Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
I never denied there were activists calling him transphobic. Would you like to point out where I did?

I just said there was criticism of Dave outside of what you said.

You keep doing this thing where somehow, you get credit for things you didn't say. You made the hot take, I responded to it. It is that simple

The existence of other takes on Dave's actions, who is giving them, and the context of why people are mocking Dave's response to the criticism all matter, and all undercut your point.

Dave is the one giving off this "I'm unbothered" energy one second, then whining when the blowback comes

Again, I'm not gonna feel sorry for the person that kicked the beehive after they got stung

I think you are the one being disingenuous right now

Is he though?
He released an entire comedy special he goes through great pains to try to explain he's not transphobic.
and even does a whole I have trans friends routine, then ends it with lets not make jokes about each other.

yes he said "twitter is not a real place"
but I did get the sense that he does not care about his public reputation or that he's unbothered by the idea people think he's transphobic
he seems very clearly bothered by it.

or you sent your child to school and an adult goes up on stage and has a melt down drops the N word and starts insulting children

me and the school going have a problem and why the hell would I care who I or anyone else leak that shh to

he decided showing up at my child’s school as an adult and acting the way he did was smart, what the hell am I covering for his actions

you as a parent are not teaching your child/children the right lessons if you think any of that is acceptable

:lol: @ meltdown

that tweet with screen caps from that article would lead someone to believe that he “bombed” his appearance at the school. Full article says that he specifically sought discontent during the Q+A portion and that there many actually mad that they didn’t get to speak in support.

i also know there were 500+ kids from Duke Ellington at that show on Tuesday and they let out a loud roar when he shouted them out. Doesn’t seem like the majority of the student body or their parents are up in arms.

This is amazing

Earlier this week you talked about parents should have control over what goes on in public schools

Parents object to something that happened in relation to a public school, and your vitriol is for .......checks notes........ the parents :rofl:
what is amazing?

yeah they should,

and if the parents sign up to have dave chappelle speak at the school,
i don't feel bad if they hear some salty language. :lol:

if you send them to the Dave Chappelle event, and your child hears some salty language,
I think you knew what you were signing up for. :lol:

if it’s a dave chappelle event, I know to a degree what I am getting myself and child into

if it’s school related event I expect him not to drop N bombs or start insulting children

Is he though?
He released an entire comedy special he goes through great pains to try to explain he's not transphobic.
and even does a whole I have trans friends routine, then ends it with lets not make jokes about each other.

yes he said "twitter is not a real place"
but I did get the sense that he does not care about his public reputation or that he's unbothered by the idea people think he's transphobic
he seems very clearly bothered by it.
Yes, he is bothered

Like a said a dozen times, Dave is just an ole head in his feelings. It is always about his feelings for Dave

The time he dedicated in his last special wasn't about any solid principles regarding censorship, just airing his grievances with people that hurt his feelings

But he thumbs his nose at his critics all the time, claims Twitter is not real, joked about being a TERF, that he loves being canceled. Acting like the people that piss him off can't affect his world. He tries to act smugly unbothered

But that is clearly not true, he is

That is why I don't feel sorry for dude. That is why I think it is fair game for people to mock his reaction to the backlash

He agitated it, he mocked it, now he got an issue dealing with it

Last edited:
Screenshot_20211126-083530.png

Yes, he is bothered

Like a said a dozen times, Dave is just an ole head in his feelings. It is always about his feelings for Dave

The time he dedicated in his last special wasn't about any solid principles regarding censorship, just airing his grievances with people that hurt his feelings

But he thumbs his nose at his critics all the time, claims Twitter is not real, joked about being a TERF, that he loves being canceled. Acting like the people that piss him off can't affect his world. He tries to act smugly unbothered

But that is clearly not true, he is

That is why I don't feel sorry for dude. That is why I think it is fair game for people to mock his reaction to the backlash

He agitated it, he mocked it, now he got an issue dealing with it

well i don't so much feel bad for dave, he's rich he'll be fine.
it's more that I hate the ideology of his critics more than I love dave. :lol:

Dave Chappelle, one of the foremost philosophers and monologists of our time, let a bunch of run of the mill high schoolers get him so flustered that he defended himself by saying he was more famous than them

You have to admit that's a very funny thing :lol:

Dave Chappelle, one of the foremost philosophers and monologists of our time, let a bunch of run of the mill high schoolers get him so flustered that he defended himself by saying he was more famous than them

You have to admit that's a very funny thing :lol:
I gotta imagine the whole thing was a lot funnier and light hearted than the article tried to make it seem

:lol: it’s Dave Chappelle

they hear that **** every day.
It is also a speaker at a high school

At kinds of people speak at schools, It is kinda understood you gotta watch your language on that sort of stuff

I have spoken at schools and they warned me to watch my language even though the students might get outta pocket and not watch theirs. Them kids were so mean too :smh:

Dave has given tons of interviews where he has watched it languaged, so it is fair for a parent to expect that behavior not Dave on stage

Also, it was a couple of parents that gave comments. You're always gonna have some parents that don't play that

Last edited:
I saw his film about two weeks ago. Went in not knowing what to expect and came out surprised. It was really good.

It is also a speaker at a high school

At kinds of people speak at schools, It is kinda understood you gotta watch your language on that sort of stuff

I have spoken at schools and they warned me to watch my language even though the students might get outta pocket and not watch theirs. Them kids were so mean too :smh:

Dave has given tons of interviews where he has watched it languaged, so it is fair for a parent to expect that behavior not Dave on stage

Also, it was a couple of parents that gave comments. You're always gonna have some parents that don't play that

So basically no liberal conjecture and innuendo?

Back
Top Bottom