Danny Brown revokes Big Sean "Detroit niche"

"You listen to how I talk about Detroit, and you listen to how a rapper like Big Sean talk about Detroit, and it's like we're talking about two different cities. He went to the best high school in the city, you know, he probably was real spoiled or sheltered, so it's like two different worlds. He can look at it and talk about guap, and we don't have any.

"A lot of people in Detroit don't consider him that either. They say he from L.A. now. He ain't been to the hood in years, and I wouldn't either if I was him, to be honest. It's not a bad thing. I'm in the hood every day now, so I see the faces, I see the desperation."

Now im not even entertaining the you not from the hood no more angle, but i do find it interesting that he basically is saying sean isnt socially responsible enough in his
music to rep a city that just went bankrupt when all he really talks about is money girls and partying. I also always found it funny that he repped them so hard when his album
dropped but i remember vaguely when he was on his finally famous grind he did most if not all his shows in chicago, cats thought he was apart of that hipster cool kids movement we had in like 08

Last edited:
Damny brown doesn't get respect in the city either. ****** don't even kno who danny brown is in detroit, I heard of him thru here so u do the math. Big sean has the hipsters here from the burbs but we do consider him a LA artist. Eminem doesn't get respect here either, dudes stopped listening to em in 06. Only dudes the city is 100% behind is doughboyz cashout because they represent the city, they dress, talk, act, rap detroit.

Damny brown doesn't get respect in the city either. ****** don't even kno who danny brown is in detroit, I heard of him thru here so u do the math. Big sean has the hipsters here from the burbs but we do consider him a LA artist. Eminem doesn't get respect here either, dudes stopped listening to em in 06. Only dudes the city is 100% behind is doughboyz cashout because they represent the city, they dress, talk, act, rap detroit.

been seeing they name but aint got the time to click yet, im still overdosing on Rich Homie quan and Migos. Is there something i should start with for them.

Check out the mob life remix with jeezy

I'm in the hood every day now

I be off in the hood I bet you dont ever go dere

Ay so slow dere boi dont go dere boi

Theres people you dont know dere boi
smokin.gif

Last edited:
no one i know even listens to danny brown or even know who he is and no one i know thinks of big sean as a real detroit rapper and im from detroit/grosse pointe
danny brown > big sean

Big Sean reps Detroit hard.

For all those who think Big Sean is that "*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***" guy, go peep his last mixtape, ironically named Detroit . . . was filled with bangers . . . and he spoke on the situation in Detroit.

Finally Famous the Album was not as strong an album as it should of been but Sean is cool. FF Vol. 1-3 are fire, and Detroit is among the best tapes that dropped in 2012 along with Rich Forever, Taylor Allderdice, and the Yellow Album.

Expecting Hall of Fame to be fire too. He a fool for not releasing Guap in like June of this year, that could have been a summer anthem if he had waited.

Big Sean reps Detroit hard.​

For all those who think Big Sean is that "*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***" guy, go peep his last mixtape, ironically named Detroit . . . was filled with bangers . . . and he spoke on the situation in Detroit.​

Finally Famous the Album was not as strong an album as it should of been but Sean is cool. FF Vol. 1-3 are fire, and Detroit is among the best tapes that dropped in 2012 along with Rich Forever, Taylor Allderdice, and the Yellow Album.​

Expecting Hall of Fame to be fire too. He a fool for not releasing Guap in like June of this year, that could have been a summer anthem if he had waited.​

No he doesn't...Might seem like it to an out of towner but he doesnt represent Detroit at all. He is like a Cali _ saying Detroit in his raps. He get love in the city fasho, but he is not embraced by everybody because he's not a typical D-Boy. You want ppl putting on for the city and how we are, google Team Eastside, Icewear Vezzo, and of course DBCO.

For all those who think Big Sean is that "*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***" guy, go peep his last mixtape, ironically named Detroit . . . was filled with bangers . . . and he spoke on the situation in Detroit.

Finally Famous the Album was not as strong an album as it should of been but Sean is cool. FF Vol. 1-3 are fire, and Detroit is among the best tapes that dropped in 2012 along with Rich Forever, Taylor Allderdice, and the Yellow Album.

Expecting Hall of Fame to be fire too. He a fool for not releasing Guap in like June of this year, that could have been a summer anthem if he had waited.
he said in an interview, kanye pushed him to put out guap

Big Sean reps Detroit hard.​
For all those who think Big Sean is that "*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***" guy, go peep his last mixtape, ironically named Detroit . . . was filled with bangers . . . and he spoke on the situation in Detroit.​
Finally Famous the Album was not as strong an album as it should of been but Sean is cool. FF Vol. 1-3 are fire, and Detroit is among the best tapes that dropped in 2012 along with Rich Forever, Taylor Allderdice, and the Yellow Album.​
Expecting Hall of Fame to be fire too. He a fool for not releasing Guap in like June of this year, that could have been a summer anthem if he had waited.​
No he doesn't...Might seem like it to an out of towner but he doesnt represent Detroit at all. He is like a Cali _ saying Detroit in his raps. He get love in the city fasho, but he is not embraced by everybody because he's not a typical D-Boy. You want ppl putting on for the city and how we are, google Team Eastside, Icewear Vezzo, and of course DBCO.
Word . . . I guess if people from Detroit feel as if they aren't being represented, then that's how they feel, I'm not from there so I can't really speak on it

he said in an interview, kanye pushed him to put out guap
Haha he also said Kanye took Clique from him for Cruel Summer, that was supposed to be on Sean's album

I would have said **** Kanye in both of those situations . . .
laugh.gif

:lol: at DB trying to create a buz off of Cass Tech's own. It's a talented college prep/arts school for goodness sakes.

Detroit is a musical city. Slum Village and Jay Dee. Nuff said. Beautiful music lives on in Detroit. The D doesn't have to rep how hard they are. Cats already know. Pershing Doughboys stand up.

Last edited:
Damn youre a real lame if youre from Detroit and hate on Big Sean. He reps Detroit super hard every chance he gets and makes pretty good music and seems like he gives back to the city too. Who cares if he doesnt dress like the people in the hoods of Detroit anymore? That doesnt make him any less "Detroit". Dudes thirsty to take shots at people from their own city who blew up and then give back on top of it.

Corny on Danny brown part and I lightweight rock with dude...... Also big Sean raps about more then money and women. Dude talks about making it/wanting to make it and chasing your dreams alot

Last edited:
I rarely listen to Danny Brown, but like I said before, Big Sean could easily be associated with Kreayshawn and Lil Debbie. Outside of throwing a couple of "D-Town" adlibs and having a mixtape called Detroit, you wouldn't even know he was from there. I could say dunn, son, and slime...that doesn't mean I rep NY to the fullest.

Back
Top Bottom