Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

Outside of JJ and Dirk, there is still no one who can create their own shot off the dribble and it not be a jumper.

That's all JET and Josh do now, is shoot jumpers.

--The Mavericks got a hella of squad put together. Nonetheless, they always give the Lakers fits.
--See y'all Friday...GO LAKERS!!

Dirk still doing what he does
pimp.gif

Hopefully the Mavs get it on Friday.

Originally Posted by 35KD

pimp.gif
Dating back to the last season,Nowitzki has now scored 20+ points in 26 consecutive regular season games - the longest such streak in the NBA

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

pimp.gif
Dating back to the last season, Nowitzki has now scored 20+ points in 26 consecutive regular season games - the longest such streak in the NBA
So did you plagiarize him, o did he plagiarize you?
laugh.gif
:tongue:

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

pimp.gif
Dating back to the last season, Nowitzki has now scored 20+ points in 26 consecutive regular season games - the longest such streak in the NBA
So did you plagiarize him, o did he plagiarize you?
laugh.gif
:tongue:
I was just posting it up, it comes in the game notes that the team sends out after the games.

• TONIGHT'S KEY RUN: Washington led 77-76 with 11:25 to go in the 4[sup]th[/sup] quarter. The Wizards then went on a 10-1 run to extend their lead to 87-77 with 6:06 to play.

NOTES
  • Dirk Nowitzki scored a game-high 34 points (10-25 FGs, 2-5 3FGs, 12-13 FTs) in 39 minutes. Dating back to the last season, Nowitzki has now scored 20+ points in 26 consecutive regular season games - the longest such streak in the NBA. His longest personal streak of games with 20+ points is 31 (last 28 of '05-06, first 3 of '06-07).
  • Nowitzki added a team-high 9 rebounds and 2 blocks. He hit 3-12 FGs (.250) in the 1[sup]st[/sup] half but then went 7-13 FGs (.538) in the 2[sup]nd[/sup] half.
  • In his Mavericks regular season debut, Shawn Marion was the other Maverick starter to score in double figures. He finished with 16 points (6-12 FGs, 4-5 FTs) and 7 rebounds in 36 minutes. Marion scored 10 of his points in the 2[sup]nd[/sup] half.
  • As a team, the Mavericks blocked 9 shots (game-high 3 by Marion). During the preseason, the most shots the team blocked was 8 at CLE (10/20).
  • Gilbert Arenas led the Wizards with 20 points (10-21 FGs, 1-4 3FGs, 8-9 FTs) and a game-high 9 assists in 38 minutes.
  • The teams combined to commit just 20 turnovers (10 each). Last season, Dallas recorded 22 games with less than 10 turnovers. In the preseason, the Mavs averaged 15.4 turnovers per game.
  • Dallas is 17-13 in season openers, 18-12 in home openers and 6-3 in home openers at American Airlines Center.
  • Tonight's attendance was 19,871 fans (19,200 capacity). The Mavs have sold out 318 consecutive regular season games at AAC. Dallas currently owns the longest running sellout streak in the NBA. Dallas has sold out all 41 games in each of the past seven seasons.
    pimp.gif

Oh really? I saw it over on DB.com's article earlier and was just curious if that's where you sourced it from, but I see you have a much better source.:tongue:

Yeah, I mean it comes from the same stuff. Fisher at DB.com gets the same emails I do.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Shawn Marion might have been the best free agent acquisition this summer
In this situation, it's VERY underrated.

If we had Jason Terry as our PG back in 2006 or whatever, it's just so-so, but since we have Jason frickin' Kidd with Shawn Marion, I BUY BUY BUY.

I've been saying all summer, Kidd+Marion will help us stay relevant.

If Shawn can play like he did tonight every night, he'll be worth every penny they gave him...

Mavs looked like they were playin with some urgency tonight... If this team wants to play and compete with the Lakers and Spurs, it's this kinda effortEVERY SINGLE NIGHT... You cannot come out flat and play like they did against Washington...

Love the idea of trading for a natural shooting guard and just pushing Dirk, Trix and Howard down a position... Get out and run. Put your two biggestoff-season acquisitions in the best position possible to succeed...

And most nights, they can get away with playing Dirk at center...

If we win tomorrow, then we can start having some confidence in this team.

Good news, Howard apparently looks like there's nothing wrong with him, and Bucher says he should be back next week.

Great news, great great news. I can't wait to see us at full strength.

I really like what I see from Ross. He seems like a very efficient basketball player. He works very hard on defense, and although he isn't great onoffense, he's still very polished in his decision making, if he's not open, he's not taking a shot, and he can pass the rock well. He's adecent shooter, and he won't take them if he doesn't feel like he might miss.

Dampier has played very decently the past few games. He guards the paint very well, and he always goes up for offensive boards, hell I'll take his 10boards and 8 points, good enough for me. He's starting to take some ugly looking jumpers, it's not too pretty, but whatever.

Shawn Marion simply allows us to get TONS of easy baskets, something we had been missing since God knows when. The guy takes shots from 12 feet in all game.Dude literally had like 6-8 points in the first just off really easy buckets. Shawn was great guarding Artest as well, got him out of his comfort zone, and itdisturbed dude to no end.

Defense has been inconsistent at times, but still not bad.

I am not worried about Kidd at all when the opposing team doesn't have a damn quick guard to worry about. Arenas and Foye gave us fits last game, butFisher is old and Kobe is manageable. His passing is a LITTLE off, he's throwing some passes like they're meant for Amare to Dampier, but it'salright, he'll be fine.

Gooden has been QUITE the disappointment, but it's a long season, we'll see.

I'm still shaky on JJ, he's playing a little too wreckless for my taste. He's a good shooter, but that's what he should stick to, him runningthe offense makes me cringe. I mean neither him nor JET are great, but still, he's just too damn wreckless. He can drive it up the court, sure, but justpass it to Kidd. It BLOWS MY MIND when Kidd and Barea are on the court together, and Barea is the one controlling the ball.

Overall team rebounding has been very nice. Dampier backtapping shots is fine with me as long as they go to the Mavs. Dallas has been playing the passing lanesvery well, getting their hands out there, poking the ball away, contesting shots, and I like it. We're also playing a lot more in the paint, and it paysoff.

Kris Humphries is real nice, I'm fine with losing Bass now that we have this kid. He puts forth the same effort, I hear he stays in the gym late, he'swilling to get inside, but he can take the outside shot. He's long, he's athletic, he just needs to make sure he stays on the inside a little more, andnot just taking jumpshots. He needs to be aware of where he is on the court on offense because Kidd will try to set him up at any moment possible. Humph fightson the inside and that's what I love. He's just big enough to stay on the floor.

Dirk has been playing a LOT better on defense, staying the post, using that length to contest shots, and he's getting some blocked shots, he's guardinghis man, making it tough for him. Dirk LOOOVED seeing his team dominate this game, it should do wonders for his confidence. He played good face up defenseagainst Odom, though neither guy shot well.

JET was a little better tonight, but still need him to step up his productivity. He's running the break much better with Marion, he realizes how easy it iswhen you have an athlete like Marion running on the break with him, just throw it up above the defender, let your wing catch it and throw it down, ahh theluxury of having an athletic wing. JET is actually a little better not only passing but also defending. He's hitting them when we need him to though, whenwe're building a lead, which is nice.

What the hell was up with the Lakers bench, they didn't even care that they were losing, they were cracking jokes on the bench over there. Odom sure wasmouthy tonight, just doesn't seem natural, must be on that Khloe high.
smh.gif

I didn't get to catch tonight's game, hopefully it'll replay later, but just from stats and whatnot, Damp/Marion/Kidd/Dirk all seemed to play verywell.

Quietly, Damp is balling so far this year.

He caught an oop and I had to rewind it because I couldn't believe it was him moving that fluently.

Drew Gooden is hot garbage juice residue.

Bass was a favorite of mine but this Humphires cat is replacing him, quick.

I still don't like small ball though.

Shawn Marion is going to be the best off season pick up by far.

Hell, he wants more money after this year. He wants to have a job next year. I'll all for it, if he can get 10/10 I'd be MORE than pleased. I'd beenthused.

You're not alone, I'd rather have Howard be out there than Barea 10 times out of 10, give me someone who won't be a huge liability on defense whenwe have Kidd out there, makes zero sense to me.

But Carlisle is saying, if it gives them an advantage overall, he's sticking with it.

Marion will do wonders for this team, show them how to get baskets.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Bass was a favorite of mine but this Humphires cat is replacing him, quick.
Humphries is as good or better than Bass. Humphries can shoot just as well as Bass could, but also has better size and plays better D againstbigger guys because he isnt so undersized like Bass was. I liked Bass also, but he will not be missed.

Mavs start ANOTHER double-header tomorrow against the Jazz at home, then have another game Wednesday, @ New Orleans.

This early schedule is packed.
smh.gif

Mavs have a RIDICULOUS amount of double-headers this month. FIVE double headers after just having one Fri/Sat to end the month.
smh.gif
The week of Thanksgiving isridiculous, four games in five nights. Luckily all but the Cavs should be in our favor.

Nice little homestand to show something against a couple of teams that most MSM folks have the Mavs bunched up with...

Back
Top Bottom