DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

I think I read somewhere that Zack Snyder isn't working on DCEU films after Justice League (which doesn't even seem like it's his movie anymore) and I think his wife won't be on for any future DCEU films either.

I can't remember if it was Snyder or Goyer, but I remember them not wanting to include Martian Manhunter because they didn't think he was cool or something dumb like that. J'onn J'onzz is one of the coolest characters ever. I love Vision in the MCU. He might not be Iron Man, but he's an important character to the team and there's still a lot of people who love him. I was concerned about how they would make him look in live action and they nailed it. I think Martian Manhunter could work just as well. Please DC. Let my man J'onn shine in the DCEU.
cant remember the interview or even exactly what was said.. just remember Snyder saying something that demonstrated he didn't really believe or buy into the source material for certain characters

which was disappointing given what we have seen succeed in comic book movies (and elsewhere).. and it's a damn movie about superheroes (putting it very simply)

but specifically from him, the movies of his which I like and make me think he can contribute to DC or several other comic movies all take some leaps (300, watchmen and dawn of the dead.. the dream sequences of sucker punch were good, the rest not so much)

if someone knows the interview I'm referring too please post or line or whatever.. I'm pretty sure it was posted in here before

Last edited:
It was Goyer in reference to Martian Manhunter:
“He can’t be ******* called the Martian Manhunter because that’s goofy,” he said. “The whole deal with Martian Manhunter is he’s an alien living amongst us… So he comes down to Earth and decides, unlike Superman who already exists in the world now, that he’s just going to be a homicide detective… So instead of using super-powers and mind-reading and like, oh, I could figure out if the President’s lying or whatever, he just decides to disguise himself as a human homicide detective. Dare to dream!”
http://www.indiewire.com/2014/05/da...s-his-version-of-dcs-martian-manhunter-85578/

It was Goyer in reference to Martian Manhunter:
“He can’t be ******* called the Martian Manhunter because that’s goofy,” he said. “The whole deal with Martian Manhunter is he’s an alien living amongst us… So he comes down to Earth and decides, unlike Superman who already exists in the world now, that he’s just going to be a homicide detective… So instead of using super-powers and mind-reading and like, oh, I could figure out if the President’s lying or whatever, he just decides to disguise himself as a human homicide detective. Dare to dream!”
http://www.indiewire.com/2014/05/da...s-his-version-of-dcs-martian-manhunter-85578/
Glad this guy is gone.

Limited thinking and it seems his research of the source material only involved reading the earliest comics and that's it.

Won't disagree about his name. To me it gave off the idea he was hunting down other Martians or hunting down men like the other DC hero Manhunter. Unless you made his secret id a bounty hunter.

To me there's too many creative and cool things you can do with his power set and personality. Dude is the stark contrast to Superman who blends in naturally. We got an alien than can look like anyone or anything.

I'd probably just eliminate his weakness to fire though.

anyone else order tickets for The Killing Joke? excited to see this. still have the graphic novel in plastic, might finally crack it open. :smokin

Like the OG one? I got the 20th anny hardcover from a while back. The top of the slipcover has some dings in it after handling it multiple times. I love hardcovers, but I hate slipcovers. :lol:

I like when the art is printed directly on the hardcover. I love the embossed design on the HC, but I love the art on the slipcover. It's been a dilemma for me. :lol:

anyone else order tickets for The Killing Joke? excited to see this. still have the graphic novel in plastic, might finally crack it open.
smokin.gif
Got my tickets today as well!!!!!!!
nthat.gif
 My body is ready!!!!!!!!!!

Also started reading the comic again today!!!!!!

Amber Heard missed her costume fitting for Mera due to the fact that she lost 20 pounds in this Johnny Depp situation. I think she should just bow out and let them recast her role. I hope Jessica Chasstian is available. 

Amber Heard missed her costume fitting for Mera due to the fact that she lost 20 pounds in this Johnny Depp situation. I think she should just bow out and let them recast her role. I hope Jessica Chasstian is available. 

Sheesh that's crazy.

I mean her casting didn't exactly set the world on fire so if they go another way doesn't really seem like set back.

Last edited:
Just googled her
devil.gif

Can she even act though?
laugh.gif

How about this bad one?
Christina Hendricks was campaigning for the role of wonder woman. But I have absolutely NO objections to her being casted. She can definetly act. She was on Mad Men.

Last edited:
Hendricks would need like 10 bras in order for her not to knock herself out if she has to run.

Someone rang the Amel bell?

*looks around

Oh nothing to see here

*leaves

*edit

Those boobies too big btw

*leaves

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom