Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

Originally Posted by axel f0ley

so between the lakers and the mavericks, who owns the tie-breaker?

I believe its the Lakers because of confrence record. I know the Lakers currently own the tie  breaker over the Mavs.

Originally Posted by axel f0ley

so between the lakers and the mavericks, who owns the tie-breaker?

I believe its the Lakers because of confrence record. I know the Lakers currently own the tie  breaker over the Mavs.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I know he had a great game, but it still boggles my mind how many gimme's Matrix misses.

I agree, I wish he would put more of those away, but Im not complaining. I think he does the small things the Mavs need. They dont run plays for him and he gets all his points from getting himself open. He rebounds solid, and is the Mavs best one-on-one defender. In his last 7 games he has been averaging 15 points and 7 rebounds. That is exactly what they need from him.

12 In a row
pimp.gif

They might as well puy #13 since we got the nets next
laugh.gif

Even with a healthy bench, it's not going to be enough firepower during may and june.

im just sayin'

Originally Posted by BangDak

Even with a healthy bench, it's not going to be enough firepower during may and june.
Terry, Dampier, Beaubois, Stevenson and Barea?

Sure, you'd like another big, but Dirk and Kidd are playing 40+ minutes a night once the playoffs roll around, and Butler, Terry and Marion will all be right around or north of 30 a night... Do whatever combination of minutes for Damp and Haywood... Sprinkle in Barea and Roddy as needed... How's that not enough depth?

the bench when healthy is great, imo. maybe not the best, but jason terry is exceptional in the 4th quarter.  and we'll also have one solid big man coming off the bench this time, either dampier or haywood.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Terry, Dampier, Beaubois, Stevenson and Barea?

Sure, you'd like another big, but Dirk and Kidd are playing 40+ minutes a night once the playoffs roll around, and Butler, Terry and Marion will all be right around or north of 30 a night... Do whatever combination of minutes for Damp and Haywood... Sprinkle in Barea and Roddy as needed... How's that not enough depth?
Co-sign. Its not like teams have deep rotations in the playoffs. Most go 8 men deep at the most.

I will admit this.

Who is going to be on the floor in the 4th during crunch time?

JET or Marion?

That is one potential decision that could dramatically impact things.

JET is one of the top 4 scorers in the league in the 4th but if we play a team like the Lakers or Denver we need the Matrix on the floor to harass Kobe and Melo.

I must admit that question is what concerns me most about our playoff chances.

whoever is playing the best at that position at that particular time should play a factor.

in the 4th, i still trust terry clutchness over butler's, so i'm taking butler out and marion is my main perimeter defender.

Honestly, I could see it most likely being one of two options.

Either go with the original starting 5 in Kidd, Butler, Marion, Dirk and Haywood

or

You go a little smaller but with more offense and put in Kidd, Jet, Butler, Marion, and Dirk

^Why?!

Besides JET, none of them are really reliable scorers and cant really carry a team when Dirk and Kidd needs breathers. You cant honestly push dirk and kidd 40mpg. These guys are getting old.

And the lack of dept at the 5, is
sick.gif

I cringe everytime Dampier is on the floor, and im not even a mavs fan.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

The league has banned Deshawn from wearing the 31 band.
Seriously? Why? Where did you hear that?

That is absolutely stupid

sick.gif

Why the hell do you keep coming in here.
laugh.gif

Depth at the five? Really?

Haywood is fine, and Dampier is a GREAT back-up.

Dampier has had a great year, cringe all you want.

Mavs should have Dampier and Haywood back tonight. No J.J. Barea

Besides JET, none of them are really reliable scorers and cant really carry a team when Dirk and Kidd needs breathers. You cant honestly push dirk and kidd 40mpg. These guys are getting old.

sick.gif

Bro, I don't know what you're talking about right now...

Who, aside from JET needs to be a reliable scorer? How many sixth men in this league are better than JET? One, maybe two? And I don't even like dude... How many benches in this league have more than one real legitimate scorer on them?

You can't push Kidd and Dirk 40 minutes a night? In the playoffs, when teams go about 8 deep, they're gonna play heavy minutes. Somewhere in the 38-40 range every night in the playoffs... Without back-to-backs and four games in five days, that's not all that bad...

And I know people kill Damp all the time but it's STUPID. No, he's not worth the money he's being paid. No, he never lived up to that contract. But for 20ish minutes a night, he is NOT a bad option at center... Lack of depth at center?
laugh.gif
How many teams are really better off at the position than the Mavs are with the Haywood and Dampier combination? 

Last night I'm watchin the Lakers/Raptors game and I'm watchin Chris Bosh and i started thinkin about Dampiers contract and Bosh's Dallas roots. 

And it made me sick. 
sick.gif

Ima need Bron or Wade or somebody to convince Bosh to go play in Miami or Chicago or somewhere like that.  No offense. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Last night I'm watchin the Lakers/Raptors game and I'm watchin Chris Bosh and i started thinkin about Dampiers contract and Bosh's Dallas roots. 

And it made me sick. 
sick.gif

Ima need Bron or Wade or somebody to convince Bosh to go play in Miami or Chicago or somewhere like that.  No offense. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I doubt it happens, but maybe if Roddy gets extended minutes and shows some real potential, maybe... He's the most likely of the three to come here, but I still think it's a longshot.

Back
Top Bottom