Danny Brown revokes Big Sean "Detroit niche"

Big Sean reps Detroit hard.​
For all those who think Big Sean is that "*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***" guy, go peep his last mixtape, ironically named Detroit . . . was filled with bangers . . . and he spoke on the situation in Detroit.​
Finally Famous the Album was not as strong an album as it should of been but Sean is cool. FF Vol. 1-3 are fire, and Detroit is among the best tapes that dropped in 2012 along with Rich Forever, Taylor Allderdice, and the Yellow Album.​
Expecting Hall of Fame to be fire too. He a fool for not releasing Guap in like June of this year, that could have been a summer anthem if he had waited.​

No he doesn't...Might seem like it to an out of towner but he doesnt represent Detroit at all. He is like a Cali _ saying Detroit in his raps. He get love in the city fasho, but he is not embraced by everybody because he's not a typical D-Boy. You want ppl putting on for the city and how we are, google Team Eastside, Icewear Vezzo, and of course DBCO.

Word . . . I guess if people from Detroit feel as if they aren't being represented, then that's how they feel, I'm not from there so I can't really speak on it​

Big Sean reps Detroit hard.​

For all those who think Big Sean is that "*** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***" guy, go peep his last mixtape, ironically named Detroit . . . was filled with bangers . . . and he spoke on the situation in Detroit.​

Finally Famous the Album was not as strong an album as it should of been but Sean is cool. FF Vol. 1-3 are fire, and Detroit is among the best tapes that dropped in 2012 along with Rich Forever, Taylor Allderdice, and the Yellow Album.​

Expecting Hall of Fame to be fire too. He a fool for not releasing Guap in like June of this year, that could have been a summer anthem if he had waited.​
he said in an interview, kanye pushed him to put out guap

Haha he also said Kanye took Clique from him for Cruel Summer, that was supposed to be on Sean's album​

I would have said **** Kanye in both of those situations . . . :lol:

honestly though clique wouldn't pop like that if it was just Sean

unless Jay and Ye were already on that version

Quite frankly, if Trick Trick hasn't been taking shots at you, your Detroit credibility is good 
laugh.gif
. And what? Was Big Sean suppose to grow up poor and unprivileged? This part of "rap credibility" needs to die out already. It's not to say the guy is talking gun play, and sleeping in gutters. Danny's hatin. 

Damn youre a real lame if youre from Detroit and hate on Big Sean. He reps Detroit super hard every chance he gets and makes pretty good music and seems like he gives back to the city too. Who cares if he doesnt dress like the people in the hoods of Detroit anymore? That doesnt make him any less "Detroit". Dudes thirsty to take shots at people from their own city who blew up and then give back on top of it.

seriously.

Y'all cannibalizing your own.

Damn.

From what I'm reading in this thread, it seems like the people of Detroit have an attitude toward success that would lead to your city filing for bankruptcy.

Stop it, nobody is hating on dude success. You think we not proud of the first black rapper _ from the D to be a mainstream household name? Just calling it how it is. He shouts Detroit out, but doesn't represent the city. I dont blame him for not being superthug or super street because thats not him, and he wouldnt have a deal, he got signed when execs were terrified to give a deal to detroit/chicago _s. Danny Brown is a weirdo but he is right for the most part....

And going to Cass makes you no less of anything, I know KILLERS that graduated from that school..

idk who danny brown is but have u heard big seans latest radio single?  i wouldnt want that **** representing my hometown either 

Damn.

From what I'm reading in this thread, it seems like the people of Detroit have an attitude toward success that would lead to your city filing for bankruptcy.

Stop it, nobody is hating on dude success. You think we not proud of the first black rapper _ from the D to be a mainstream household name? Just calling it how it is. He shouts Detroit out, but doesn't represent the city. I dont blame him for not being superthug or super street because thats not him, and he wouldnt have a deal, he got signed when execs were terrified to give a deal to detroit/chicago _s. Danny Brown is a weirdo but he is right for the most part....

And going to Cass makes you no less of anything, I know KILLERS that graduated from that school..

What does this mean? He shouts out Detroit whenever he gets and is always talking about Detroit in interviews but he doesn't rep his city?

There's super thugs and super street dude in every city, but there's also super ambitious dudes with big dreams in every city. What Danny said about Sean is what I heard every random dude in every barbershop Ive ever been to in the DMV say about Wale. It bothered me then and it bothers me with Sean and Danny now.

If Sean was from Kansas it would be some loser street dudes in Kansas talkin bout "He don't represent us, we in these streets strugglin. I mean he shouts us out all the time and is always talkin bout us, be he aint really reppin like [insert no name rapper]".

It's just a loser's mentality. A way of seeing things that denote a disassociation with success.

And it's bigger than music. It's part of a much larger self esteem issue that the Black community as a whole suffers from.

