DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Didn't realize warner bros had the Harry Potter franchise, they really need to get the DCEU figured and they would be straight

Sing is at $600m too, Illumination is on a roll right now and a sequel is set for December of 2020.

Universal also has solo film right for the Hulk and they probably get a few bucks for lending him to MCU so Universal isn't someone to mess with.

Really?

Did not expect that movie to make that much.. I'm trying think what other animated movies I've seen recently that don't fall under Disney or Pixar

DM/minions might be it

Just looking it up because Dreamworks is the only one that comes to mind and Universal actually bought them out so Captain Underpants coming out this year and the How to Train Your Dragon, Madagascar and Kungfu Panda franchises are theirs now too.

Last edited:
Didn't realize warner bros had the Harry Potter franchise, they really need to get the DCEU figured and they would be straight

Yah they were desperate when HP series ended along with Lord of the Rings so they tried to extend those as much as possible and it is also what triggered the rush of DC films.

I stopped with both Madagascar and king fu panda..

I don't have any kids, so I don't really know.. but I wonder how much legs a singular entity really has once you get past say the 4th film.. like DM I could see 6-7 movies between DM and minions movies.. but after I wonder

Especially if you do a tv show too.. plus the ton of merchandise and exposure that comes with it

Just wonder when that fatigue kicks in

also forgot about Shrek, a new one is announced for 2019

when kids are involved, fatigue takes a good while and merchandise and sponsors pretty much pays for the production cost plus more

Yah they were desperate when HP series ended along with Lord of the Rings so they tried to extend those as much as possible and it is also what triggered the rush of DC films.

They had lord of the rings too?

Warner bros owns new line?

But that's poor planning on their part.. but this has been my grip with the DCEU, should have just stole the marvel playback.. then end of the year develop lord of the rings and Harry Potter movies

I mean I guess they're kinda doing it now (with fantastic beast having a November release).. just the DC side is all I can really speak to..

hobbit movies were terrible, should have been max 2 movies.. but if they control the rights they can do a lot with that world developmental wise

They knew the hobbits weren't gonna be good how you get a trilogy from such a short novel they just wanted the cash with that

when kids are involved, fatigue takes a good while and merchandise and sponsors pretty much pays for the production cost plus more

I mean I get that.. but I just wonder how far a singular group can go

Like with the Madagascar movies, kung fu panda and DM/minions.. guess we'll see

But I get like Star Wars where there is a whole world and so many avenues that can be explored under the same umbrella.. ditto MCU

But like fast and furious, zero clue how much legs that really got.. cause I can't see it like James Bond where it continues to work after don & co pack it up.. you can only up the ante so many times

Fast is done soon. Sucks cause they had the story book ending last go round nothing they do will hit that emotional high like the last

I think they got max 2-3 more films

They knew the hobbits weren't gonna be good how you get a trilogy from such a short novel they just wanted the cash with that

Whoever supported that crap needs to go.. how you get 3 long ***** movies out of that book

That one cartoon movie is exactly what it should have been

Last edited:

I mean I get that.. but I just wonder how far a singular group can go

Like with the Madagascar movies, kung fu panda and DM/minions.. guess we'll see

But I get like Star Wars where there is a whole world and so many avenues that can be explored under the same umbrella.. ditto MCU

But like fast and furious, zero clue how much legs that really got.. cause I can't see it like James Bond where it continues to work after don & co pack it up.. you can only up the ante so many times

it's all calculated risk, they are hoping the Monsterverse would be huge and if the Mummy is a success, that opens it up for a bunch of other films and creates a huge franchise for them

all of them will come to an end but they are looking at creating more and more franchises

But it's not just franchises, they are banking on small budget films too like Pitch Perfect and 50shades or horror flicks like Insidious and Split. They have Dr. Seus' properties, Jurassic is just getting started and believe it or not but F&F franchise is already set for up to 10 with a Rock spinoff being considered.

They have a lot going and I am sure inside the studios they are coming up with more new ideas or looking at their back catalogs are what to remake.

Even James Bond got that fatigue until they rebooted it and made him more gritty and less cheesy. And speaking of James Bond, Sony might lose that franchise soon and don't be surprised if Universal wins the bid for it.

Last edited:
I really wonder who other than marvel or DC characters would be able to pull of a 'bond'.. where the moniker continues on

Stars wars, lord of the rings and Harry Potter would/could/should just move on within the world/universe

I guess Star Trek did reboot with the same characters from before

Planet of the apes has replaced the human leads each movie (no idea on the 3rd)

Lucasfilm is giving fans what they want. It doesn't matter that it's all about the same 5 or 6 topics. That's what sells.

^ It really boils down to this.

I would just love it if a Star Wars movie could be small-scale and deal with something far removed from the main storylines. One of my favourite episodes of Clone Wars was one where we follow a small group of Clone Troopers trying to break into an enemy base that was filled with traps and other aliens trying to kill them. It was "The Raid" basically and that was awesome.

Maybe it's just because I grew up watching the best quality Star Wars that's already been told, but I just can't get myself hyped for a Han Solo prequel film knowing Harrison Ford has done the best iteration of the character already. I don't want these beloved characters ending up like James Bond where the actor is basically expendable.

See, now this is a franchise that gets me hyped outside of the DC, Marvel, SW properties.

The first and second film are such different beasts with Ceasar being the constant presence throughout. We get to see different locations, get to meet interesting characters, see how the world around Ceasar changes, and the action is balls-to-wall with apes firing machine guns.

What more could you ask?

I am not a fan of the guy they got to play Han in the prequel. AT ALL

But beyond they are 2 for 2 with these new movies with Rogue One exceeding most expectations.

All we are saying is they just got started and so far between the two movies and rebels its a bit unfair to say they don't have stories when They've shown and proved so far.

As far as clone wars, that should show you that they can make expanded stories alot of those same people are still on board.

Can anyone confirm something for me cause i notice filipinos LOVE minions. All i see is filipinas with minion shirts and dolls

Lol that's interesting. I can't confirm that for you.. I'm Filipino btw

Hold up, you're Filipino? Last week you were surprised I was Asian. Now I'm surprised. You better not be taking L's on all these movie bets and make our people look bad.

I really wonder who other than marvel or DC characters would be able to pull of a 'bond'.. where the moniker continues on

Stars wars, lord of the rings and Harry Potter would/could/should just move on within the world/universe

I guess Star Trek did reboot with the same characters from before

There aren't really that many iconic characters outside that was mentioned. I can see Bourne and John Wick to keep going if handled well.

I think Lord of the Rings are done for now because Tolkiens family has the rights for the other books.

Harry Potter has 4 more sequels planned already after Fantastic Beasts and since Rowlings writing those screenplays now, they could keep cranking it out as much as they could. They could also adapt the play to another trilogy too.

While not exactly a franchise, I think Nolan is pretty much a lock to do whatever he pleases with WB so that's one of their cashcows, though I am curious show Dunkirk do as it is a departure from his scifi work.

Back
Top Bottom