Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
tumbleweed-the-simpsons.gif

I feel like even if you don't necessarily agree with how Dave went about discussing LGBTQ in his special,

if you took an honest approach to the dialogue you would clearly hear that Dave is not homophobic, is not against Trans individuals, etc. to paint him as that from this special especially, is incredibly lazy.

And why that isnt a workable concept has been explained ad ad nauseam...when the jokes (told by Chappelle) were about any other group, there were no issues.
Just saying the advice I would give a comedian I am representing.

At this point in time you just have to be smart.

Just saying the advice I would give a comedian I am representing.

At this point in time you just have to be smart.
this advice is presuming the comedian cares about whatever you think that will achieve
from dave's previous actions i don't think he cares

did anyone else notice that this netflix "walkout" was way overblown? it was reported as hundreds but it was really like 30 people out there. :lol:

“People love to say, ‘George Carlin couldn’t do his act today! What would he say about all this?’” Goldthwait says. “You know what he’d say? I know exactly what he’d say. He’d say something hilarious and cutting about your ****ing bull****. There is no cancel culture. It only exists if you’re a whistleblower or a victim.”

This whole “punching down/up” thing is weird to me. In order to feel like you’re being punched down on or someone else is punching down, one would have to feel like they’re beneath someone or said person is above said people. That’s a wild notion to me in of itself. Bell even stopped short of saying, “I only talk about people who are better than me..”. Dave Chappelle is just a guy most people know with a good *** job. That doesn’t make him a better person than anyone. The only “power” he has is given to him by those who believe he has power.

Remember when Dave asked his fans to boycott his show in order to pressure Viacom to address his issues with the royalties he should have been paid out? And it worked so he could get the millions he was owed. How many black celebrities could pull that off?

#totallynotapowermove
#powerlessdave
#noinfluence
#nosway

Remember when Dave asked his fans to boycott his show in order to pressure Viacom to address his issues with the royalties he should have been paid out? And it worked so he could get the millions he was owed. How many black celebrities could pull that off?

#totallynotapowermove
#powerlessdave
#noinfluence
#nosway

Why are to hashtagging? This is niketalk :rofl:

Remember when Shonda Rhimes got snubbed Disney tickets for her family after making them millions upon millions of dollars. Companies don't historically kowtow to the wants and desires of their black talent regardless of how much money they make them. Dave being able to pull that off is not a small feat. But I guess they just felt like being charitable and he doesn't have any power or influence.

Back
Top Bottom