Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
I promise the last thing I want everyone to know I’m concerned about as a male teacher is a teenagers sexuality.

Please don’t add any more jobs to my plate. These are my students not my KIDS.

RAISE YOUR OWN KIDS. If a child tells me his name is fork imma call him fork. It’s really not that deep.

So if an 18-year-old does it

If they would like to be referred to with gender-neutral pronouns, I need to just tell them no and pick up their phone and call their parents?

18 year old is an adult,
I still think you should personally, but to me it's not the same as dealing with children.

who legally can't consent to things without my says so.

I promise the last thing I want everyone to know I’m concerned about as a male teacher is a teenagers sexuality.

Please don’t add any more jobs to my plate. These are my students not my KIDS.

RAISE YOUR OWN KIDS. If a child tells me his name is fork imma call him fork. It’s really not that deep.

i didn't say anything about anyone sexuality.

not telling them about benign thing that happened is one thing.

but actively deciding to change the name and gender identity of a child is another.
you're taking a specific action and the entire school is taking part in it.

I just don't see how that's appropriate.
You my guy but I wouldn't trust you to make that decision for my kid.
Your problem is that you are not considering that there is nuance to the situation. That comes afterward

Not every situation will be alike

And instead of recognizing that from the jump, you reach for some extreme example to label people's views insane

Does a teacher really want to be the reason one of their students ends up homeless/beaten up because of their orientation? Not all parents take this kind of news the right way.

Your problem is that you are not considering that there is nuance to the situation. That comes afterward

Not every situation will be alike

And instead of recognizing that from the jump, you reach for some extreme example to label people's views insane

I agree there is nuance, but like do you trust the teacher, to evaluate that nuance for you
it seems like a totally inappropriate insertion of a teacher into the role of parent.

I really can't understand why any parent would trust rando teacher with that decision.

maybe i shouldn't call it insane.
but i legit don't even get the rationale. im shocked that people would really endorse that for their own kids.

Does a teacher really want to be the reason one of their students ends up homeless/beaten up because of their orientation? Not all parents take this kind of news the right way.

How many stories have we seen over the years about LGBTQ people who committed suicide after they were outed?

And to be outed by someone who they clearly trust enough to divulge that aspect of themselves?

Awful

welll I think that's totally insane, and not a decision a teacher should be making.
something told in a therapy session, to a school therapist, depending on the age okay don't disclose.

but the entire school changing your kids name and pronouns and hiding it from you?
that's totally inappropriate.

if you are changing someone's name and pronouns because of gender dysphoria
you are essentially embarking on a psychological treatment plan without the consent of the parents.

that's nuts.

Ok let’s be more specific. What would you do as a teacher if you have a 15 year old female student who’s name is Ashley.

On day 1 of school Ashley comes into class, you do all the introductions, the day 1 ice breakers gets to Ashley and she tells you and the entire class she uses he/they pronouns and goes by Adam.

Are you as a teacher going to reject that and continue to call the student Ashley or the name and pronouns the student prefers?

Whatever you do is going to set the tone for the entire class.

Ok let’s be more specific. What would you do as a teacher if you have a 15 year old female student who’s name is Ashley.

On day 1 Ashley comes into class, you do all the introductions, the day 1 ice breakers gets to Ashley and she tells you and the entire class she uses he/they pronouns and goes by Adam.

Are you as a teacher going to reject that and continue to call the student Ashley or the name and pronouns the student prefers?

Whatever you do is going to set the tone for the entire class.

im sorry but I don't see you can decide this without contacting the parents.

and i don't think you set the tone, that the class and and school
will engage in a psychological intervention without the consent of the parents.

and also actively hide it from them.

I’m gonna her her Adam and keep it pushing.

No different than any other name. It’s not that deep.

if it's not that deep then say no?

just think if it was cultural.
if a japanese parent thinks its important that their child have a japanese name
and it's an important part of their culture heritage

but the kid wants to go by Timothy, and some white teacher just agrees without asking the parents

if the parent came in and found that you've all change their childs name without telling them
don't you think they'd be rightfully pissed?

I agree there is nuance, but like do you trust the teacher, to evaluate that nuance for you
it seems like a totally inappropriate insertion of a teacher into the role of parent.

I really can't understand why any parent would trust rando teacher with that decision.

maybe i shouldn't call it insane.
but i legit don't even get the rationale. im shocked that people would really endorse that for their own kids.
If my child was doing this, and I found out from someone other than the teacher, I wouldn't be mad at a teacher for not telling me if it didn't contribute to some other issues in the school or classroom.

