Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
I'm washed. What the hell is a nimby?
No In My Back Yard

Basically, people who kill projects involving: affordable housing, multifamily apartments, public transportation, homeless shelters, duplexes, modern climate change friendly improvements to homes, and a bunch of other stuff from being done in the towns and cities because they don't want to live near minorities, poor people, want to protect their home values, or they don't want any changes done to the neighborhood

It is mostly rich, affluent, and upper-middle-class people that are the worse offenders.

Usually, if there is an effort to make a place more affordable for more people to live there, there will be a group of folk that want to kill it for "reasons"

NIMBYISM is a major driver of segregation and inequality

So Dave Chapelle is a Nimby piece of **** too :smh:

Finally found something osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh will criticize him for :lol:

I just saw that, he's now dead to me. :lol:

NIMBY -ism is brain poison,

it shocks me everyday how people will abandon all their stated principles
so they can pull up the ladder behind them, it's nasty.

ontario just announced the results of their affordable housing task force.
of course they recommend ending single family zoning.

and you see big city progressive city councillors and conservative exurban mayors

form like voltron to oppose any hint of new development. :smh:

I just saw that, he's now dead to me. :lol:

NIMBY -ism is brain poison,

it shocks me everyday how people will abandon all their stated principles
so they can pull up the ladder behind them, it's nasty.

ontario just announced the results of their affordable housing task force.
of course they recommend ending single family zoning.

and you see big city progressive city councillors and conservative exurban mayors

form like voltron to oppose any hint of new development. :smh:
I knew this would do it. Welcome to club famb.
predator-handshake.gif

If this is suppose to be a defense of Dave, I must be missing something or Vick needs to do better. Because this makes Dave look worse.

Here is what the article
Oberer Homes can move forward with a new development in Yellow Springs, but without an affordable housing component initially promised to the village, after council voted against the village’s own plan Monday night.

The village and Oberer had worked together to produce a plan that would include duplexes and affordable housing along with single-family homes in a 53-acre area along Spillan Road at the south edge of town.

The village initially asked for the development to advance affordable housing in the village, including an area that the village would later be able to develop into affordable housing, as well as more duplexes and townhomes.

But Monday night, after complaints from numerous residents, village council voted 2-2 with one abstention on the revised “planned unit development” zoning.

That means the zoning reverts to what was previously approved, with 143 single-family homes on the lot, with the homes starting at about $300,000, according to village documents. The village annexed about 34 acres of the land into the village last summer.

The development that council voted on Monday night would have included 64 single-family homes, 52 duplexes and 24 townhomes with an additional 1.75 acres to be donated to the community for affordable housing to be built later. Here a memo from Yellow Springs village council president describing the housing plans (PDF).

Multiple Yellow Springs villagers, including entertainer Dave Chappelle, got involved against the project. Chappelle even threatened to pull his business interests from the village, which include a plan for a restaurant called “Firehouse Eatery” and comedy club called “Live from YS.” Chappelle’s company, Iron Table Holdings LLC, bought the former Miami Twp. fire station at 225 Corry St. in December.

Chappelle repeated his threat again on Monday night in the city council meeting.

“I am not bluffing,” he said. “I will take it all off the table.”

Other villagers cited concerns with traffic flow, problems with a proposed homeowner’s association and issues with water management, but several villagers said they also felt that council had not included them in the process with Oberer.

One resident, Matthew Kirk, a member of the citizen’s board who worked on the project, said he was initially excited but his view later “soured.” He argued that the plan was really two projects rather than one: a single-family home development next to a condo development.

“I think it’s important to kind of understand the framing and also understand how those products attract different homebuyers,” Kirk said.

Two council members, Brian Housh and Marianne McQueen, voted for the revised project mixing homes, duplexes and townhomes. Council members Carmen Brown and Lisa Kreeger voted against the project. Kevin Stokes, who lives near the project and has previously stated he opposes the project, recused himself because he felt he had a personal interest in the vote.

