Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

eek.gif
eek.gif
@ Dirk's stat line for the night

eek.gif
@ 29 in the 4th...

my dude diggler!

29 in the fourth though?
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

five blocks too
pimp.gif

wish i coulda caught the game but i was at work.

Fun stat, only 3 players in the past 20 years have achieved 40/11/5/5

Shaq
David Robinson
Dirk Nowitzki

Good company.

I was amazed as to what I was watching transpire last night.
eek.gif
DIRK youwere killing em in the 4th!!

The only other memorable performance I can remember witnessing from Dirk was in game 5 of the 06 western finals against phoenix where he proceeded to drop 50on the suns and tim thomas after he blew dirk a kiss.
pimp.gif

Here is a great little piece of info from dallasbasketball.com

since 1952, there are only five men who have averaged 25/11 for their careers in the playoffs. Those five men are all single-named legends: Hakeem, Petit,Shaq, Elgin. ... And Dirk.

Man, that was fun to watch.

It's one of the things that I LOVE about bball.

When one man gets hot, you can see some downright SILLY *%*% when it comes to individual performances.

MLB or NFL just can't compare in that regard.

Well damn.

Right when we were about to go 4-1, 3-2.

JET needs to knock down them free throws, and Dirk needs to stay in the game. Home cookin'.

Good win for New Orleans, they really needed this one.

BUT. This win is on Jason Terry, he knows it. It was do or die for him, and when he needed to hit his free throws, he missed. We failed to play defense in thepost against Paul, we lost. No excuse, they executed, onto the next game. We missed some big rebounds when we needed em. We missed three straight FT's, oneof which could have sealed the game.

Better luck next time.

And Barea? you're a good player for three quarters, but stay off our team in the fourth, you are not clutch, you panic with the ball, you can't knockdown free throws. I have no idea why Carlisle likes running his 3 PG line-up, it's very ineffective on defense, and when we aren't hitting out shots,it gets us nothing. Josh Howard better be in there late in games when he comes back. Give me Howard, Dirk, JET, Marion, and Kidd please, or substitute Marionfor Dampier, whatever works. I can't stand watching JJ Barea consistently be int he game and continue to be a non-factor, it's pointless.

Great game from Dampier and JET, but JET needed to knock em down when they matter. He KNOWS that one technical would have sealed the game, but no. He got usback in the game, but it's a wasted effort on the end of a back-to-back if we don't get the W.

I can't wait to have Josh Howard back, less minutes for that bum JJ Barea.

Also, Marion needs to be much more efficient around the rim. SET HIM UP, don't let him go to work in the post. He needs to be fed, SO FEED THE MAN! If hehas to create his own shot in the post, it's a low-% shot, and won't end well. He's so much better catching the ball in the paint and just layingit in, he's capable, so set em up Kidd.

Onto Toronto.

JOSH HOWARD PROBABLE FOR TONIGHT

http://angrytrey.blogspot.com/2009/11/josh-howard-probable-for-mavs-tonight.html

Jason Terry brings you the quote of the day, "it will be great to have Josh Howard back tonight." That came out ofJET's mouth this morning after shoot around. The great part is, Jason wasn't even asked about Josh Howard. Thanks for the story JET!

I confirmed what Terry said with sources inside the American Airlines Center. I spoke with someone close to the team that says"Josh Howard is set to come back any day now. You can say he is probable for tonight because it depends on how Josh feels after practice. If nothing issore, and J-Ho feels fine, then the plan is to have Josh Howard back on the floor for tonight."

This is great news for Mavs fans as they have been waiting for the return of Josh Howard to the team. No word on whether Joshwill start or come off the bench. I expect his minutes to be limited either way.

In other injury news, Tim Thomas is out for tonight, Quinton Ross is questionable and could possibly see some time, and DrewGooden is doubtful with his rib injury.

JA, you'e like talking to yourself in t his thread.
props though, only a true fan can do that
pimp.gif

Solid first half for the Mavs. I liked what I saw from J-Ho. Didnt look like his ankle was bothering him at all. I love the 2 different lineups the Mavs canroll out.

Kidd, Josh, Marion, Dirk, Damp

or

Kidd, Jet, Josh, Marion, Dirk

This performance is what should make people nervous about this team. When the offense is clicking on all cylinders and they play a little defense, this team isnasty

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Solid first half for the Mavs. I liked what I saw from J-Ho. Didnt look like his ankle was bothering him at all. I love the 2 different lineups the Mavs can roll out.

Kidd, Josh, Marion, Dirk, Damp

or

Kidd, Jet, Josh, Marion, Dirk
YUP!

Watch out.
pimp.gif

This next week will be a good test for us.

HOU/SAS back to back, then Minny, then DET/MIL back to back. If we win 4/5, I think we're in pretty good shape.

I didn't get to watch the game so I just peeped the highlights, the ball movement looked PHENOMENAL.

60% from the field? 50% from three? 32 assists, JJ with TWICE AS MANY ASSISTS?!?! Sick.

That pass from Kidd and then from Josh to JET was
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom