT and the game winner with 1.7 seconds left.
I can't find any game videos.
tired.gif

Damp's actually kinda, earning his contract?
nerd.gif

8.1 PPG
9.6 RPG
2.2 BPG

All Dallas highs, except for PPG.

But he's working his %%% off.

And I love it.

In the last 4+ years, who has hit more game winning shots with under :02 to play in the NBA? Kobe? LeBron? Wade? Carmelo? Nope, it's the one few think isclutch and even fewer think is one of the greatest to ever play. Dirk Nowitzki has done this eight times, including four in the last two seasons. Wade has doneit five, no one else has done it more than four.

Melo isnt that clutch. Neither is Bron.
Dirk is one of the most clutch players ever. i think everyone knows dirk has the ability to go off whenever he wants. same goes for kobe.

WHEW.

That was quite possibly the ugliest W of the year for us.

SO many stupid turnovers.

Dirk had like 2 points through three quarters, and then got a little run going in the 4th.

JJB carried us in that first half, thank god for that or else we would have gotten BLOWN OUT.

Kidd had a damn good game.

Despite all the ugly turnovers, Howard was great tonight. Played with a lot of heart out there. Marion played great too..

Not as an emphatic stat night for Dampier, but he still had a great Damp good game.

We got the W, and that's what matters. Four straight.

@ OKC Wednesday, then at home against Houston Friday, hopefully we can keep things going.

18-7, we need to keep control of that 2nd seed. Didn't get to 18 wins until December 28th last year.

Hopefully Dirk and Damp are more effective on Wednesday.

Time to care of business....

...again.

Josh should play, our bigs should have a good game, lets see how it goes. Young, athletic teams can give us fits.

We'll see.

OKC, Houston, Cleveland, Portland in the next 7 days... Nice little stretch to show something against playoff caliber teams...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

OKC, Houston, Cleveland, Portland in the next 7 days... Nice little stretch to show something against playoff caliber teams...
1 down, three to go.

Nah, I'll be happy with 3 out of 4.

If we sweep these next three, it'll say a lot about our team.

Plus an 8-game streak would look nice.
pimp.gif

The Mavs schedule is tough for the next month

Rest of December

Houston
Cleveland
Portland
Memphis
@ Denver
@ Houston

In January

@ Lakers
Detroit
@ Spurs
Utah
Lakers
Ok City again

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

So how do yall feel about our team, almost 30 games in?
I like what I have seen, but I am still confused.

They are off to a very solid start but have had alot of injuries and the offense has struggles some, but they fought through it, so that is promising. I amstill waiting to see how it all comes together once Josh gets back to 100% and they get a set rotation going.

I also feel like they have lost a few game that they had no business losing (Washington, New Orleans, etc...) so that frustrates me some.

This team is playing alot better defense, and the additions of Gooden and Thomas has brought a nice toughness to the team. I think the Mavs have a nice deepteam and I think this is going to be a nice season.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Melo isnt that clutch. Neither is Bron.
Dirk is one of the most clutch players ever. i think everyone knows dirk has the ability to go off whenever he wants. same goes for kobe.
I'm not picking on you but, I hate this saying, like why wouldn't a player want to go off EVERY game and go 82 (98) - 0
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom