Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

Originally Posted by JPZx

I don't know if it was only tonight, but damn Roddy Beaubois looked like something serious.

Saw a couple of behind the back passes and he was getting to the basket with ease.

What's the story behind this kid? Is he a part of the future? I see he's only making about a mil a year but he is a rookie.
Hopefully he's the heir to Jason Kidd. Will be he as good? Of course not.

What do we hope for out of him?

He's an EXCELLENT shooter, he can handle the ball, and he's a really good defender. He's very raw right now, he turns it over a lot, but that comes with seasoning. The kid's confidence level is on another plane though. His stroke is so smooth, he will throw it up without a second thought, and he's hitting em pretty well, 38% or so for the season.

He's part of the future, not THE future, but a very nice piece.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Once Damp gets back I don't know if we are as good as the Lakers but that's the only team in the NBA wouldn't bet on us if we played them in the playoffs.

Haywood is a problem.
eek.gif

MAN!! I LOVE these new look Mavs. Its great to have a center with some athleticism and can catch the ball.

Caron Butler is starting to play like Josh was expected to play all season. This puts the Mavs right up there with Denver as the 2nd best team in the West.

Bringing this post back from the dead, thanks guys.

I didn't get to watch the game, but I'll catch the replay later.

I'll hold back judgment, but I won't hide the fact that I LOVE Caron and Haywood and what they bring.

Great 4th quarter tonight, especially given that Dirk struggled some...

Rest of the game was kinda MEH, but the 4th was impressive.. Loving Caron and Haywood so far...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Great 4th quarter tonight, especially given that Dirk struggled some...

Rest of the game was kinda MEH, but the 4th was impressive.. Loving Caron and Haywood so far...
Are you still under the impression that Caron and Josh are a wash?
nerd.gif

And Haywood has been nothing short of phenomenal.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I'll hold back judgment, but I won't hide the fact that I LOVE Caron and Haywood and what they bring.
This team got me drinking the kool-aid. I love this trade and it makes me excited about this team. Im anxious to see how it all gels and how they are playing come playoff time.

I just hope they can get Damp healthy and avoid more injuries.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

This team got me drinking the kool-aid. I love this trade and it makes me excited about this team. Im anxious to see how it all gels and how they are playing come playoff time.

I just hope they can get Damp healthy and avoid more injuries.
You have a ton of guys who are really passionate about playing deep in the Playoffs.

JET. Kidd. Dirk. Caron. Marion. Haywood.

We're all excited, but we need to finish top 3 IMO.

nerd.gif
I'm of the opinion that when Josh is right, there's not a hell of a lot of difference... But Josh obviously wasn't right here and wasn't going to get right here... It's a serious upgrade because Caron is what the Mavs thought they had in Josh before he apparently lost his mind, not because Caron is a substantial talent upgrade...

Haywood looks like a great get, though...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

nerd.gif
I'm of the opinion that when Josh is right, there's not a hell of a lot of difference... But Josh obviously wasn't right here and wasn't going to get right here... It's a serious upgrade because Caron is what the Mavs thought they had in Josh before he apparently lost his mind, not because Caron is a substantial talent upgrade...

Haywood looks like a great get, though...
I see where you're coming from now..

I really appreciate what Josh did for us early on, him and Quis seemed to be the future. It's a shame that we couldn't keep those kids together with Devin and develop them. But it's alright, we've moved on. It seems that Josh was never the same Josh we saw after the whole smoking pot controversey, then the national anthem, and then being hungover?

I don't know, it's all a bit much, and we all agree it was needed to move him, and I'm glad we got great talent back in return. We could have gotten diddly squat, but we turned around and made a great deal. What I like about this deal is that Caron and Haywood are seasoned vets that we always wanted, but not in the sense of an Eddie Jones or Devean George.

These are guys who are at the peaks of their careers, who realize their window will close sooner than it will open again, and they are going to take advantage and do what they can.

Josh was never going to be the same again on this team, and I wish him the best, but Caron and Haywood are damn studs.

I can't wait until Kidd starts gelling with these guys come playoff time. Haywood will look so damn good next to Kidd, he'd be dumb to go elsewhere unless he signs with a Phoenix or New Orleans, because Kidd will make him look like a legit all-star.

Remember what Mikki Moore looked like with Kidd? That ain't the same Kidd, but he's still making mediocre offensive Centers look like legit low-post threats.

I'm a little sketch on how Caron and Kidd will do, but we'll just have to wait and see. I'm not worried about the open floor, that's fine. I guess we won't need to worry since once we're in our offense, the ball is going through Dirk or JET anyways.

I'm very pleased with this trade. Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood are great additions to the team, but do you guys really think this makes us serious contenders? A majority of people won't take the Mavs serious, but I'd love to prove them wrong in the Playoffs this season. I just want Dirk and Kidd to win a chip before they retire.
frown.gif

I live in Houston, so I have to hear people all day talking down on the Mavs and believe me, sometimes I want to slap the hell out of them. I can't believe they think the Rockets are better than the Mavs, but that's a different story.

Nonetheless, I'm glad we didn't trade JJ Barea or Jason Terry. I love them dudes.
pimp.gif

I just wish we still had Brandon Bass. Dude was money off the bench.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

I'm very pleased with this trade. Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood are great additions to the team, but do you guys really think this makes us serious contenders? A majority of people won't take the Mavs serious, but I'd love to prove them wrong in the Playoffs this season. I just want Dirk and Kidd to win a chip before they retire.
frown.gif

I live in Houston, so I have to hear people all day talking down on the Mavs and believe me, sometimes I want to slap the hell out of them. I can't believe they think the Rockets are better than the Mavs, but that's a different story.

Nonetheless, I'm glad we didn't trade JJ Barea or Jason Terry. I love them dudes.
pimp.gif

I just wish we still had Brandon Bass. Dude was money off the bench.
frown.gif
What the hell.

laugh.gif

We will never be considered contenders with this team we have right now unless we go on a 15+ win streak.

Even then, I don't think anyone will say anyone is a threat to the Lakers.

laugh.gif
I used to hate JJ Barea, but he proved me wrong. And Jason Terry? Enough said.

I mean, if we would have traded them and got something better I wouldn't have been mad.
laugh.gif

Yeah, I still cry at night over the Finals against D-Whistle and the Heat. Hell, I even cry over the Warriors series and Game 3 last year against the Nuggets.
frown.gif

Nobody gives the Mavs props.
smh.gif

I like Eddie and all, but this cat should not be getting any PT.

Give me Tim Thomas over this dude.

We need to grab someone quick, Najera getting anywhere NEAR 10 minutes a game is a problem.

I dont think the Mavs are up there with the Lakers, but I do think they are right there with Denver, Utah, and the rest of the top teams in the West. All Dallas needs to do is secure a top spot for the playoffs to avoid getting L.A. until the Western Conference Finals. If you can make it there, anything can happen. What if the Lakers are worn down from a hard series? What if Kobe sprains his ankle?

There are so many factors that can still happen that you have to keep playing and trying to improve your team. I dont think many people had Orlando beating Cleveland in the playoffs last year, but they did it. You just need a punchers chance, thats it.

smh.gif
I'm going to miss the game tonight against Miami.

I hope we do well and stay on track! I hate Miami with a passion..

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

laugh.gif
I used to hate JJ Barea, but he proved me wrong. And Jason Terry? Enough said.

I mean, if we would have traded them and got something better I wouldn't have been mad.
laugh.gif

Yeah, I still cry at night over the Finals against D-Whistle and the Heat. Hell, I even cry over the Warriors series and Game 3 last year against the Nuggets.
frown.gif

Nobody gives the Mavs props.
smh.gif

You and me both man
smh.gif
. Also, its nice to see a mavs center actually dunk the +#!$$#% ball when they get it in the paint.

They need to stop messing around and sign another big man to a 10 day contract now while Dampier is still out. And then if they want to wait on the buyouts and see who is available, they can do that but at least have another healthy body in the lineup for now. Plus, either play Terry at PG more often, Beaubois or Stevenson or sign McCants/Wafer because they have to start limiting Kidd's minutes before he gets worn out. We have to get him to below 35 minutes a game to keep him fresh for the playoffs. Same with Dirk as well so hopefully we get Gooden back.

I think Dirk will be fine, and I already see RC trying to limit Dirk's minutes.

Kidd, I can see that.. I'd even give JJB some more PT, in games that we blow people out, I don't want to see Kidd playing more than 30 minutes.

With Dampier out ~ a month, I agree that we need to sign someone for some 10-day contracts, or find a vet who can give us 5-10 minutes a game, because Najera won't cut it.

Jason Kidd has been lights out since the All Star Break. His stat line tonight: 21 pts, 11 assists, 1 turnover, 5 rebounds, 3 steals
sick.gif
We need to get him some backup help or else he's not gonna make it to April

Back
Top Bottom