Dallas Mavericks @ San Antonio Spurs: TNT 7:00 PM CST

bowen was all over his arm before he even got the block...
smh.gif

I was waiting until the end of this game to post....

1st thing I was gonna mention was that Dirk fadeaway over Parker. I know that's his game but come on man, dude is like a foot shorter than you...take it upstrong

Where was Kidd at down the stretch?

You dudes are pathetic. If the Mavs had won that game, not one of you would have been in here saying anything about Dirk...

Exactly, Dirk kept this game alive, only Bass had a notable game other than him.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
You dudes are pathetic. If the Mavs had won that game, not one of you would have been in here saying anything about Dirk...

is it really surprising anymore? That's NT for you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mavrx

smh.gif
and the start of the many usual excuses......:
roll.gif
Also, i didn't see the game until the last minutes, was Dirk really that bad?!? It seemed hewas the one keeping Dallas in it. I'm not surprised, but just wondering... PO

oh well, that was a tough loss, great game by dirk and bass, I like that terry is not taking *@#* from no one, lets move on and win the next 3

Exactly, Dirk kept this game alive, only Bass had a notable game other than him.
Truth.

But the point is... Dirk will always be a player that can just "keep you in it".

He'll never be the one tough enough to win it. That's the problem.

And who was the last CONTENDER to allow Tim Duncan to go off for 30+ and 15 reb? He doesn't generally put up those kinds of numbers, but if they play the Mavs, you can guarantee he will.
this dude
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

He was "tough enough" to beat the Spurs 2 years ago in the playoffs.
tired.gif
And Phoenix... People are just ridiculous.

The Spurs played really well down the stretch. Their defense tightened up when it needed to, and the got a couple of stops at the end. It was a very close,extremely well played game on both ends. I really don't see how you get from that game that the Mavericks are some pretender, and Dirk (21 FTA) is soft asever... Somebody obviously didn't tune in until the end.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif
When you carry the title of MVP, keeping your team in thegame isn't good enough. It's expected. Dirk is supposed to win these types of games. He had his chances.
1st thing I was gonna mention was that Dirk fadeaway over Parker. I know that's his game but come on man, dude is like a foot shorter than you...take it up strong
This is typical Dirk. I've seen him do this countless times.

If you want to take shots at Dirk, why don't you take a look at Mr. MVP in your avatar my dude. What notable teams has AI beat in a playoff series?

Even I have to defend Dirk....dude's performance against the Spurs in the playoffs (and dropping 50+ once i think) a few years ago seems to be completelyforgotten now...I think that series with the Warriors really ruined his rep, and ppl just forgot about the year before.

Originally Posted by PO2345

Originally Posted by mavrx

smh.gif
and the start of the many usual excuses......:
roll.gif
Also, i didn't see the game until the last minutes, was Dirk really that bad?!? It seemed he was the one keeping Dallas in it. I'm not surprised, but just wondering... PO

its the truf...anyway this aint no excuse the mavs had plenty of chances...the spurs just out played them down the stretch...

Originally Posted by acidicality

Even I have to defend Dirk....dude's performance against the Spurs in the playoffs (and dropping 50+ once i think) a few years ago seems to be completely forgotten now...I think that series with the Warriors really ruined his rep, and ppl just forgot about the year before.
It is what it is... People blame the Finals 2 years ago on him too, but it's completely unwarranted, honestly.

at the idiotic comment that Duncan only goes off on Dallas.... PO
Clearly I didn't explain myself well enough.

My point is that... the Spurs have kinda changed in terms of how they play which everyone knows. Duncan is their defensive anchor in the post, but it'snot like the offense is explicitly run through him and he's their rock offensively. I NEVER said he only goes off against Dallas.

I said that Dallas is now going to have serious problems playing the Spurs because they have no big guys to compete against him. Teams like Denver last yearwere able to almost neutralize Duncan on the offensive end because they had big guys like Nene who really affected him. If they were to play the Pistons,Sheed would really bother him. If they played the Hornets.... they have people who could bother him.

Dallas doesn't... meaning that he is more likely to go off and dominate on a team like them... when he doesn't really play with an "I'm gonnadominate you adn go off for 30 and 15 type game anymore. He doesn't put up stats like that these days.... It's more of a consistent 20 and 10. Not anall out wrecking crew.

I know that made sense... if you don't get it after me explaining what I meant, then oh well
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

smh @ the mavs not taking care of business. oh well

Actually this is a good thing. I mean if the seedings stay the way they are LA at 1 and SA at 2 then we won't have to see them possibly until the WCFplus DAL and PHX would be in their part of the bracket.

The Mav and Dirk haters in this thread is hilarious. Great game tonight, wish Dallas would have pulled it out. The next 3 games are huge

Back
Top Bottom