DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

GL as a concept really has it all:

1. The "average nobody becomes great" concept--instant superhero, just add ring

2. Space opera, massive Star-Wars scale stories can be easily written

3. 1950s classic "space adventure hero" stuff

4. Lots of philosophical overcoming fear type stuff

5. The concept of the ring being powered by willpower and only a select few being able to use it (Green Arrow shot a single arrow out of it and it almost killed him)

6. Easily delves into the greater space mythology of DC if needed

7. Imagination-based superpower but not ridiculously OP

8. Multiple Green Lanterns of multiple ethnic backgrounds creates diversity and an in for the writer to come up with any kind of story they want

9. Works just as well as an Earth superhero as he does as a "space cop" (that's why I say the DCEU should have Jon as the Earth based hero and JL member and Hal in deep space fighting wars)

SMH a good GL movie could be GOAT status

Last edited:
Hal and the concept of the ring being will power and Hal never sold me. I liked Jon and Kyle more but still the ring never hooked me.

Felt cheap like anyone could have it and never bought the ring choosing it's new owner or w/e.

I was cool with this

View media item 1944780
and his weakness being wood :lol:

Yet you're ok with Alan Scott, who wielded a ring that anyone actually could have? :lol: Only difference in the ring's beyond that is that Alan's is powered by magic and then weak to wood. Can't see how anything concerning him really compares to the vast history they set up with his successors.

With Hal, Kyle, John, and Guy you've got so many distinct personalities, with each being capable of holding his own film in my opinion. The supporting cast is easily one of the largest that DC has and you could set up stories either on Earth or in space (Hell that animated series they did is a good example of this. An entire season spent in the far reaches of space and is was great). The ability of the ring's to create anything gives the writers free reign to be as creative as they please. Honestly think it's one of the best concepts ever created at DC.

Last edited:
Anybody could have Alan's ring if they beat the **** out of him or tricked it off his hand.

The Silver age GL established thousands of rings, maybe millions. Definitely millions if you count the other color rings. It kinda stopped being special imo. It was like the ring was just a suped up gun to justify their galactic cop force.

My intro to it all was different though. I looked at the current GL, didn't care for it much then started going further and further back til I got to the Golden age.

I aint saying Scott got the better stories but I'd prefer that take.

The GL ring as it is now is something I'd probably just hand to a hero or villain that already had some powers so they could be more formidable.

Last edited:
People don't like GL? I've always loved GL. Love all the GL mythology, and I loved the GL Rebirth to Blackest night run. (tho it went on too long)

probably my favorite DC super hero as a kid.

and I hate Kyle Rayner.

its basically space cops. so multiple GL's don't bother me.

and ryan renylods was really really wack as hal jordan.

watched a few episodes of The Batman on netflix. not really feeling the design choice for the joker and him being this acrobatic dude but its whatever, ill watch it whenever i can't find something else

View media item 1945149View media item 1945150View media item 1945151

tumblr_nsqcmfjqtl1rrkahjo1_540.gif

tumblr_nsqcmfjqtl1rrkahjo2_540.gif

tumblr_nsqcmfjqtl1rrkahjo3_540.gif

tumblr_nsqcmfjqtl1rrkahjo4_540.gif

Last edited:
^ So I guess that survey confirms Jena Malones role :nerd: even when Snyder said she wasn't Barbara or a Robin.

Last edited:
watched a few episodes of The Batman on netflix. not really feeling the design choice for the joker and him being this acrobatic dude but its whatever, ill watch it whenever i can't find something else

That was one of the most controversial aspects of the show early on. Personally I thought it was something new and enjoyed it.

:smh: like everytime I get kinda intrigued and excited for suicide squad
I remember how they have the joker
And how corny that Leto dude looks
Or maybe heth just did that good of a job that I can't see anyone else as the joker
Or maybe both
Cause he really does look corny

:smh: like everytime I get kinda intrigued and excited for suicide squad
I remember how they have the joker
And how corny that Leto dude looks
Or maybe heth just did that good of a job that I can't see anyone else as the joker
Or maybe both
Cause he really does look corny
It's the tattoos that ruin it for me because they are just lame

Back
Top Bottom