My first question would be why don't they trust me enough to tell me directly, to tell me first

I expect teachers to teach my kids the curriculum, be respectful to them, protect my kids from danger, and foster a classroom environment for learning

On some level, this reads like teachers need to help make up for the failures of parents.

If my child was doing this, and I found out from someone other than the teacher, I wouldn't be mad at a teacher for not telling me if it didn't contribute to some other issues in the school or classroom.

My first question would be why don't they trust me enough to tell me directly, to tell me first

I expect teachers to teach my kids the curriculum, be respectful to them, protect my kids from danger, and foster a classroom environment for learning

On some level, this reads like teachers need to help make up for the failures of parents.

i don't think it's that simple.

what if the child is autistic, and fixation on gender is a manifestation of that and they aren't actually trans?
what if they are simply gay, and socially transitioning them is going to make harder for them to come to terms with that?
what if they are a young girl going through puberty and their hatred of their gender is internalized misogyny that they would eventually grow out of if you didn't socially transition them?

you don't know if they are bad parents
or the child has a good reason for not telling them
or even if socially transitioning them will be helpful for them in the long run.

i just don't understand why anyone would think a school teacher is qualified to make that decision.
maybe in the context of therapy, with a licensed therapist, I could understand not telling the parent.

but a bunch of teachers engaging in what is essentially a psychological intervention (social transition) without consent?
without knowledge of the child's medical history?

i don't know why a teacher would even feel comfortable making that decision.

im sorry but I don't see you can decide this without contacting the parents.

and i don't think you set the tone, that the class and and school
will engage in a psychological intervention without the consent of the parents.

and also actively hide it from them.

This where I have to disagree because not making a decision in that moment is a decision. One you have already alienated Ashley/Adam that student will already feel like you don't support them or respect them.

Simultaneously you are also telling every other students in that class they also do not have to respect that student's choice of name or pronoun either.

On the flipside what's stopping that student from calling me by my first name everyday? How can I ask for respect when I didn't give it out?

i don't think it's that simple.

what if the child is autistic, and fixation on gender is a manifestation of that and they aren't actually trans?
what if they are simply gay, and socially transitioning them is going to make harder for them to come to terms with that?
what if they are a young girl going through puberty and their hatred of their gender is internalized misogyny that they would eventually grow out of if you didn't socially transition them?

you don't know if they are bad parents
or the child has a good reason for not telling them
or even if socially transitioning them will be helpful for them in the long run.

i just don't understand why anyone would think a school teacher is qualified to make that decision.
maybe in the context of therapy, with a licensed therapist, I could understand not telling the parent.

but a bunch of teachers engaging in what is essentially a psychological intervention (social transition) without consent?
without knowledge of the child's medical history?

i don't know why a teacher would even feel comfortable making that decision.
I just explained to you, that as a teacher I am there to teach, keep them safe, and foster an environment for learning

If something the student does hinders this, I will tell them. If the parents inquire, I will tell them.

Short of that, yes I don't know what is motivating that, I'm guessing. I don't know if my opening my mouth is gonna lead to something bad happening. Like a kid being abused or being kicked out of their home.

So I am not gonna be eager to play informant

But your argument is not functioning like you think it is. The examples you are rolling out all assume a student is either confused and bad things will come from not telling, so they must tell. That is the only rational decision to make

You criticize people for trusting rando teachers to make decisions while saying rando teachers should decide this situation in a certain war.

This where I have to disagree because not making a decision in that moment is a decision. One you have already alienated Ashley/Adam that student will already feel like you don't support them or respect them.

Simultaneously you are also telling every other students in that class they also do not have to respect that student's choice of name or pronoun either.

On the flipside what's stopping that student from calling me by my first name everyday? How can I ask for respect when I didn't give it out?

you aren't their parents.

I expect my kids teacher to teach them to read and do math.
and not engage in amateur psychotherapy without my consent.

i wouldn't let you be my child's therapist or doctor.
i find it really weird that you would take that role on for yourself.

you aren't their parents.

I expect my kids teacher to teach them to read and do math.
and not engage in amateur psychotherapy without my consent.

i wouldn't let you be my child's therapist or doctor.
i find it really weird that you would take that role on for yourself.

I don't think you understand how therapy works.

I just explained to you, that as a teacher I am there to teach, keep them safe, and foster an environment for learning

If something the student does hinders this, I will tell them. If the parents inquire, I will tell them.

Short of that, yes I don't know what is motivating that, I'm guessing. I don't know if my opening my mouth is gonna lead to something bad happening. Like a kid being abused or being kicked out of their home.

