Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
....man you must hate him so much. I wholeheartedly believe Chappelle's comedy will do as its been doin and age amazingly and become more culturally relevant as time goes on. Like Daphne said as he quoted her from Sticks & Stones "they say you normalized R Kelly by making jokes about it I wonder why they don't say that about how you may be normalizing us for making trans jokes"

Lol hate isn't the word I'd use, more like disappointed. He is aligning himself with public opinions that will not age well. Carlin had controversial topics but he wasn't going after people who have zero political power eg. The church.

Not sure why you brought R Kelly into this lol. People love reaching for analogies that make no sense when it comes to the LGBT community

Dave Chapelle went from being potentially one of the great political comedians of our time to potentially ending up on the wrong side of history.

I know Dave never gave a **** about that :lol:

Mans purposely stunted his run as the best comedian for his principles and feelings. Being seen as a great political comedian or on the wrong side doesn't matter.

This is kinda what happens when the masses elevate someone to a level the person never asked for. And its kinda happening again to Dave.

Yea im not buying the Dave doesn't give a f pitch from his supporters. Dude quit comedy for a while because he DID care what people thought about him and his comedy. Ironically the same people he was worried about are his biggest supporters right now.
He quit comedy because of what he thought about his comedy and how it was normalizing things with the ppl he worked with. He was afraid of the potential affect the show was having that ppl were not aware of. That's what he cared about. It had nothing to do with what others thought about it but what it may have been doing.

NOBODY was questioning whether Chappelle show was doing what Dave was worried about. It was a complete shock when he left the show before s3 was finished.

Also I said Dave doesn't care about being a "great political comedian" or being seen as on the wrong side. If he did he would've never so confidently and so openly expressed his opinion like a ton of other famous ppl who we don't know where they stand on issues cuz they don't offer it up and nobody asks them. Its what leaves supporters to just assume that person they like agrees with what they think.

As for his biggest supporters right now, pretty sure his stance on that is the same as the last time.

I brought up R Kelly because thats what Daphne said to Dave. I dont think you've watched a single one of these specials if you don't remember that part it was said in the Q&A after Sticks & Stones. All Dave is really doing is pushing the convo and in a roundabout way normalizing trans folks because he jokes about them. They aren't some boogeyman elephant in the room to act like its not there or they'll getcha type stuff(even though that is exactly what they're doing). He keeps it respectful but does take light jabs at everyone. He actually calls them their respective pronouns and has said many times he has no problem with them. I dont know how you dont get that if you been following all his specials its clear as day. One thing I'll say is he is right because here we are talking about LGBTQ mainly Trans issues when his specials have covered so much more than that. But what does the media seem to only cover & spin? Only the lgbtq sh*t.

Lol I've watched all his specials. Until trans people get the same respect and dignity we all get in society, he will always look like he is attacking the underdog. An unforeseen consequence of his ignorance is convincing people there aren't social ramifications of his rhetoric.

He quit comedy because of what he thought about his comedy and how it was normalizing things with the ppl he worked with. He was afraid of the potential affect the show was having that ppl were not aware of. That's what he cared about. It had nothing to do with what others thought about it but what it may have been doing.

NOBODY was questioning whether Chappelle show was doing what Dave was worried about. It was a complete shock when he left the show before s3 was finished.

Also I said Dave doesn't care about being a "great political comedian" or being seen as on the wrong side. If he did he would've never so confidently and so openly expressed his opinion like a ton of other famous ppl who we don't know where they stand on issues cuz they don't offer it up and nobody asks them. Its what leaves supporters to just assume that person they like agrees with what they think.

As for his biggest supporters right now, pretty sure his stance on that is the same as the last time.

My point is he clearly cares what people think of him and he chose to cater to a certain demographic of bigots in this country.

My point is he clearly cares what people think of him and he chose to cater to a certain demographic of bigots in this country.
That's an incorrect interpretation. Your point is wrong.

Approaching this from Dave is looking to cater to a specific group is where your whole take on this is wrong.

Also if you believed that there'd be nothing ironic about it. It'd just be hypocrisy and a clear contradiction to Dave's previous stance.

That's an incorrect interpretation. Your point is wrong.

Approaching this from Dave is looking to cater to a specific group is where your whole take on this is wrong.

Also if you believed that there'd be nothing ironic about it. It'd just be hypocrisy and a clear contradiction to Dave's previous stance.

Yea Dave if your boy you're going to think that but his actions say otherwise. Dude went all the way to Africa because he cared

....man you must hate him so much. I wholeheartedly believe Chappelle's comedy will do as its been doin and age amazingly and become more culturally relevant as time goes on. Like Daphne said as he quoted her from Sticks & Stones "they say you normalized R Kelly by making jokes about it I wonder why they don't say that about how you may be normalizing us for making trans jokes"
I'm not really looking forward to a future where "sprinkle some crack on him Johnson" is still culturally relevant.

I'm not really looking forward to a future where "sprinkle some crack on him Johnson" is still culturally relevant.

Jokes like this were hilarious because it was satire. He was for the underdog. Now him and every MAGA trash are crying about how they can't do the same to trans and gay people.

It is, it aint the sprinkle crack on him Johnson thats just the punchline. The overall message is police brutality toward black people, framing/killing black people by saying they were drug addled(literally what they tried to do with George Floyd) or slipping drugs on them to justify an arrest, stop and frisk, not believing they are who they say they are "he's still here! Apparently, this n-word put pictures of himself up on the walls" that's literally what happened to Botham Jean with that Amber Guyger case and she got a lesser sentence, the many instances of the cops being called on black people tryin to get to their apartment and a white person not believing they live there. That whole bit is still super relevant.

Lol he personally told you why and how he quit the chapelle show and ran to Africa? Or does that just fit your agenda?
He publicly told us all.

Again why are you making things up contrary to what Dave himself has said? It doesn't make sense when this was all very publicized and you can easily google it.

And exactly what is my agenda? :lol: Disagreeing and pointing out the false things you're saying?

It is, it aint the sprinkle crack on him Johnson thats just the punchline. The overall message is police brutality toward black people, framing/killing black people by saying they were drug addled(literally what they tried to do with George Floyd) or slipping drugs on them to justify an arrest, stop and frisk, not believing they are who they say they are "he's still here! Apparently, this n-word put pictures of himself up on the walls" that's literally what happened to Botham Jean with that Amber Guyger case and she got a lesser sentence, the many instances of the cops being called on black people tryin to get to their apartment and a white person not believing they live there. That whole bit is still super relevant.
Exactly.

I don't want the kind of future in which this is still happening.

He publicly told us all.

Again why are you making things up contrary to what Dave himself has said? It doesn't make sense when this was all very publicized and you can easily google it.

And exactly what is my agenda? :lol: Disagreeing and pointing out the false things you're saying?

On the real I really don't think that guy has seen a full Chappelle special that wasn't For What Its Worth, Killin' Them Softly or Chappelle's Show. Chappelle has said on numerous occasions why he left, the catalyst for him leaving and how the media tried to paint him as crazy and smoking crack for doing as such. Now the media is painting him as some ultra ignorant conservative transphobe and homophobe. He's played this game before. History is literally repeating itself but this time he has leverage and has gone on to explain throughly his whole thought process & perspective on everything he's talked about throughout 5 different specials and numerous online clips you can easily youtube.

Anyone went to his film premiere and performance? I'm hearing it was incredible from friends who went in Atlanta and NYC. Regret not going.

Anyone went to his film premiere and performance? I'm hearing it was incredible from friends who went in Atlanta and NYC. Regret not going.

I went to the Atlanta one. It was amazing. There were 4 standup acts w/ Jeff Ross opening and I think he does comedians native to the city so he brought out Finnesse Mitchell and Chris Tucker. They had the whole crowd gut busting. After that they show the film which covers what happened w/ Chappelle hosting the venue and multiple shows he made in Yellow Springs during covid. After the film Chappelle does his stand up for like 20 minutes then he brings out live music acts for that show it was Usher, T-Pain, Lil John, 2chainz, 21 Savage, TI, Young Jeezy & Monica. Its really a whole vibe.

I went to the Atlanta one. It was amazing. There were 4 standup acts w/ Jeff Ross opening and I think he does comedians native to the city so he brought out Finnesse Mitchell and Chris Tucker. They had the whole crowd gut busting. After that they show the film which covers what happened w/ Chappelle hosting the venue and multiple shows he made in Yellow Springs during covid. After the film Chappelle does his stand up for like 20 minutes then he brings out live music acts for that show it was Usher, T-Pain, Lil John, 2chainz, 21 Savage, TI, Young Jeezy & Monica. Its really a whole vibe.
Phenomenal, would've loved to see Chris Tucker. MSG had Fat Joe and Busta perform as well I heard.

I went to the Cincinnati stop. We had Jeff Ross do a set, then Ronny Chieng from the Daily Show. Doc was incredible, and really tough to watch in some parts. Dave came out after but didn't really do any stand-up. You could tell he was kinda emotional being back "home," so he just talked to us for a while. After that we got Talib Kweli & Hi Tek, Bone Thugs, and Erykah Badu was the surprise guest of honor. Started at 7 and we didn't get out of there until 12:15.

Back
Top Bottom