Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

Beaubois is very exciting. JJ Barea went from being a 12th man towel waver to being a somewhat useful PG on occasion due to learning from Kidd. Imagine whatBeaubois can learn from Kidd. I hope they keep him at the NBA level the entire season instead of sending him to the NBDL because Beaubois learning from Kidd inpractice everyday is much more valuable than playing against NBDL scrubs.

I'd rather see a little less of JJ, I mean yeah he played great tonight, and I'm fine with him getting burn, but watching him late in games makes mecringe.

Against NOH, a pull up three, a few bad plays late in the game, missing FT's, it's hard to forget.

I come home from class, we're down about 15.

To close out the half, we end up only down 4.

Coincidence? Just call me the good luck charm.
pimp.gif

I haven't had a good enough look at him, but as far as conditioning, he's a little slow, but he seems to be doing what he normally does on both offenseand defense. It's promising. He's spreading the floor DAMN well, and is knocking down that perimeter shot, so he looks good. He won't offer muchmore than points though, if you're thinking fantasy.

Dampier on the other hand, is amazing.

Mavs commentator said what I was thinking: Give Dampier 1-year deals only from this year on
laugh.gif

This is a beautiful third quarter, our starters set the pace, and our bench players come in and keep the pace going, something we've lacked. SOMEboneheaded plays, but it's alright. Shooting well.

I really like Quinton Ross. I really like what he brings to the table on defense.

Way to shut me up JJ, you make a couple boneheaded plays, and then you knock down 3 straight shots.

JET IS ON THE RUNWAY!
pimp.gif

Ain't it nice to have a Center you can depend on Nowitness? It woulda been nice if he had this for the past 5 years.
smh.gif

Sandbaggin dude...
smh.gif

Better late than never I suppose.

It's not like he was ever that bad to begin with... He wasn't EVER gonna live up to that contract. Ever.

But 8 points and 7 boards with shooting percentages up around 60% from a solid defensive big man isn't bad. At all. He's just not ever played a ton ofminutes here, and he's had stone hands that cost the Mavs some opportunities...

But he's always been pretty decent...

Oh no, he's never been BAD. I've never disliked Dampier, it's just he could never really catch the ball and finish around the rim.

Until now. His inflated states make us better. He's playing better overall though, that's the thing, both ends. He's rebounding much better,he's not letting people push him around. He's blocking lots of shots. He's finishing around the rim and putting forth a HELL OF A LOT more effortin the paint on offense.

But 9.6/11/3 while maintaining that 60% is much better, I thought he was done after this past year, I thought we'd see Marcin Gortat, I thought we'dsee Damp barely playing.

But losing out on Gortat was a blessing in disguise.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

It's not like he was ever that bad to begin with... He wasn't EVER gonna live up to that contract. Ever.

But 8 points and 7 boards with shooting percentages up around 60% from a solid defensive big man isn't bad. At all. He's just not ever played a ton of minutes here, and he's had stone hands that cost the Mavs some opportunities...

But not as good as on contract yrs. Like, have you noticed all of a sudden he can actually catch rebounds and go back up with them or tip them in,sometimes even with the left hand now? When every other time he just slaps the *%#$ out of it towards half court. I don't think he ever caught an alleyoopor putback other than this yr and his contract yr/1st yr (honeymoon yr) as a Mav. Not that either thing matters in itself, but it just demonstrates howsomething is different about him from a motivation and concentration standpoint when he has something to play for

Well that's another problem, after the Rox went small them Mavs went small and that was all she wrote.

From up 15 to down 22. That's not hot.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

But 8 points and 7 boards with shooting percentages up around 60% from a solid defensive big man isn't bad. At all. He's just not ever played a ton of minutes here, and he's had stone hands that cost the Mavs some opportunities...

But not as good as on contract yrs. Like, have you noticed all of a sudden he can actually catch rebounds and go back up with them or tip them in, sometimes even with the left hand now? When every other time he just slaps the *%#$ out of it towards half court. I don't think he ever caught an alleyoop or putback other than this yr and his contract yr/1st yr (honeymoon yr) as a Mav. Not that either thing matters in itself, but it just demonstrates how something is different about him from a motivation and concentration standpoint when he has something to play for
Oh, no doubt...

I don't generally believe in the theory of contract years, but with Erick Dampier, I'm beginning to consider an exception... It's only 8 games, butit's obvious something is different...

Is it just me or does Shawn miss a TONNNN of gimme's? Seemed as if he missed at least 3-4 simple shots.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Damp with the "Give me that *!$#" line after every block
pimp.gif
I thought I was hearing things after the first one then he kept saying it
laugh.gif
Damp has been playing incredible lately.

Back
Top Bottom