DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Yeah. One of the Tolkien heirs is still holding out on the rights for the Simillarion, essentially a ton of stories from before LOTR. WB is probably holding out until that person does and the next heir doesn't mind getting a ton of money.

I would hold out too after seeing those greedy mf'ers stretch out the hobbit into that boring movie trilogy.

RFX, I could see mission impossible continuing post cruise..

Bourne and wick I think are pretty driven by Damon and keanu.. they tried Bourne with hawkeye, which didn't go great.. I haven't seen the last Bourne with damon

That's why I mentioned it has to be handled correctly but if we're talking Bond-like, then it means its a recast for the main protagonist, Renners character wasn't Jason Bourne so I think that's where many lost interest.

For John Wick, down the line he can definitely be recasted just because it is a mindless action flick for the most part, stick to that formula and get someone like Idris Elba in there and they'd be solid (I know Idris is old and that's why I am saying someone like him but younger down the line).

Despicable is going to continue racking up cash.

DM1 - $544m
DM2 - $970m
Minions - $1.2b

Can't imagine it slowing down, kids loves the franchise.

They also got low budget hits like Split that has made $265m on a $9m budget.

Despicable Me is like Shrek and Ice Age (Could even throw in Madagascar), lightning in a bottle. That franchise isn't stopping with just this next movie. I expect us to get to Despicable Me 5, with the Minions getting 2 more films, plus an animated series at some point.

Sing is at $600m too, Illumination is on a roll right now and a sequel is set for December of 2020.

Universal also has solo film right for the Hulk and they probably get a few bucks for lending him to MCU so Universal isn't someone to mess with.

Really?

Did not expect that movie to make that much.. I'm trying think what other animated movies I've seen recently that don't fall under Disney or Pixar

DM/minions might be it

Really? From the moment I saw Sing's first trailer in theaters, sometime early last year I believe, I knew that film was going to make bank. It's the exact type of film that young kids would love and that their parents could enjoy taking them too.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm something for me cause i notice filipinos LOVE minions. All i see is filipinas with minion shirts and dolls

Lol that's interesting. I can't confirm that for you.. I'm Filipino btw

Hold up, you're Filipino? Last week you were surprised I was Asian. Now I'm surprised. You better not be taking L's on all these movie bets and make our people look bad.

There's a reason I'm winning. All those ppl hustling in Vegas? Asians. [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Last edited:
WB is holding an exclusive presentation of their upcoming slate at Cinema Con this afternoon. They'll probably have some DC stuff. I think CC is closed to the public, but WonderCon is right around the corner. The rest of us will probably get all of that good info this Saturday if we don't hear it today.

Last edited:
Really? From the moment I saw Sing's first trailer in theaters, sometime early last year I believe, I knew that film was going to make bank. It's the exact type of film that young kids would love and that their parents could enjoy taking them too.

Yea.. I just didn't see it with that

Secret,life of pets, I get.. no clue how that did or if that even came out

Yea.. I just didn't see it with that

Secret,life of pets, I get.. no clue how that did or if that even came out

Someone mentioned earlier that Secret Life of Pets made $800 Million+ on a budget of like $70-$75 Million. That's another film where the premise definitely seems like it'd appeal to kids and adults alike. However, unlike Sing, I didn't actually think it looked that great, based on the trailers. With that kind of return I expect it'll get a sequel. And if we're talking about potential sequels/possible franchises, I think that Zootopia's going to get one as well. That actually broke the $1 Billion barrier. I know that Frozen's up for a sequel as it is and Disney loves doing sequels for its successful films anyways, with Finding Nemo just turning one out, so I don't see why Zootopia wouldn't get at least one.

Last edited:
Yah Zootopia is definitely up there, it's just not being discussed because its by Disney and we were looking for potential franchises outside of the mouse company.

Secret Life of Pets is even getting a ride/attraction at Universal Studios so they really see it as a big thing if they plan to have one in their theme park for years/decades to come.

that thing doesn't look too good to me...

edit: just checked and it's 30% at RT

Last edited:
They dropped a spiderman trailer and dudes back to cap vs Im again lol

We have short attention spans

Just to throw it out there,,, both War Machine and the Hulk have been replaced so unless your name is Robert Downey Jr.,,, I wouldn't feel that secure as an actor
laugh.gif

As for DC, wasn't there rumblings that Affleck was ready to jump ship too what with all the behind the scenes drama? Or was that proven false?

Just to throw it out there,,, both War Machine and the Hulk have been replaced so unless your name is Robert Downey Jr.,,, I wouldn't feel that secure as an actor
laugh.gif

As for DC, wasn't there rumblings that Affleck was ready to jump ship too what with all the behind the scenes drama? Or was that proven false?
That was just a rumor. Nothing was substantiated

Back
Top Bottom