Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Were there gracious admissions of wrongness, apologies, and steps towards being a better person after the accusations of homophobia during the jussie situation?

Or did people move onto new accusations?

It's totally other people's rights to be offended, I just don't have to also be offended in order to "support" social justice

Imagine you walk in, your wife tells you "your kid is back from the dave chappelle fundraiser
"and is crying in his room."

you go inside

"whats wrong? what happened"
"I....i....i..heckled a comedian...and he made a joke about meeeeeeeee waaaaaaaaa"

the shame i would feel. :lol:
I certainly wouldn't leak it to the Washington post.

partially, but the kids literally yelled "your jokes kill" :lol:

my point is you can't call people transphobic, or bigots, and then chortle
"whose the snow flake now???" when they respond. :lol:
16 year old HD students are not activist

What you said is not the only criticism being made of Dave.

Dave smugly bragged he was enjoying being cancelled then when it started to effect the distribution of his movie, he started to whine about it

Dave tries to stunt on his critics one second like they can't do anything to him, then complain when some negative happens

So yeah, you are just doing the usual of being charitable to Dave, and uncharitable to anyone that disagrees with him

Imagine you walk in, your wife tells you "your kid is back from the dave chappelle fundraiser

you go inside

"I....i....i..heckled a comedian...and he made a joke about meeeeeeeee waaaaaaaaa"

or you sent your child to school and an adult goes up on stage and has a melt down drops the N word and starts insulting children

me and the school going have a problem and why the hell would I care who I or anyone else leak that shh to

he decided showing up at my child’s school as an adult and acting the way he did was smart, what the hell am I covering for his actions

you as a parent are not teaching your child/children the right lessons if you think any of that is acceptable

you go inside

This actually happened?

16 year old HD students are not activist

What you said is not the only criticism being made of Dave.

Dave smugly bragged he was enjoying being cancelled then when it started to effect the distribution of his movie, he started to whine about it

Dave tries to stunt on his critics one second like they can't do anything to him, then complain when some negative happens

So yeah, you are just doing the usual of being charitable to Dave, and uncharitable to anyone that disagrees with him

there were plenty of activist calling him transphobic,
and there were plenty of activist implying his comedy will lead to dead trans women.
i didn't claim this was the "only" criticism of Dave.

im not being charitable to Dave, you can disagree with Dave think he's wrong,
it doesn't really change the point im making.

you make strong claims about people and then criticize people when they respond to those claims,
is silly and disingenuous.

I sure wish Black folk held the same protected status that these other groups are so graciously given.

you might want to google why Roseanne was actually canceled

hell look at what finally got Donald sterling up out the point

obviously there are still significant issues, but at the very least there are clear lines with regard to even black people in the US.. still a long way to go.. but things ain’t as bad as certain other groups

From my observation, he’s been very intentional about what he says and why, and EXPECTS negative reaction.

Does he?

His purpose IS for us to question him (and ourselves).

Is it?

Because

There seems to be a lot of projecting when it comes to who is/isn't justified in expressing disagreement with what public figures say, to the point where we have to invent strawmen to feel justified in our position.

and there were plenty of activist implying his comedy will lead to dead trans women.

you make strong claims about people and then criticize people when they respond to those claims,

deal with Dave showing up to the high school and talking to children

or you sent your child to school and an adult goes up on stage and has a melt down drops the N word and starts insulting children

me and the school going have a problem and why the hell would I care who I or anyone else leak that shh to

he decided showing up at my child’s school as an adult and acting the way he did was smart, what the hell am I covering for his actions

you as a parent are not teaching your child/children the right lessons if you think any of that is acceptable

you sound like the conservative parent mad their kid had to read Beloved and had nightmares. :lol:

How can you honestly say this when you just created a hypothetical scenario where you would feel ashamed of your own child because Dave hurt their feelings? :lol:

well that was mostly for the lulz. :lol:

but the specific argument, " if make strong claims about a person, I disengeous to criticize them for the act of responding"
has nothing to do with how charitably or uncharitably you treat Dave's position.

even if you totally disagree with him and think that he's wrong in every respect.
it doesn't refute the point im making.

you sound like the conservative parent mad their kid had to read Beloved and had nightmares. :lol:

nah.. I send my child to school to learn

if I want to take them to a movie, concert or comedy show, cool.. hell a sporting event.. you know what you’re showing up and signing up for, to a degree

but my expectation of any speaker showing up to their school is to hopefully educate my child.. when they have questions, to constructively engage with my child and his classmates

I never denied there were activists calling him transphobic. Would you like to point out where I did?

I just said there was criticism of Dave outside of what you said.

You keep doing this thing where somehow, you get credit for things you didn't say. You made the hot take, I responded to it. It is that simple

The existence of other takes on Dave's actions, who is giving them, and the context of why people are mocking Dave's response to the criticism all matter, and all undercut your point.

Dave is the one giving off this "I'm unbothered" energy one second, then whining when the blowback comes

Again, I'm not gonna feel sorry for the person that kicked the beehive after they got stung

I think you are the one being disingenuous right now

nah.. I send my child to school to learn

if I want to take them to a movie, concert or comedy show, cool.. hell a sporting event.. you know what you’re showing up and signing up for, to a degree

but my expectation of any speaker showing up to their school is to hopefully educate my child.. when they have questions, to constructively engage with my child and his classmates

if you send them to the Dave Chappelle event, and your child hears some salty language,
I think you knew what you were signing up for. :lol:

How can you honestly say this when you just created a hypothetical scenario where you would feel ashamed of your own child because Dave hurt their feelings? :lol:
Mans right hyperbole out of one side of his mouth, then complaining about people doing too much out of the other

When you point that out "I'm just joking". Bruh :lol:

Last edited:
if you send them to the Dave Chappelle event, and your child hears some salty language,
I think you knew what you were signing up for. :lol:
This is amazing

Earlier this week you talked about parents should have control over what goes on in public schools

Parents object to something that happened in relation to a public school, and your vitriol is for .......checks notes........ the parents :rofl:

Last edited:
From the Politico article, seems like the parent's main issue with Dave was him using the n-word

Which seems fair given it was an event for high school students

Back
Top Bottom