-There was a mixed-used plan

-Which was single-family homes, multifamily, and affordable housing to come later

-That plan was killed, and now what is going through is just the single-family. So less housing is being built due to bad zoning laws.

-Which is bad. One of the main drivers of rising housing costs is lack of supply. The mixed-use plan that would provide the most supply, was killed. That means the market price of housing in the area will be higher than it otherwise would have been.

-People can try to **** on the multifamily units as luxury condos (which is really just meant nice apartments), but those also lower the market price in a region because again, it all has to do with housing supply.

-By the looks of it there was no third plan with just multifamily units. Which would have been the most affordable option.

-Look like Dave allied with people dropping dog whistles too. To kill the better plan.

That Vick dude seems to not understand the fundamentals of housing policy. Like if have wanted more affordable housing, well he helped get the worse possible outcome regarding the development going forward. If he was against the entire development, then he was for a plan worse than what now happening.

So Dave is either a NIMBY dummy, or NIMBY scumbag. This hardly makes him look any better.

But again, maybe there is some info I don't know about. Because nothing in this story makes him look good.

Last edited:
Why do yall act surprised?

He referenced driving his Porsche amidst poor people in his skits

Classism is very real in this country

Just like liberals in large metropolitan cities across the country throw a fit when inner city kids are allowed into the same schools as their children

I don't think nimbyism should not be understood as simple classism. Classism is definitely a part of it but it can also involve a lot of other forces combining together.

People do in relative the same or close economic classes to it to one another

Racial solidarity routinely fails to overcome it

It crosses, racial, class, political, and geographical lines

Like osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh said, it is brain poison

Just like Twitter, above me is a think piece written by someone who only read the initial tweet. Not defending anybody, just wish y'all would read before speaking more often.

I literally posted the entire article, highlighted parts of it, a broke down why what Dave did was bad. But whatever :lol:

The community wants truly affordable housing, so they killed a mixed-used plan and now they get something even worse

That is a classic NIMBY trope. Swearing you favor something while making matters worse

If you just wanted to throw a jab at me, I'm sure you could do better than this

If Dave and the people that swear they are for affordable housing get the developers to build strictly dense multifamily housing

Then I will take back everything I said and applaud Dave

If he really does pulls out all investment out of protest for lack of dense affordable housing. I will applaud that too

But by the looks of it, the opposite is happening now in regards to what is being built

Chappelle is Yang Gang, not Bernie Bro. He don't give a damn about affordable housing. This guy said healthcare is cool but people need to buy groceries (re: UBI). That's what the food stamp program is for, Dave, which your boy would've took off the table, along with other social services, for low income folks who chose his diabolical UBI plan, leaving them no better off in the short or long run. Sick and tired of rich capitalist jerks acting like they know policy. They hate poor people, trans people, and defend racism... stop caping for these bigots!!!!

Just being a New Yorker, developers and politicians love throwing that “affordable housing” term around a lot. And usually, it’s some ********. I’m not saying that Chappelle is wrong or not but I’m skeptical of this “affordable housing”. It’s usually a way to push through new developments quicker. NYC is full of “affordable housing”.

The upcoming specials — which will be hosted and executive produced by the controversial comedian — are packaged as a series dubbed Chappelle's Home Team. Each will spotlight a different comic.

The first — which will air Feb. 28 — will feature Earthquake, who dubs himself "the comedian's favorite comedian." Another will highlight Donnell Rawlings, who has previously been on Chappelle's Show and Joe Rogan's podcast.

:lol: Kinda sad folks not recognizing how NIMBY stuff works. Surprising given they're watching the same play with the CRT, old school racism/classism packaged as something else so it seems more noble. Not to exclude developers being shady though, but sometimes it's both.

Lol ofcourse Dave chapelle aligns himself with a POS like Joe Rogan. When people show you who they are.....

Cancel culture is a cry for help by problematic men, especially white men, who yearn for a time when they could do or say whatever they wanted without resistance or consequences. Aka MAGA culture.

Back
Top Bottom