Last edited:
Sean jus doesn't represent the city and how we are. If u never heard him rap n seen his appearance u automatically would think he was in tygas crew or something. Nobody hates that man, we are all proud but when it comes to best DETROIT rapper neither him or eminem is in the discussion. Detroit, jus like chicago, bay area, texas, atl etc have our on sound thats different from other music. Thats why everybody is behind the doughboyz they are the first with the detroit sound to get on and if they are a success labels will come get other artist from here and the world will be familiar with this sound. (the chief keef drill music effect)

Sean jus doesn't represent the city and how we are. If u never heard him rap n seen his appearance u automatically would think he was in tygas crew or something. Nobody hates that man, we are all proud but when it comes to best DETROIT rapper neither him or eminem is in the discussion. Detroit, jus like chicago, bay area, texas, atl etc have our on sound thats different from other music. Thats why everybody is behind the doughboyz they are the first with the detroit sound to get on and if they are a success labels will come get other artist from here and the world will be familiar with this sound. (the chief keef drill music effect)
I moved to Michigan 3 years ago. What exactly is the "Detroit" sound? (Serious question) Is there a specific sound? or is there a variety? Is Dilla less of a Detroit sound than the doughboz? Is Sean less than Danny Brown?

I ask this because being form Cali. I used to hear this all the time, all the time in regard to West Coast Sound. The West Coast "Sound" wasn't allowed to have more than one form for the a long time. Only people who got shine were people who mimicked the Dre , G Funk era type of music. Eventually that view changed and groups and artists with different sounds were able to break thru such as Dom Kennedy, Pac Div, etc while a new age Gangsta rappers were able to come in like Game and Nipssey Hussle.

Last edited:

Eminem not the best Detroit rapper bro? :rofl:

Last edited:
Word . . . I guess if people from Detroit feel as if they aren't being represented, then that's how they feel, I'm not from there so I can't really speak on it​

Haha he also said Kanye took Clique from him for Cruel Summer, that was supposed to be on Sean's album​

I would have said **** Kanye in both of those situations . . . :lol:

Naaaaah. In the interview Sean said Kanye was tryna get him to release Guap as the single and Sean didn't agree so he just dropped it as a random track. So really he SHOULD have listened to Kanye.

Only Detroit Rapper I really **** with is Boldy James...

That's it.

Danny Brown cool tho.

All this talk about Sean doesn't represent "US"...that's corny.  You make it sound like Detroit is only street ****** that dress a certain way.  I'm pretty sure theres people that dress like Sean, listen to music and make music like Sean and have been doing it before Sean was even on.  

Same thing with Wale in DC, Asap in NY.  Always going to be one group of people, thats usually the minority that are stuck in old ways and can't embrace something new.  **** your old ways b.

These issues only happen in hip-hop and it's terrible and more of an identification of what we are as a culture.

Last edited:
They're both equally lame.

However, neither of them represent the average person from the city, not how they talk, their appearance or what they rap about.

And for Danny Brown's weird *** to attempt to call out Sean is hilarious. Maybe if Doughboyz Cashout said something like this, it'd have some validity (even if it's a stupid argument), but not this dude.

Edit: Wale has no place in this argument. DC's beef with Wale is the fact he refused to acknolwedge he spent most of his time in the farrr out burbs (Gaithersburg). That's like Big Sean spending majority of his life in West Bloomfield or Novi, but then trying to pull the I'm from Detroit card.

Last edited:
All this talk about Sean doesn't represent "US"...that's corny.  You make it sound like Detroit is only street ****** that dress a certain way.  I'm pretty sure theres people that dress like Sean, listen to music and make music like Sean and have been doing it before Sean was even on.  

Same thing with Wale in DC, Asap in NY.  Always going to be one group of people, thats usually the minority that are stuck in old ways and can't embrace something new.  **** your old ways b.

These issues only happen in hip-hop and it's terrible and more of an identification of what we are as a culture.

Thats the thing, Detroit IS all street _s that dress a certain way. We have our own culture. Big Sean is fake as hell to me, one min he wanna go on 106 rocking some woods, next min he wearing a red versace suit with his chest out. He's a hipster and thats cool, but it in no way, shape, or form is it indicitive of Detroit. _s dont dress like him, _s dont talk like him.

Last edited:
Danny Brown's a G cuz he got his **** sucked on stage. you dont get no more Detroit than that

thats the thing though, HE SHOULD be representative of the city, young black success story, not the hood doughboy who hate on each other , but hey people love misery and not achieving the most they can

Ask any ***** from the d who the goat rapper from here I doubt u here eminem, U gon hear blade icewood (rip). Eminem isn't even from detroit, got every suburban white dude thinking 8 mile is the hood. Dudes here stopped listening to em when I was like 13. Street lordz is a example of the detroit sound. Icewear vezzo, doughboyz, team eastside, dusty mcfly, k deezy, streetlord juan etc

Back
Top Bottom