DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Well the marketing is a big reason why it was a huge success, you had some of the biggest haters in here the weekend of being like damn the hype got me lol

One very interesting stat was the amount of women and people of color who saw the movie and continued to see it after opening weekend. Goes to show that you cast minorities in prominent roles minorities wilk come and support

Plus the movie also had legs late in its run i think he gained in box office one weekend after dropping for four straight weeks.

Last edited:
One very interesting stat was the amount of women and people of color who saw the movie and continued to see it after opening weekend. Goes to show that you cast minorities in prominent roles minorities wilk come and support
POC was definitely a huge factor for SS for sure and I'd say Fast&Furious series kinda paved the way for that (maybe Star Trek to a small degree too?).

But yeah, a lot of hype for SS which resulted in some really awkward sequences.

Fast straight after the fifth. When you talking about doing numbers Internationally people are gonna want to see stared that look alittle like they do.

XXX: Return of Xander Cage took it to a whole other level throwing in Neymar
laugh.gif

They seem very responsive to the criticism. Lighter tone, and maybe its this long to not make the same mistake as BvS in cutting out scenes to better the film

Except BvS needed to be cut to get better. It didn't need to be longer. It dragged enough as it did.

I thought the directors cut was far superior than the theatrical cut. I wish I would have seen the directors cut in theaters, I wouldn't have been mad at sitting an extra 30min for things to feel more complete

Last edited:
I thought the directors cut was far superior than the theatrical cut. I wish I would have seen the directors cut in theaters, I wouldn't have been mad at sitting an extra 30min for things to feel more complete

Exactly how I feel.

Well the marketing is a big reason why it was a huge success, you had some of the biggest haters in here the weekend of being like damn the hype got me lol
not exactly that simple

for me, every david ayers movie i've seen i've enjoyed.. and I figured with what he had done previously with establishing relationships in conflict situations + using the animated movie as a template + the actors they got for the important parts, felt like they fit the roles or at least looked the part

just felt like it would have succeeded like deadpool did, in spite of some lackluster things going on around it

Get Out Director Jordan Peele Could Make Akira Movie, Possible for Flash(?)

The Tracking Board is now reporting that Warner Bros. Pictures. is actively courting Peele to take on their long-in-development adaptation of Katsuhiro Otomo’s Japanese manga Akira.

The last movement on the Akira movie happened in 2015 when Marco J. Ramirez, writer and co-showrunner of Marvel’s Daredevil Season 2, was attached to pen the script. The article points out that both Daniel Espinosa (Life) and David F. Sandberg (Lights Out) were also in the running to direct before Peele set the world on fire with Get Out, a hot button socio political horror movie dealing with race in America. Whether that racial sensitivity could help him navigate whitewashing controversies that have plagued Paramount’s Ghost in the Shell is a talking point, as current thinking dictates that any studio movie with a price tag in the $100 million+ arena has to have American stars. With its roots deeply in Japanese culture (the story takes place in “Neo-Tokyo”), it could take a filmmaker with the boldness of Peele to keep the main cast Japanese, or at least deal with the casting in a more sensitive way. However, with Ghost in the Shell tracking to open soft this weekend with an estimated $25 million (behind Boss Baby), Warners could get cold feet altogether on the Akira project.

The article speculates that Peele could also be in the running (pun intended) for The Flash, the biggest open assignment at the studio since Dope director Rick Famuyiwa flew the coop. With Akira‘s more cerebral nature and social commentary, it might be a better opportunity for Peele to flex his creative muscles than a DC superhero movie.

Last edited:
JUSTICE LEAGUE, WONDER WOMAN, & AQUAMAN CinemaCon Footage Descriptions

JL

Alfred (Jeremy Irons) tells Bruce Wayne that his employer has been working like there is no tomorrow trying to assemble the team. Soon, we're in a Wayne warehouse, where Bruce is working on a giant vehicle. Bruce remarks that he spent $1 million on the security for that building, to which Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) answers he got his money's worth, because it took her almost a minute to disable it. Bruce explains the vehicle he's working on his a troop carrier (it seemed reminiscent of something from the Batman v Superman nightmare dream sequence.)

Later in the footage, Batman and Barry Allen/The Flash are standing on a roof (out of costume) and they see the Batsignal in the sky. "Oh awesome. It's the Batsignal! That's your signal," Barry tells Bruce, before apologizing for speaking too loudly about it. "That means we have to go now. That's so cool."

Also featured was a scene of Diana falling, trying to grab a hold of her sword, during which The Flash lends a hand in slow motion to help her catch it.

WW

"The god of war is our responsibility. Only an Amazon can defeat him … with this," Diana says to Steve Trevor, holding her sword. "Once I do, the war will end."

After Trevor makes a bed for her to lie in, she's confused why he won't "sleep with her" and he attempts to explain marriage to her. "Have you never met a man before? What about your father?" asks Trevor. "I had no father. My mother sculpted me from clay and I was brought to life by Zeus," she says, getting a laugh from the audience.

Once they land in London, the rest of the footage follows Gadot through an intense fight scene.

Aquaman (just concept arts)

At one point, Aquaman is shown tied up under water as though he's on trial or answering for a crime. "You get to see a whole different world you've never seen before," said Wan. "Jason Momoa is larger than life and he is the perfect embodiment."

A cavalcade of concept art swept in, featuring an armada of Atlantean warriors atop numerous sea beasts of all sizes and shapes (Sharks, whales, etc.), armored up and ready for battle. Wan went on to describe what he saw as a space battle from afar, but as you got closer you realized that it wasn't ships in space, but creatures in the sea. Think the space battle of Star Wars, but underwater and that will give you an idea.

The concept art was simply amazing. Atlantis is portrayed as an epic, monumental, and breathtaking metropolis, filled with a burgeoning populace and "creature traffic" abound. It was bright and full of life and unlike any "world" I've seen portrayed on film before. My eyes were literally going back and forth trying to keep up. We saw armored up Atlantean warriors (some in red) and various shots of the empire of Atlantis. We saw a peek at Black Manta, complete with a comics-accurate costume and "cinematic" advancements (texture and armor) and the helmet (oversized and with the big, red eyes) intact. We got a quick look at Ocean Master (as played by Patrick Wilson) in his full silver armor, again ripped straight from the pages of the comic.

We saw even more creatures of varying shapes and sizes that looked to be a part of the Atlantis environment. Wan described the characters in Atlantis to be very much like Superman in how they go around, swimming instead of flying, but having the same effect. It's obvious that a TON of thought, preparation and vision went into AQUAMAN and my excitement level (which admittedly was not super high before) is now through the roof. The potential, based on these designs, is astounding.

Last edited:
Well in that case nah let him cook and make thsy things that make him happy
Everybody says that until you get offered million of dollars to direct a movie. All the Money Get Out made goes to Blumhous. Dude can capitalize on that notoriety though, and get a payday.

i still need to see get out.. but key and peele on the whole were very hit or miss for me.. not saying him being involved is a bad thing, especially after the success of get out

but just talking about the show itself.. and then tried watching couple mins of Keanu since i saw it on one of my movie channels

‘Batgirl’ Movie: Joss Whedon to Direct Standalone Film (EXCLUSIVE)

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/batgirl-movie-joss-whedon-warner-bros-1202018544/
Batgirl is flying solo. The superheroine is getting her own standalone movie from filmmaker Joss Whedon.

Whedon is nearing a deal to write, direct, and produce an untitled Batgirl pic for Warner Bros. as part of its DC Extended Universe.

No other producers are currently attached. Toby Emmerich, president and chief content officer of Warner Bros. Pictures Group is overseeing with Jon Berg and Geoff Johns. The new project originated in the past month.

Batgirl is one of the most popular superheroines in the world, but has never gotten her own movie. The project will also feature other characters from the world of Gotham.

Batgirl first appeared in DC Comics in 1967 as Barbara Gordon, the daughter of Gotham City police commissioner James Gordon in “The Million Dollar Debut of Batgirl!” by writer Gardner Fox and artist Carmine Infantino.

I don't know how I feel about the Gibson's, Sorkin's, and Peele's who don't have an interest in the genre doing these movies. I still want Edgar Wright for Flash.

Makes sense. WB has a really open slate starting in 2018 for CBM's. With only Aquaman at this point. I'm guessing this was also one of the movies that was being thrown around as being fit into that October 2018 slot

Joss Whedon? Batgirl? I'll watch. I trust him.

Its a standalone? But it takes place in the DCEU universe? Interesting. It should just take place in a different universe. Make it easier for Joss to work his magic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom