DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I think after 2nd infinity war movie is done and marvel has to start rebooting and/or replacing.. and they cut down to 1 or 2 per

Then we see Star Wars go to 2 movies per

So you have 1 of those movies per quarter

It's easy to see how far that Disney reach goes when there's star wars and Marvel discussion for pages in a DC thread :lol:

As far as movies go its Disney and Universal and then everyone else.

The only problem with universal is that they're top heavy. If they can figure out how to release jurassic world and fast furious at the same time every yr they'd give Disney a run for their money lol

Last edited:
I wonder what happens with the fast movies after the family is gone

What else does universal have?

Universal has Jurassic, Despicable, MonsterVerse and Kong/Godzilla when it comes to franchises.

And as someone mentioned before, Secret Life of Pets quietly made $875m.

Two of those are billion dollar franchises.

Last edited:
Original movies?

I mean those still come. These studios ain't going anywhere they come up with something new whenever it comes along

Despicable is going to continue racking up cash.

DM1 - $544m
DM2 - $970m
Minions - $1.2b

Can't imagine it slowing down, kids loves the franchise.

They also got low budget hits like Split that has made $265m on a $9m budget.

Last edited:
Original movies?

I mean those still come. These studios ain't going anywhere they come up with something new whenever it comes along

Was talking franchises.. like the guaranteed.. like Disney can bank on certain things making bank, which gives them room to develop other stuff and take risks

Despicable Me probably also makes bank off the licensed merchandise. Toys, shirts, lunch boxes, Halloween costumes, etc. I see that stuff everywhere. The minions minus whale be green.

The Minions ride at Universal Studios is always packed and the store on the exit has a long line at the cashier. It's insane.

Despicable is going to continue racking up cash.

DM1 - $544m
DM2 - $970m
Minions - $1.2b

Can't imagine it slowing down, kids loves the franchise.

They also got low budget hits like Split that has made $265m on a $9m budget.

I get that.. but how many films can they really get out of it.. they got another one coming.. but can they get to 10 DM/m movies combined

But like Pixar, for example, got multiple things under its umbrella

Last edited:
Was talking franchises.. like the guaranteed.. like Disney can bank on certain things making bank, which gives them room to develop other stuff and take risks

Studios are always taking risks its not like they stopped cause they got franchises.

Also what I'm saying they will soon have to start developing new ones which they will some movie is gonna come and kick start a whole new world

Just looked it up and Secret Life of Pets sequel is due to come out next year too so that's going to become a franchise.

First one made $875m, sequel will likely hit a bil.

But yeah. I don't see the Despicable franchise slowing down after how much minions made.

Last edited:
Fast furious franchise needs to come to and end.

They should just focus on jurassic world franchise and maybe original stories.

Universal is trying to kick off an Avengers style crossover franchise with monsters starting with The Mummy reboot. It remains to be seen how that'll go.

Last edited:
Despicable Me probably also makes bank off the licensed merchandise. Toys, shirts, lunch boxes, Halloween costumes, etc. I see that stuff everywhere. The minions minus whale be green.

Merchandising is huge.. ain't Disney making bank off of the fox marvel movies too in this regard?

Can anyone confirm something for me cause i notice filipinos LOVE minions. All i see is filipinas with minion shirts and dolls

Last edited:
Sing is at $600m too, Illumination is on a roll right now and a sequel is set for December of 2020.

Universal also has solo film right for the Hulk and they probably get a few bucks for lending him to MCU so Universal isn't someone to mess with.

Studios are always taking risks its not like they stopped cause they got franchises.

Also what I'm saying they will soon have to start developing new ones which they will some movie is gonna come and kick start a whole new world

Obviously..

But my point in this is like gambling with house money.. you know you can go into a given year expecting certain movies to make X amount and cover X amount of the expenditures

Everything else is gravy

For example, Disney can keep going with pirates.. and didn't they do Lone Ranger too.. they can give the 100+ mill budget to try get things going easily

Above is why I don't really gamble.. as soon as I win anything, I throw whatever I came in with aside so at least im walking away with what I came in with

Last edited:
Sing is at $600m too, Illumination is on a roll right now and a sequel is set for December of 2020.

Universal also has solo film right for the Hulk and they probably get a few bucks for lending him to MCU so Universal isn't someone to mess with.

Really?

Did not expect that movie to make that much.. I'm trying think what other animated movies I've seen recently that don't fall under Disney or Pixar

DM/minions might be it

Back
Top Bottom