DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Yeah, if it's that big a problem for you then just don't bother with a shared universe. Seriously. Superman and Batman both had films for years without ever crossing over. If you can't create a shared universe then why not focus on giving various properties decent films on their own? Worked perfectly for The Dark Knight Trilogy and the only original Batman film that was damn near universally hated was Batman and Robin. No major reason that you couldn't get Superman his own trilogy. Hell, despite the lack of past films even Wonder Woman could probably hold her own trilogy with the right team heading the project.
Just thinking about it now, if they had decided to just go with a solo Supes trilogy instead of a shared universe kickoff flick there's probably a different list of directors and we'd probably finally get a great Superman trilogy.

Last edited:
(dont stone me)

never heard of booster gold. is he a good character?

Last edited:
(dont stone me)

Great character.

Former football qb who got booted from the pros for throwing games. He cared more about sponsorshops and stuff than the game and integrity. Finds something that clues him in on all sorts of incidents from the past, and gets himself back to the 21st century so he can be in all of the places where **** goes down so he can take credit for stopping all of it. And he gets himself corporate sponsorships while doing it.

The Dan Jurgens run from the pre-new 52 is AWESOME, and his stuff from the '52' series is great, too. Then, on top of that, his teamups with Blue Beetle Ted Kord in & after the JLI of the 90s was amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: sb
Just thinking about it now, if they had decided to just go with a solo Supes trilogy instead of a shared universe kickoff flick there's probably a different list of directors and we'd probably finally get a great Superman trilogy.

I was actually royally pissed when I heard they were doing BvS before MoS2. I really wanted the Snyder MoS to have some sort of establishment before they tried to universe-build off of it, and the 1st movie, as great as I thought it was, just wasn't enough.

(dont stone me)

Great character.

Former football qb who got booted from the pros for throwing games. He cared more about sponsorshops and stuff than the game and integrity. Finds something that clues him in on all sorts of incidents from the past, and gets himself back to the 21st century so he can be in all of the places where **** goes down so he can take credit for stopping all of it. And he gets himself corporate sponsorships while doing it.

The Dan Jurgens run from the pre-new 52 is AWESOME, and his stuff from the '52' series is great, too. Then, on top of that, his teamups with Blue Beetle Ted Kord in & after the JLI of the 90s was amazing.

dope. thanks for the breakdown. ill definitely check out more of his stories.

DC needs to re-release the trades of the original 80s run for Booster. There's some other stuff I wouldn't mind them reprinting either. Like the Mister Miracle Jack Kirby run and the Fourth World series.

Yeah, sb sb - check out the TPBs for the Booster Gold series and 52. I thought 52 was incredible. A year in the DCU without Batman, Superman & WW. Focused on The Question, Booster, Black Adam and other B-level characters told REALLY well.

DC needs to re-release the trades of the original 80s run for Booster. There's some other stuff I wouldn't mind them reprinting either. Like the Mister Miracle Jack Kirby run and the Fourth World series.

Yes! Mister Miracle would be great. That Kirby stuff doesn't ever get the respect it deserves, especially since Darkseid has been the DC Big Bad for so long now and Marvel completely ripped him off for Thanos. Then again, maybe it's because of characters like this, tho...

latest

I was actually royally pissed when I heard they were doing BvS before MoS2. I really wanted the Snyder MoS to have some sort of establishment before they tried to universe-build off of it, and the 1st movie, as great as I thought it was, just wasn't enough.

Especially not if the move from there was to have him fight Batman and then have him die :lol: Terrible setup for a guy who, as bad as I find his stories to be sometimes, is THE superhero. Should've had Man of Steel, Man of Steel 2, and then BvS. But I keep saying that the order they've designed for their films is all over the place.

Purchased the Orion Omnibus months back and i'd love for DC to drop Jack Kirby's Mister Miracle and Fourth World series again. With the New Gods, at least the evil ones, getting ready to take center stage on the big screen in a few years I wouldn't be surprised if DC did release them again. Just like how Marvel recently released Christopher Priest's Black Panther run again when they've got his film coming out in 2 years.

Last edited:

Yeah but WB want their JL movies to compete with the Avenger Infinity War movies.

Basically doing what the MCU did in 10 years (granted Marvel stretched things out a bit and unforseen changes occurred) in like 5 :lol: The only way that is sensible is if there was a lot of planning done beforehand and they were releasing 3 movies a year starting this year.
Rocky is making a cameo in JL
Cool :pimp:

I remember how pissed I was to hear the Shazam movie was coming out in like 2019 or w/e and we learned he's Black Adam, a villain, in like 2013 :smh: Made no sense. I expect dude to say "FINALLY, BLACK ADAM HAS COME BACK TO FILM!" (let's just ignore this would be the first time) when he shows up :lol:

Last edited:
He doesn't have the look for the character. I'd be happy if it kept him from being gambit but I also like the shazaam character.

I saw that but it's too busy for me. I know it's suppose to replicate his tattoos on his body but I wasn't really a big fan of it to begin with.

As for the Tatum rumor, the only evidence is that the new Flash director started following DC actors and writers before it was announced he got the job and for some reason he also just followed Tatum. I hardly call that any evidence or indication of anything :lol:

He doesn't have the look for the character. I'd be happy if it kept him from being gambit but I also like the shazaam character.
The look is off but I think he can do the acting required.
I could actually see him more as shazaam than gambit.. also could see him pulling off shazaam more than gambit
I saw that but it's too busy for me. I know it's suppose to replicate his tattoos on his body but I wasn't really a big fan of it to begin with.
I'm with you.. I prefer simple, like the punisher T with just the skull is cool with me

some of the underarmour stuff would be better to me if they didn't have so much detail.. like the cap shirt would have been way better if it didnt have the belt around the waist.. this one:

Last edited:

As for the Tatum rumor, the only evidence is that the new Flash director started following DC actors and writers before it was announced he got the job and for some reason he also just followed Tatum. I hardly call that any evidence or indication of anything :lol:

yea just speculation, since everyone else he followed is linked to DC. maybe a character in Flash?

I think he could actually pull it off. Shazam has kind of like a child-like innocence and comedic naivety to him which he pretty much pulled off in 21 Jump Street.

Back
Top Bottom