Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
I went to the Cincinnati stop. We had Jeff Ross do a set, then Ronny Chieng from the Daily Show. Doc was incredible, and really tough to watch in some parts. Dave came out after but didn't really do any stand-up. You could tell he was kinda emotional being back "home," so he just talked to us for a while. After that we got Talib Kweli & Hi Tek, Bone Thugs, and Erykah Badu was the surprise guest of honor. Started at 7 and we didn't get out of there until 12:15.

That poem by Ali Sulaiman :pimp:

Last edited:
as i've been saying
a small elite minority attempting to oppose their cultural politics

on the majority of consumers.

dave, himself, is saying he has been canceled

cancel is like woke now, where i got zero clue what it actually means anymore but i know the people now claiming it are full of shh

dave, himself, is saying he has been canceled

cancel is like woke now, where i got zero clue what it actually means anymore but i know the people now claiming it are full of shh

i mean it's pretty obvious, the media consensus is that dave is bad. thus he is "cancelled"

but normal people still like him despite elite cancellation.

I read a lot of opinion pieces about Dave and the closer,
most of them were pretty negative.
That is not a consensus

I read a lot of them being critical of his behavior, most did not paint him as a bad person for it.

From what I saw, the was covered on television news was much more balanced. The more covered the controversy surrounding the special

Add to that places like Fox News, the most popular news network openly phrased him

So maybe your own sample is not representative of the whole population. Acting like it is, is a bit of hyperbole

Just saying

Last edited:
I read a lot of them being critical of his behavior, most did not paint him as a bad person for it.

From what I saw, the was covered on television news was much more balanced. The more covered the controversy surrounding the special

Add to that places like Fox News, the most popular news network openly phrased him

So maybe your own sample is not representative of the whole population. That is a bit of hyperbole, it is not a consensus

Just saying

my bad i was unclear, when i say bad, i meant it in the internet snarky way bad.
not in that Dave was literally a bad person.

i think yes while some reviews are more nuanced than others, they all are mostly on the negative side, with the same themes, combined with the overhyping of the netflix protest stuff.

i think there's a pretty clear elite cultural consensus of dave chappelle as a problematic figure.

1637863192480.png

1637863120519.png

1637862468502.png

1637862484280.png

1637862644962.png

1637862660985.png

1637862694412.png

Attachments

• 1637862767423.png
    1637862767423.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 7
my bad i was unclear, when i say bad, i meant it in the internet snarky way bad.
not in that Dave was literally a bad person.

i think yes while some reviews are more nuanced than others, they all are mostly on the negative side, with the same themes, combined with the overhyping of the netflix protest stuff.

i think there's a pretty clear elite cultural consensus of dave chappelle as a problematic figure.

1637863192480.png

1637863120519.png

1637862468502.png

1637862484280.png

1637862644962.png

1637862660985.png

1637862694412.png
I don't

Consensus means general agreement on the issue in the media

Now it is an elite consensus :rolleyes

Dude writers write.

I don't think the fact there was a lot of people being critical of Dave doesn't mean the other side didn't exist

Plus, not every negative criticism were the same

Think you are reaching here a bit

Last edited:
none of this is new

this the same damn thing as:

The biggest comedian in the world is independently touring his documentary across America.
it currently does not have distribution. The reviews for it are strong from what I've seen.

according to dave he's been disinvited from film festivals.

pre trans controversy I promise you, there is bidding war for the distribution rights.

what accounts for this?

The biggest comedian in the world is independently touring his documentary across America.
it currently does not have distribution. The reviews for it are strong from what I've seen.

according to dave he's been disinvited from film festivals.

pre trans controversy I promise you, there is bidding war for the distribution rights.

what accounts for this?

are you finding it hard to hear from dave or see his work?

what's going happen if i go on netflix and search dave chappelle?

his best buddy joe rogan has a huge platform.. if dave wanted to go full heel, there would be a whole bunch of platforms that would be lined right up to give him a platform

there are a ton of comedians/artists that have prolonged their careers or cashed out catering to certain deplorable groups

there is a reason netflix aint taking down any of his work

Dave said that how he likes it though?

Why should I feel bad for the dude when he was smugly bragging about being canceled on stage?

If someone pokes a beehive saying they can't do anything to him, then gets stung and complains about it hurting. I'm not gonna feel bad for them either

Last edited:
are you finding it hard to hear from dave or see his work?

what's going happen if i go on netflix and search dave chappelle?

dude you keep missing the point. no one is saying Dave Chappelle has been deleted from existence.
Yes it is very difficult to totally delete from existence THE MOST FAMOUS COMEDIAN ON THE PLANET EARTH.

a small elite minority that have outsized influence in cultural institutions canceling Dave.
Dave is powerful enough to overcome it, but it doesn't mean it's not a real phenomenon.

surviving an attempted murder doesn't mean no crime was committed. :lol:

his best buddy joe rogan has a huge platform.. if dave wanted to go full heel, there would be a whole bunch of platforms that would be lined right up to give him a platform

there are a ton of comedians/artists that have prolonged their careers or cashed out catering to certain deplorable groups

there is a reason Netflix aint taking down any of his work

what does full heel even mean?

This is what I mean, you've absorbed these cultural politics so you want to believe that Dave is somehow way outside of the mainstream
that he must be catering to "deplorable" groups of people

when in reality Dave is catering to the vast majority normal everyday people who think it's fine for comedians to offend or crude/insensitive things.

majority is a strong word

i'm simply pointing out the obvious.. there are large amounts of people who want a certain type of content..

if dave choose to he could lean into all of this even more so than he already has and make a crap ton more money

if dave is actually canceled as he has often claimed to be, there are a shh ton of people out there that are more than willing to keep him extremely wealthy

joe rogan has a large fan base, that doesnt mean his fan base consist of the majority of americans.. hell, trump has a large fan base and he has far from the majority of americans

surviving an attempted murder doesn't mean no crime was committed. :lol:

you really comparing this dude getting called out for saying something disrespectful while capitalizing off of the situation to someone who has their life legitimately threatened

no wonder you on these BS arguments

So apparently made an appearance at his old High Schools and it was sort of a **** show ...

Again, this is just about Dave's feelings.

Back
Top Bottom