Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Time to beat these bums up again.
pimp.gif
o_rly.jpg

Just imagine when we we Timmy and Tony back...

See you guys next week Different place Different time Same results...
pimp.gif

The Spurs are a better match-up for us when TD is in the game. They were too crafty for us last night.

Of course they're a better team, but I expect a much more competitive game next wednesday if TD plays.

Too many times Manu just made a great pass to whoever was open in the corners. Really gotta contain them, stay on our men, they had at least 10 open shots fromthe corners.

Hearing there's people in the organization questioning how tough he is...
nerd.gif

Talkin about he ain't tryin to play through pain...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Hearing there's people in the organization questioning how tough he is...
nerd.gif

Talkin about he ain't tryin to play through pain...
Should've shipped him out when we could have I suppose.
tired.gif

No way we can ship him for Kaman now, dude is playing out of his mind.

The good news: Means more of Roddy and Ross hopefully.

The bad news: More JJ Barea probably.

He'll still have a ton of value because of his contract... IF he's healthy and happy, he's a pretty damn good basketball player... If he's not,which you obviously can't count on, he's a nice sized expiring with an option for next year if you wanna play it out...

There's no long-term commitment with him and the money isn't crazy if you decide to let it play out into next year...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

He'll still have a ton of value because of his contract... IF he's healthy and happy, he's a pretty damn good basketball player... If he's not, which you obviously can't count on, he's a nice sized expiring with an option for next year if you wanna play it out...

There's no long-term commitment with him and the money isn't crazy if you decide to let it play out into next year...
Yeah definitely, and I'm bummed to hear he's going to be out for a while, I liked what he brought to the team in the game or two he washere. It's good to know he's an expiring and if he's injured from now on, he won't hinder us after this year and some team may want to take himon, but it's still one of our better players that we'll have missing, and until we trade him or he comes back, it's still a hole missing in ourteam.

As much as a lot of us say get a real SG, having him there is a whole hell of a lot better than having someone else on our team there.

Not a single peep from yall?
smh.gif

Oh well, 6-3 sounds good to me.
pimp.gif

Still leading our division, which is good enough for me!

Nowitzki only had a quiet five points and five rebounds in the first half before jawing with former teammate Ryan Hollins(notes)and Flynn five minutes into the third. He received a technical foul, then scored 13 points, grabbed five rebounds and blocked three shots in the next sevenminutes to put Dallas in control.

"(Hollins) elbows a lot and that's just how he plays," Nowitzki said. "I just felt like at some point it was enough."

eek.gif
!!

just a question, would you guys trade josh howard for someone like jefferies+nate robinson+duhon if contracts worked out?
i mean, duhon def. > jj, although thats not saying much, nate gives scoring off the bench like jet, and jefferies is just another body.
nate+duhon are expirings, while jefferies has an extra year. just a thought.

Originally Posted by BangDak

just a question, would you guys trade josh howard for someone like jefferies+nate robinson+duhon if contracts worked out?
i mean, duhon def. > jj, although thats not saying much, nate gives scoring off the bench like jet, and jefferies is just another body.
nate+duhon are expirings, while jefferies has an extra year. just a thought.
Nah...

Nate and JET on the same roster doesn't do much for me...

Bigger fish to fry with that contract... If you can't get something better than that, you might as well keep him..

Josh is not worth getting a back-up we don't need when we have two players who can fit the bill, and getting the same guy we already have, and getting someprospect who has never developed to anything.

Give me another true SG, or give me a C, or else I don't want to deal Josh.

Although I'd LIKE to move him.

J-How for Mike Redd

Damp+ Matt Carol+1st+Cash for Beans+Stephen Jackson

Kidd
Jack
Shawn
Dirk
Beans

Rodd
JJ
Redd
gooden

*small ball
Kidd
Redd
Jack
Shawn
Dirk

That lineup is dope as +#!$. A motivated Jackson is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Josh is not worth getting a back-up we don't need when we have two players who can fit the bill, and getting the same guy we already have, and getting some prospect who has never developed to anything.

Give me another true SG, or give me a C, or else I don't want to deal Josh.

Although I'd LIKE to move him.
Stephen Jackson? Or maybe you'd like Corey Maggette?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

J-How for Mike Redd

Damp+ Matt Carol+1st+Cash for Beans+Stephen Jackson

Kidd
Jack
Shawn
Dirk
Beans

Rodd
JJ
Redd
gooden

*small ball
Kidd
Redd
Jack
Shawn
Dirk

That lineup is dope as +#!$. A motivated Jackson is
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
I'd do both.

I'm a Stephen Jackson fan. He wouldn't be well received in Dallas though by the fans, but if I could even just do him for Josh straight up I'd jumpon it. And Bangdak, Duhon isn't better than Barea at anything, and I don't even like Barea but Duhon.... please!

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I'm a Stephen Jackson fan. He wouldn't be well received in Dallas though by the fans, but if I could even just do him for Josh straight up I'd jump on it. And Bangdak, Duhon isn't better than Barea at anything, and I don't even like Barea but Duhon.... please!
Wow, I wasn't for getting Duhon either, but if I had a choice of the two, give me Duhon ten times a week.

JJB's erratic ball handling gives me headaches.

Dirk = WC Player of the Week.

No one has surprised me with their game this much since Devin Harris.

Roddy plays hard and shoots the ball well.

He's going to have a bright future ahead of him.

I swear each time I see him go towards the rim after someone sets the pick for him, I know it's going to be sweet.

Kidd+Roddy got it down to a science.
pimp.gif

Gooden filling in for Dampier VERY well on the offensive end, but on defense, not so much.

I think we need to infuse Gooden's offense genes into Dampier.

This cat Beaubois is NOT afraid to shoot, holy crap.

Mavs can hop into the 2 seed with a win and if ATL can hold of the Blazers.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom