Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

Turning point was when the Mavs went to that zone.  They had Kidd playing on the block, but they forced the Hawks to only jump shots.

Good comeback win for the Mavs on the road.

Dirk running that fast break
pimp.gif

Gotta give props to Carlisle tonight. The zone + Barea and Terry lineup paid off tonight. BUT, Carlisle has to realize that he can't trot out these guys together in the back court every game.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

God I hate Barea but he got clamps on JJ late in this game.
More like JJ put the clamps on himself. Doing all that nonsense that was NOT leading to a better attempt. Instead of using his size and strength advantage to get a bucket, he decided to be douche.
This Dallas team is really exciting, since the trade a haven't seen a bad game(I've only seen the nationally televised games).

Where was Caron and how much do you Dallas fans love Brendan? Dude is really playing well.

Is it just me or are ATL games always emotional? Seems like every time I watch a game it's intense whether it be between players or with the crowd.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

lol
You are a homer sir.
laugh.gif
....and a damn big one at that. I don't know if I've ever seen you chime in on anything other than to rebute someone downgrading the Lakers or someone saying they think their team can play with anybody.

Gotta feel bad for the Lakers fan base on NT knowing they gotta deal with your antics.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by NobleKane

lol
You are a homer sir.
laugh.gif
....and a damn big one at that. I don't know if I've ever seen you chime in on anything other than to rebute someone downgrading the Lakers or someone saying they think their team can play with anybody.

Gotta feel bad for the Lakers fan base on NT knowing they gotta deal with your antics.
smh.gif

o rly?

so what he said doesnt make him a homer right? RIGHT?

Thought so.

truth hurts

and yes...............U mad
laugh.gif

Mad isn't the word....it's just irritating to see your annoying posts in every single NBA thread on here as of late defending the Lakers at any cost.
sick.gif

Who cares if he had one, single homer-istic comment? Last time I checked this is the MAVERICKS thread for $%!*% sake
smh.gif
...let the dude post what he wants in here.

Admit it, the only reason you entered this thread was to see if anybody said anything that you deem outlandish recently because you were running short on your quota of defending the Lake Show and all their eternal glory. Sir, you've probably daydreamed about Kobe 30,000 times and he has no idea you even exist
laugh.gif
....stop defending the Lakers like your on the team or some %#%$. It's sickening
roll.gif

Mad? Nah...I just think you're hilariously inept at anything but cheering on your Lakers. Which is why that's the only place anybody sees you.

Keep it up though. 
laugh.gif
....we're all entertained but probably not for the reasons you are hoping for.

Mad isn't the word....it's just irritating to see your annoying posts in every single NBA thread on here as of late defending the Lakers at any cost.
sick.gif
ummm i stopped reading right here. are you +!$%@#! serious? do you have me confused with someone else?

WOW

You're the only NobleKane on here.

And we both know you didn't stop reading
laugh.gif

You're the only NobleKane on here.

And we both know you didn't stop reading
laugh.gif

yes i did. makes it much sweeter that you typed all that for nothing
pimp.gif

and since i see i must have did something in the past to highly upset you, im making YOU president of my fan club though so congrats to you
happy.gif

AHHH the old and very overused "You don't like with what I'm doing so that means I'm doing something right" bit! Real original there.

I see that when you step outside your normal Laker cheerleading posts you're like a lost puppy. On second thought, maybe you should just stay to what you know. Or at least what you think you know.

Get the hell out of here you two.
laugh.gif

And no, we only get better when Dampier comes back. You're a moron if you think otherwise, because we have EDUARDO NAJERA as our back-up C right now.
sick.gif
smh.gif

I left at overtime to go to work and then I see that we win in OT and Kidd goes off?!

smh.gif

KidDirk.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by axel f0ley

anyone think the winning streak has anything to do with dampier not playing?
The Mavs need Damp, but I do think he has lot his starting job. At least he should if Carlisle is smart.

I think Dampier is the best second string center in the NBA. It will be great to have another 7 footer come in when Haywood needs a rest or gets in foul trouble. With Damp and Tim Thomas being out, that limits the Mavs size on the bench tremendously. I think when this full team is healthy with Butler, Dampier, and Tim Thomas back, Dallas is VERY dangerous. Especially if Jason Kidd continues to ball out of control.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

The Mavs need Damp, but I do think he has lot his starting job. At least he should if Carlisle is smart.

I think Dampier is the best second string center in the NBA. It will be great to have another 7 footer come in when Haywood needs a rest or gets in foul trouble. With Damp and Tim Thomas being out, that limits the Mavs size on the bench tremendously. I think when this full team is healthy with Butler, Dampier, and Tim Thomas back, Dallas is VERY dangerous. Especially if Jason Kidd continues to ball out of control.
Tim had a few good games early in the season, hitting shots, playing hard.

But I don't know if I'd have him in our normal 8-9 guy rotation.

Our starters, JET, Stevenson, Barea, Dampier. That's not mentioning any Bobo or Najera.

I agree, Haywood start. I just hope Dampier can actually be a spark off the bench and play well, because if Haywood sits, that'll probably mean Kidd will sit too, which is bad news because Dampier works only best with Kidd.

If the Mavericks play like this for the next 3-4 years, Jason Kidd will play until he's 50.
roll.gif

Thanks Sacramento, Mavs 3rd in the West now.
pimp.gif

Still got a few games to overcome Denver.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Tim had a few good games early in the season, hitting shots, playing hard.

But I don't know if I'd have him in our normal 8-9 guy rotation.
Oh, I agree. I dont want Tim Thomas getting heavy minutes for this team, but he does provide size and 6 fouls off the bench with the ability to knock down shots. The Mavs need someone to back up Dirk, that is why I really wanted Gooden back. Im not a big fan of Najera. It just makes it tough when outside of Najera, Matt Carroll is the tallest guy on the bench right now.

If I had it my way, J.J. Barea wouldnt even be in the rotation. It would be Jet, Damp, Stevenson, and just a few minutes for Najera and Roddy.

It's even worse when Najera shoots the ball, it's pretty much a wasted possession. I can respect his hustle and attempted defense but he should not be taking any shots unless they are layups. It's too bad Sean Williams is a head case, I think he would be the perfect backup PF that's available for us. We just need a PF/C who can run the floor and can jump out of the building. Marion is too unpredictable with his floaters and layups. The best option right now is Mikki Moore but he is recovering from a foot injury so I don't know how healthy he is.

I hope this Caron Butler "injury" isn't too serious. It always starts off like this then it get worse later

after watching the last few wins, the mavs' movement offensively has been so fluid. and kidd has been running free.

i just think when dampier is playing the mavs are more of a half-court team with lots of predictable isolation plays.

but i do see that the mavs are laking a significant presence inside without him.

i went to the game against the hawks. we started off strong then gave the game away. but we didnt quit i cant wait until we are a full strength. it will be scary

pimp.gif
at that win for us last night . . great game, caught most of it at work.

jkidd is still a problem this late in his career . . that boy went off!

i was
roll.gif
everytime joe johnson would body jj barea & never get called for the offensive . . but joe had cuffs put on him by that ****** late in the game
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom