Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
The thing this white guy did wasn't Dave did whiteface so I can do blackface. It was Dave doesn't have the attitude of walking on eggshells be considerate of others and neither do I.
Bigots do this too.

They openly display their lack of respect for the people they hate, and the anti-cancel culture crusade is legitimizing their behavior, and the real problem with Chappelle is that he is lending his voice (a powerful voice) to this.
Either way when ****ty human beings start coming out the wood works and you become their fellow deplorable black brotha. It's never a good look.
This.
Any voice or personality the alt-right can use to justify the mainstreaming of intolerance is an asset to their movement. Whether the person agrees with their intentions or not is irrelevant.

Yeah, but again there's levels.

If the ppl are also too stupid not to understand the person they're quoting isn't really on their side it not being a good look isn't where this ends. Nobody approaches this topic through optics alone. Issue is a bit deeper.

Pretty sure Chappelle doesn't care about the surface level ****. Same way he didn't mind back when he made those Trump comments and stuck by it until he saw how it turned out and responded accordingly.

Saying "there are "levels" only serves to diminish the harm that type of rhetoric has on the people on the receiving end. There aren't "levels". There's right and there's wrong.

Last edited:
Saying "there are "levels" only serves to diminish the harm that type of rhetoric has on the people on the receiving it. There aren't "levels". There's right and there's wrong.
No it doesn't.

Its just an acknowledgment that some offenses are not as serious as others.

The white man that says the n word in a joke is not the same as the white man saying the n word as he kills a black man.

Both are wrong but both should not get the same reaction and consequences. There ARE levels.

If its all equal to you something is off about your perspective.
Bigots do this too.

They openly display their lack of respect for the people they hate,
This is what I'm saying. The difference clearly being is that they are bigots.

and the anti-cancel culture crusade is legitimizing their behavior, and the real problem with Chappelle is that he is lending his voice (a powerful voice) to this.
Like I said before some ppl are too stupid to tell the difference.

This is just like Dave saying he's against bathroom bills and saying he's team terf and ppl only citing that last part to criticize.

If you want to gloss over the whole thing then sure Dave is lending his powerful voice to the wrong side.

Last edited:
It's funny seeing this obliviousness to the concept of "levels"

They understand it, it's why they continue to ignore making comparisons to other forms of non-racial discrimination

The white man that says the n word in a joke is not the same as the white man saying the n word as he kills a black man.
What about the person who pulls the trigger and uses the first white man's words as justification for doing so? This is who we're talking about, not the racist who hasn't heard the joke.

I just don't think that anyone could make a good faith argument in support of the normalization of behaviors that are harmful to some people.

I also don't think that we can pretend in good faith that arts and culture exist in a vacuum separate from socioeconomic and demographic issues, and as such, assert that one doesn't have any sort of influence on the other. We're all familiar here with "Birth of A Nation" and "Gone with the Wind." We're all familiar with how the depictions of the West in John Wayne's movies reshaped the popular perception of the Old West by erasing black cowboys from popular culture, elevating the white ones, and turning every native into an evil savage.

Like I said before some ppl are too stupid to tell the difference.

This is just like Dave saying he's against bathroom bills and saying he's team terf and ppl only citing that last part to criticize.
People are not just citing the last part to criticize; they are citing both parts and saying that they are contradictory, and Dave thinking that you can be both shows he doesn't understand what he's talking about; it's like supporting the civil rights movement as a member of the KKK (how the **** does he not see it?).

The people who love to hear him say the second part are counted in the millions, and they don't care to tell the difference because he validates their feelings.

What about the person who pulls the trigger and uses the first white man's words as justification for doing so? This is who we're talking about, not the racist who hasn't heard the joke.
Like I said, there's levels.

The man who pulls the trigger using any other person's words especially when those words aren't in any way inciting violence should not be made equivalent to the person whose words are being used.

THIS SHOULD BE OBVIOUS.

I just don't think that anyone could make a good faith argument in support of the normalization of behaviors that are harmful to some people.
The problem here is you're using the word 'behavior' when talking about both a person that says something and a person takes another's words as what? orders, motivation, the proverbial push over the edge to commit a violent act. There's speech and there's actions.

That's what, where, and why I'm trying to make the distinction between the two.

Cuz I do not believe Dave Chappelle's standup is hate speech. I don't believe it's bigoted. I do not think Dave Chappelle's standup is violent. I don't even think what he says necessarily leads to violence.

Dave Chappelle isn't doing his version of a white pride youth rally against the trans community. He is not saying they are less than or that they deserve to die.

I also don't think that we can pretend in good faith that arts and culture exist in a vacuum separate from socioeconomic and demographic issues, and as such, assert that one doesn't have any sort of influence on the other. We're all familiar here with "Birth of A Nation" and "Gone with the Wind." We're all familiar with how the depictions of the West in John Wayne's movies reshaped the popular perception of the Old West by erasing black cowboys from popular culture, elevating the white ones, and turning every native into an evil savage.
Art definitely has its influence and impact on society but we shouldn't pretend like it is the deciding factor in behavior.

The thing about all of your examples is they were basically the icing on the cake that is institutional racism. The racist laws were passed first. The discriminatory acts happened first. That's what dictated the attitude and behavior.

People are not just citing the last part to criticize; they are citing both parts and saying that they are contradictory, and Dave thinking that you can be both shows he doesn't understand what he's talking about; it's like supporting the civil rights movement as a member of the KKK (how the **** does he not see it?).
Again, you can either point this out and come up with he doesn't know what he's saying or come to another conclusion yourself; Dave didn't do all his homework on the topics cuz you know this was a standup bit not a peer reviewed report or Dave knew full well what he was saying and purposely contradicted himself or Dave said one thing, forgot, and then said something that was the complete opposite of what he said earlier.

But hey even if you're right, so what? He was telling a joke. Show me the future murderer that watched The Closer agreed that bathroom bills shouldn't be passed and is also team terf.

The people who love to hear him say the second part are counted in the millions, and they don't care to tell the difference because he validates their feelings.
Dave Chappelle can not be held responsible for those stupid ppl's actions.

If the whole or part of your point is that more bigoted ppl will be attracted to one part of what he said and ignore the other, that's not new. That's just a perfect example of their stupidity if they can't or won't even raise the same questions themselves or point out a possible contradiction. Cuz with or without Chappelle bigoted ppl will find reasons and ideas and bull **** sayings and anything else to support their bigotry.

Chappelle aside, if we're really saying the person that said something is as bad as the person who commited a violent act due to what that person said I don't see a path moving forward on the topic.

This is why I said before I have more of a problem with a Shapiro twisting words to fit his stance than an idiot who didn't even properly comprehend the entire message. I don't have any ideal naive dreams that those types of stupid ppl will one day come around. Ignorance breeds bigotry and a bunch of other bad ****. However, I think there's a better chance at exposing the so called "intellectual" that tries to put some high minded spin on their bigotry/hatred.

Last edited:
Godfrey going in!!!

Still remember the first time I heard the term "race card".

If there is such a thing as a "race card", is it possible that a "trans card" exists as well?

Godfrey going in!!!

Still remember the first time I heard the term "race card".

If there is such a thing as a "race card", is it possible that a "trans card" exists as well?

it has to exist, why else would people continue to equate it with racism

hes dropping a lot of knowledge in that video but people will just dismiss it as anti-lgbt

people are kinda ignoring daves previous commentary about the jussie situation and how MORAL ELITISTS were making accusations of not supporting the gay community (homophobia/anti-homosexual) towards anyone who questioned the story

these people were not correct, no matter how morally elite they thought they were, and its the same situation currently going on, a "lack of support" for the transgender community is being viewed as ANTI

basically anything not painted in a positive-neutral light is "offensive"

Last edited:
So you guys have been ok with "race card"?

In this context...

race card
noun

Definition of race card

: the issue of a person's race as it relates to a particular contest (such as a political campaign or a court trial) —often used in the phrase play the race card

First Known Use of race card

play the race card

If someone accuses someone else of playing the race card, they think that person is trying to gain special treatment because of their race.

Cambridge Dictionary

...yes, of course.

There are more than enough examples of someone playing the "race card" for me not to consider it a reality.

Someone does something "wrong".

Instead of addressing the "wrong" act, the person claims that the reason they are held accountable for their actions is because of their race vs accepting accountability for their own actions.

Does more harm to Black people because they actually only care about themselves and makes it easier for others dismiss actual acts of racism.

3000.jpeg

Saying "there are "levels" only serves to diminish the harm that type of rhetoric has on the people on the receiving end. There aren't "levels". There's right and there's wrong.

The whole "levels" rhetoric is for people who want to conveniently downplay one act of bigotry over another. There is clearly a double standard with what offensive comedy is considered acceptable and what isn't. The same people crying "cancel culture" wouldn't be ok with a white comedian making dehumanizing comedy off black stereotypes. People are pretending like they are for a free for all comedy but that simply isn't the case. They are being disingenuous.

The LGBT community is an easy target for the cry cancel culture bigots out there. Now they have black men like Dave chapelle on their side, they feel legitimized. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Can't wait to watch this film in Atlanta! I'm a big fan of his Block Party film so I bet it'll be great!

Dave Chapelle went from being potentially one of the great political comedians of our time to potentially ending up on the wrong side of history.

Dave Chapelle went from being potentially one of the great political comedians of our time to potentially ending up on the wrong side of history.

....man you must hate him so much. I wholeheartedly believe Chappelle's comedy will do as its been doin and age amazingly and become more culturally relevant as time goes on. Like Daphne said as he quoted her from Sticks & Stones "they say you normalized R Kelly by making jokes about it I wonder why they don't say that about how you may be normalizing us for making trans jokes"

Back
Top Bottom