So I am not gonna be eager to play informant

But your argument is not functioning like you think it is. The examples you are rolling out all assume a student is either confused and bad things will come from that, so they must tell

play informant is one thing. if a child confides in you i feel gender dysphoria.
tbh I still think you can tell the parent but I can understand how you might not.

but socially transitioning a child and hiding it from the parents, is an act commision that imo you aren't qualified to make

But your argument is not functioning like you think it is. The examples you are rolling out all assume a student is either confused and bad things will come from that, so they must tell

You criticize people for trusting rando teachers to make decisions, while saying rando teachers should decide this situation in a certain war.
im pointing out ways that social transitioning could be a negative.
im not assuming either way, im saying teachers aren't qualified to know.

you know if a child wants to socially transition, and you say no, and you don't tell the parents about the incident
imo i still think you should, but to me that's partially defensible.

it's the act of socially transitioning someone without consent, its totally different thing, than omitting a piece of information.
teachers aren't qualified to make that decision, and tbh I would have to assumed their would be some legal exposure if it does go bad.

Last edited:
I don't think you understand how therapy works.

social transition is psychological intervention.
you want to act like it some trivial decision, that any random teacher is qualified to make.

it's not.

and if you did any psychological intervention to my child without my consent
we'd have a serious problem.

imo you're being way to cavalier about this.

if a child wants to wear a breast binder, that long term use could harm the development of breast tissue.
would hide it from their parents?

if a teenager bought black market hormones and was self medicating
would hide it from their parents?

where is the line?
what interventions can a non doctor participate in without the parents consent.

social transition is psychological intervention.
you want to act like it some trivial decision, that any random teacher is qualified to make.

it's not.

and if you did any psychological intervention to my child without my consent
we'd have a serious problem.

imo you're being way to cavalier about this.

If you have a teenager under your roof and they identify as trans and you don't know you're a bad parent.

That's the real problem you're ignoring.

If you have a teenager under your roof and they identify as trans and you don't know you're a bad parent.

That's the real problem you're ignoring.

im not ignoring anything.

you are not qualified to judge who is and isn't a bad parent.
you are a teacher.

not a doctor
not therapist.
not a psychologist

it's not your place to decide.

if they are bad parents, call child protective services, they can adjudicate that.
but you shouldn't be making decisions that rightfully belong to parents.

im not ignoring anything.

you are not qualified to judge who is and isn't a bad parent.
you are a teacher.

not a doctor
not therapist.
not a psychologist

it's not your place to decide.

if they are bad parents, call child protective services, they can adjudicate that.
but you shouldn't be making decisions that rightfully belong to parents.

Yes they are, because if you don't know either

1. Your child is too scared to tell you for a variety of reasons.
2. Your negligent and don't even notice the kid.

However you cut it bad parent. Pay attention to your kids. Basically what you're saying is a parent has full jurisdiction over a teenagers identity?

You might as well send them to conversion camps.

play informant is one thing. if a child confides in you i feel gender dysphoria.
tbh I still think you can tell the parent but I can understand how you might not.

but socially transitioning a child and hiding it from the parents, is an act commision that imo you aren't qualified to make

im pointing out ways that social transitioning could be a negative.
im not assuming either way, im saying teachers aren't qualified to know.

you know if a child wants to socially transition, and you say no, and you don't tell the parents about the incident
imo i still think you, should but to me that's partially defensible.

it's the act of socially transitioning someone without consent, its totally different thing, than omitting a piece of information.
teachers aren't qualified to make that decision, and tbh I would have to assumed their would be some legal exposure if it does go bad.
This just seems on some level ridiculous to me

Unless I am an elementary school teacher, it is common for middle and high school students to see 5-9 different instructors in a day

Teachers in total at this level have nearly 200 students to look after. This was the case in my situation

So because I honor the request of one student, on strict guidelines, a request multiple other people have to grant, but I as a teacher choosing not to run to the parents is somehow akin to a therapist socially transitioning a child. This is basically what your argument reads like. I'm not hiding anything, if they want to ask me, I will be honest. If at a parent-teacher conference they inquire if anything unusual happens, I will be honest. But I am just not opting into playing snitch on a kid that is not disrupting my classroom because of some sense of responsibility to run and tell the parents something it seems they could easily find out if they were paying attention themselves.

Like if you are a parent of a child doing this, literally hundreds of people have to agree to honor your request and operate in a way that keeps it from getting back to your parents, and at least over a dozen teachers and admins need to as well, at the minimum.

So I dunno, given all that could do worse, I just don't feel it is my place to play snitch to make up for a parent's shortcomings because I am so concerned with how bad honoring the kid's request will be because I assume the worse all the perils of gender theory when it comes to kids.

Home school kids if you don't trust me then...or....or....be a parent your kids feel can tell this stuff.

I have parameters for my job, I intend to stay within them

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom