"Days of Future Past" - New X-Men Movie Release Date (First Class Sequel)

i don't get the jackman bashing. the dude is wolverine. literally. who looks closer to the cartoon version than him? fox is not stupid. jackman is the x-men. you might not like it or agree with it. the dollars coming in is all that matters.

It is a sequel, it seems like most of the film will focus on the past (1st Class) timeline too.

From the reports, the future or casts from X1-X3 (minus Wolverine) only shot their scenes within a month while Jackman is shooting scenes with the 1st Class cast now and they have been shooting them for a quite a bit longer.

So yeah, technically this is still a sequel. My guess is, whatever Logan does in the the 1st Class timeline will change the X1-X3 timeline. What I would like to see if that happens is Cyclops & Jean alive and well and the end has Phoenix being unleashed opening up the door for a true Phoenix Saga film.

Adam West as Batman > Hugh Jackman's career. I hope that dude gets pregnant and never finds the father of his child... EVER.

Op needs to edit the original post, this isn't the sequel to first class.

Isn't it technically the sequel since it will be the movie right after it and has the same characters?

Op needs to edit the original post, this isn't the sequel to first class.

Isn't it technically the sequel since it will be the movie right after it and has the same characters?
technically its a sequel to the xmen films that will
go back and forth between the prequel (first class)

It is a sequel, it seems like most of the film will focus on the past (1st Class) timeline too.

From the reports, the future or casts from X1-X3 (minus Wolverine) only shot their scenes within a month while Jackman is shooting scenes with the 1st Class cast now and they have been shooting them for a quite a bit longer.

So yeah, technically this is still a sequel. My guess is, whatever Logan does in the the 1st Class timeline will change the X1-X3 timeline. What I would like to see if that happens is Cyclops & Jean alive and well and the end has Phoenix being unleashed opening up the door for a true Phoenix Saga film.
I asked and people said this is after x3 and the wolverine?

First class I figured was a completely different thing

Last edited:
In the timeline, it is happening after X3 (8 or 10 years after iirc). In this timeline, it seems the world is a wasteland and the mutants aren't safe because of the Sentinels.

However, the main story is still Logan going back in time to prevent the Sentinels rising and taking over and killing/capturing mutants.

I am not really sure how Singer will shoot and present the film and how many times Wolverine goes back and forth but it is looking like he will start in the wrecked future (8-10yrs after X3) and then go back to 1st Class timeline (70s/80s) where the movie will take place majority of the film. And then show Wolverine going back to a changed future. So the main focus is still on the 1st Class cast but technically, you can also call this an X3 sequel or follow-up.

We might even see 2 Wolverines at the same time in the film since one Jackedverine isn't good enough for some of you. :lol:

This is already starting to get a little confusing. I like time travel to be a little simpler like in Back to the Future.

Anyone else think Christopher Walken would've been a good pick to play the older version of Magneto?

In the timeline, it is happening after X3 (8 or 10 years after iirc). In this timeline, it seems the world is a wasteland and the mutants aren't safe because of the Sentinels.

However, the main story is still Logan going back in time to prevent the Sentinels rising and taking over and killing/capturing mutants.

I am not really sure how Singer will shoot and present the film and how many times Wolverine goes back and forth but it is looking like he will start in the wrecked future (8-10yrs after X3) and then go back to 1st Class timeline (70s/80s) where the movie will take place majority of the film. And then show Wolverine going back to a changed future. So the main focus is still on the 1st Class cast but technically, you can also call this an X3 sequel or follow-up.

We might even see 2 Wolverines at the same time in the film since one Jackedverine isn't good enough for some of you.
laugh.gif
Wouldn't this film take place 12 years after X-3? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't The Wolverine occur 10 years after the "Phoenix Saga" and the end of the film was two years later when he meets up with Magneto and Xavier?

My assumption is that Jean and Cyclops come back at the end with their blue and yellow outfits. Haha.

I hope they don't bring Jean back. Granted she died a few times in the Comics but her final death was significant. Probably the most significant death in comic book history.

Wouldn't this film take place 12 years after X-3? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't The Wolverine occur 10 years after the "Phoenix Saga" and the end of the film was two years later when he meets up with Magneto and Xavier?

The Wolverine happened right after X3, I don't think it is many years after, I think only months apart.

Singer also confirmed DoFP is 10 or so years after X3.

Bryan Singer Reveals How Many Years After X-MEN 3 That DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Takes Place

"It takes place about ten years, give or take, after X-Men 3; and in the past it takes place about ten years after First Class," Singer tells Empire in the latest issue of the magazine.

Back
Top Bottom