Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

Foye has looked goddamn amazing.
smh.gif

if the Wizards stay healthy they will be solid. Mavs need help downlow and need to get more balanced scoring attack. Dirk needs to start going to the hole aswell as Marion.

Well we obviously lost, Jason Terry was VERY flat. Quinton ROss was VERY efficient out there, I don't care if he only scored 2 points, our defense wassignificantly better with him out there. Gooden wasn't very good. Marion was pretty good, lots of offensive boards and lots of blocks. Speaking of blocks,9 for the Mavericks, very uncharacteristic, but very nice to see. Dirk just didn't have the help tonight. Would have liked to see JET play a little less,even though he got 12 points, it was an ugly and very inefficient 12 points. Shooting 25% won't cut it. We needed some more wing players out there, likeRoss, but he wasn't given enough time. Barea was decent, but he made some VERY foolish turnovers when the game was close, and seemed like when we wereclosing in on them, Barea turned it over, or JET took an ill-advised jumper. I hate to say it but we need Josh, or we need a ton more Ross/Humphries. Just alot missing tonight from the Mavericks. As for the Wizards, they looked PHENOMENAL on offense. Blatche and Foye really put forth a great effort, fought forloose balls, shot well, hustled, played well, we didn't, we lost. Arenas was nice obviously, but I was never doubting he'd be great again.

Onto Friday.

Eh, wake me up when the Mavs trade Dampier/Gooden for a real low-post threat or a slasher. That's the piece (a very big piece) they are still missing.I'm just not a fan of this fast-break offensive style. It's either fast-break or bust for the Mavs offense but if you can't get any stops then thatwhole concept is useless. It's just not a championship basketball style. You gotta play strong D (something the Mavs have never been known for) and haveinside scoring to win championships. Right now, there's nothing different we're doing from playing the way Don Nelson used to have them play except nowthere's some slightly better athletes.

mad.gif
Getting Gortat would have changed things around here. Orlando had tomatch him
smh.gif

Typical hot-and-cold Jason Terry... Continuing to rely on dude as our second scorer is mind-boggling...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Typical hot-and-cold Jason Terry... Continuing to rely on dude as our second scorer is mind-boggling...
He'll be our 3rd/4th once Josh is back.

Marion is second, I'm confident of that.

I really liked what I saw from Ross, he's long, he stayed on his man, and whoever he was guarding had a hard time getting their shot off. Then once theydid, he went straight for the rebound, he hustled, I liked what I saw.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

1-0 baby
pimp.gif

Gilbert lookin strong again
pimp.gif

Foye with a jumper now
eek.gif
pimp.gif
From what I saw (blurry stream online), Foye was hittinga lot of his mid range jumpers. Very good to see. Caron was
grin.gif
tonight. Dude was just getting blocked left and right. Oh well, it's just the first game. I'm pretty sure Blatche can't produce like that consistently,but it seems as if Foye is the real deal. We're unbeaten!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

1-0 baby
pimp.gif

Gilbert lookin strong again
pimp.gif

Foye with a jumper now
eek.gif
pimp.gif
From what I saw (blurry stream online), Foye was hitting a lot of his mid range jumpers. Very good to see. Caron was
grin.gif
tonight. Dude was just getting blocked left and right. Oh well, it's just the first game. I'm pretty sure Blatche can't produce like that consistently, but it seems as if Foye is the real deal. We're unbeaten!
laugh.gif
He got Marion back NASTY.

Dude went up for his shot and straight shoved it back in his face.

Excuse me, I didn't mean our second option on offense, as our go-to guy, but the guy who will get buckets for us, someone who we won't need to run alot of plays for.

Oh yeah I saw that lol. The Dallas announcers sounded embarrassed for him, too. But, it's good to see the Matrix producing for a potential contender again.

Imagine Antawn Jamison back with this squad...im not saying their a title contender, but i think they'll be this season's Chicago Bulls in theplayoffs.

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Imagine Antawn Jamison back with this squad...im not saying their a title contender, but i think they'll be this season's Chicago Bulls in the playoffs.
dont compare us to those bums
laugh.gif

HAHA to all you gilbert haters

Always the optimist JA.

Obviously it's just one game but just seeing these guys shooting all these jumpers and playing %#@$%! D as usual is just awful. I understand Cuban wantingto make the most of Nowitzki's prime, but the guys we have now just don't make up a championship team. Having Marion is good, but he didn't addresswhat we needed and Gooden only takes jumpers.

I find it so much worse watching this mess than if we had blown the team up and won 8 games all season.

The whole thing just screams 'Grasping at straws'. The Mavs won't go deep in the playoffs again, and we all know it - so what's the point.Until we get a non-injury prone/******ed 2nd Option and have grittier players and a more aggressive team philosophy, we're going no where
ohwell.gif

our defense sucked. our rotating defense yucky.

who ever JET was "guarding" at the time, seemed like they never missed.

Overreacting after one game, when a very impactful player is out.

I'm waiting to pass judgment on a losing team once we're all healthy. If Josh can't get healthy in a couple weeks and we're doing very poorly,I'll worry.

Remember, 2-7 last year turned into a still 50 win season.

damn.. no disrespect ot OP, btu after reading thru the last 2 pages of this thread, you'd think it was a wiz thread. good to see wiz/gil fans come out thewoodworks. we needed yall last season too. haha. lets go wiz show.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Overreacting after one game, when a very impactful player is out.

I'm waiting to pass judgment on a losing team once we're all healthy. If Josh can't get healthy in a couple weeks and we're doing very poorly, I'll worry.

Remember, 2-7 last year turned into a still 50 win season.

What I meant more was that i'd rather have a 9 win season than a 50 Win, 2nd Round Exit season. I just don't think we've got what it takes to matchup with the Spurs, Lakers, Celts, Cavs or Magic, so rather than be slightly better than mediocre i'd rather suck and be elite again in a few years.

Anyway, roster's set so I guess we'll have to make the most of it

Back
Top Bottom