Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

http://angrytrey.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-does-mavs-win-streak-stack-up.html

[h3]http://angrytrey.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-does-mavs-win-streak-stack-up.html[/h3]
[h3]How Does the Mavs Win Streak Stack Up?[/h3]
Therehave been seven winning streaks of at least eight games or more in theNBA this season including the Mavs current eight game streak. Dallashas beaten some quality opponents during this tear through the league,so I wanted to see how it compared to the others. Here is what I found…

Cleveland Cavaliers- Longest winning streak: 13 games

Jan 16- Feb. 11: @LAC, v. TOR, v. LAL, v. OKC, @MIA, v. MIN, @IND, v. LAC, v. MEM, v. MIA, v. NYK, v. NJ, v. ORL

Home Games- 10

Road Games- 3

# of games against potential playoff teams: 6

Outscored opponents: 1,351- 1,219 (+132)

Combined opponent’s records: (348-426)

Boston Celtics- Longest winning streak: 11 games

Nov. 22- Dec 24: @NYK, v. Sixers, v. Raptors, @MIA, @ CHAR, @ San Antonio, @ OKC, v. MIL, @WASH, @ CHI, @MEM

Home Games- 3

Road Games- 8

Outscored opponents: 1,149- 1,039 (+110)

Combined opponent’s records: (311-336)

Los Angeles Lakers- Longest winning streak: 11 games

Nov. 17- Dec. 11: v. DET, v. CHI, v. OKC, v. NYK, @GSTATE, v. NJ, v. NO, v. MIA, v. PHX, v. UTH, v. MINN

Home Games- 10

Road Games- 1

# of games against potential playoff teams 5

Outscored opponents 1,182- 1,008 (+174)

Combined opponent’s records: (279-376)

Utah Jazz- Longest winning streak: 9 games

Jan. 20- Feb. 9: @ SAN, v. NJ, v. PHX, @ PORT, v. SAC, v. DAL, v. PORT, v. DEN, @LAC

Home Games- 6

Road Games- 3

Outscored opponents: 999-887 (+112)

Combined opponent’s records: (272-270)

Oklahoma City Thunder- Longest winning streak: 9 games

Jan. 29- Feb. 21: v. DEN, v. GSTATE, v. ATL, @ NO, @ GSTATE, @PORT, v. DAL, @NYK, @ MINN

Home Games- 4

Road Games- 5

# of games against potential playoff teams 4

Outscored opponents: 944-869 (+75)

Combined opponent’s records: (252-287)

Denver Nuggets- Longest winning streak: 8 games

Jan. 11- Jan. 27: v. MIN, v. ORL, v. UTH, @ GSTATE, v. LAC, v. NO, v. CHAR, @ HOU

Home Games- 6

Away Games- 2

# of games against potential playoff teams: 4

Outscored opponents 884-801 (+83)

Combined opponent’s records: (223-253)

Dallas Mavericks- Winning streak currently: 8 games

Feb. 17- still going v. PHX, @ ORL, v. MIA, v. IND, v. LAL, @ ATL, v. NO, @ CHAR

Home Games- 5

Road Games- 3

# of games against potential playoff teams 6

Outscored opponents 799-738 (+61)

Combined opponent’s records: (269-210)

(Potential playoff teams= top 9 teams in standings of each conference, all records and scores as of 03/01/10)

WhenI look at the statistics, it is quite apparent that the Mavs and Jazzhave beaten the most quality opponents during their streaks. Dallas andUtah both beat six potential playoff teams and their opponents combinedrecord is over .500. The Celtics win streak is impressive when you takein to account the number of road wins and number of potential playoffteams they took down.

TheLakers and Cavs also had very good winning streaks but a lot of theirgames came at home where most people would expect them to win.

I’mnot trying to demean any of these teams winning streaks because winningthat many games in a row in the NBA is not something that is easy todo. I just wanted to point out how great this winning streak has beenfor the Mavs. They have beaten some very good opponents in the past twoweeks and this team could be on the path to something special. Theirschedule is very favorable coming up with six of their next eightcoming at home against subpar opponents. It will be interesting to seehow long the Mavs can stretch this thing out.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

2nd in the West?

Yessir.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

We lose three games TOPS the rest of the season.

Tim Thomas not expected back this season, he's taking care of his wife.

Wish him the best, he was fine while he was here, and more than welcome next year.

"I guess thisseason just wasn't meant to be for me," Thomas said. "But I believeeverything happens for a reason. I've been working out as much as Ican, but as of now, I've got to be here for my wife and kids.

"I miss being with the guys, but some things are more important. I hopethey can win a championship and I can help them celebrate it."

"Right now, mywife has to be my priority," Thomas said while talking publicly Mondayabout the situation for the first time. "The Mavs have been tremendousthrough this whole thing. They've allowed me to do what I have to do."

Best wishes Tim!

Lakers fan here.

Dallas has quite a team, i had no idea how deep they were.

Lotta talk about the nuggets, but im more concerned about Dirk & co.

whats the story behind tim thomas ? like i said if they go on to win the chip rub it in my face.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Tim Thomas not expected back this season, he's taking care of his wife.

Wish him the best, he was fine while he was here, and more than welcome next year.

"I guess thisseason just wasn't meant to be for me," Thomas said. "But I believeeverything happens for a reason. I've been working out as much as Ican, but as of now, I've got to be here for my wife and kids.

"I miss being with the guys, but some things are more important. I hopethey can win a championship and I can help them celebrate it."
"Right now, mywife has to be my priority," Thomas said while talking publicly Mondayabout the situation for the first time. "The Mavs have been tremendousthrough this whole thing. They've allowed me to do what I have to do."

Best wishes Tim!

This.

I appreciated Tim dropping 23 points against the Rockets on November 25th. I went to that game with a bunch of my friends that were Rockets fans.
laugh.gif

By the way.. is anyone interested in buying a Adidas NBA Josh Howard Away Jersey? It's VNDS and a Large. I also have a throwback Nike Michael Finley Mavericks Jersey, it's VNDS and a Medium.

I'm letting the J-Ho Jersey go for $30 shipped and the Finley Jersey go for $30 shipped, but $50 for both. Get at me M.F.F.L.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

how is this game even close??
Cause J. Kidd isnt playing which means J.J. Barea gets more minutes which is never a good thing. Plus, the Mavs have struggled with Minnesota all season.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Why does JJ Barea continue to get minutes
Why does JJ Barea continue to get minutes?
I feel like it can't be said enough...

PLAY THE KID. Roddy B is a god damn machine.
pimp.gif

The kid doesn't give up.
pimp.gif

Good win tonight, it SHOULDN'T have been close, but it was, and we pulled it out with out our floor-general.

Good win, onto Sacramento.

Nine.

Back
Top Bottom