DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Was there other ways to stop zodd though? He was about to laser beam those people. Knock him out and think of a way to open the phantom zone again before he wakes up? Maybe rip his arms, legs, and eyeballs out so he's just a torso.
There was no other way. And superman purists can argue all they want , but superman had no choice but to kill zod. His sole purpose for living was the protection of Krypton. And with the Genesis Chamber destroyed , he could no longer fulfill that purpose. He really had no reason to live. So supes could no reason with him.

Last edited:
You guys don't like mos better than ss? Those dragon ball z type fight scenes were lit. Plus Faora bae was great and kal snapped a neck.

Loved MOS. Only scene that I didn't like was Jonathan Kent and the Tornado :smh:

Hated SS.

Last edited:
There was nothing appealing to me about SS, MAYBE Harley and that's it

MOS at least had a bunch of "that was cool" moments for me but as a whole just weren't executed well
-seeing Krypton
- Clark Growing up
-Faora
were all standouts
but then there's the
-editing
-the underused Michael Shannon, who wasn't even remotely allowed to show the awesome range he has, he could've really came across as an incredibly menacing Zod,
-Amy Adams who will always be that lovable, innocent, good willed person in every movie she's in(that shines through even more now that I've seen The Arrival)and I'm not saying she's a bad actress in any way
-Tornado scene, especially after how Pa Kent went out in the Donner films

To me It's still the best film in the DCEU and still the one I'd love a sequel to

@Master Zik

@Jays25

@Paulwest1985

Is there a particular reason why Clark is so smitten with Lois?

Besides the fact that she's headstrong and hypermasculine, why is dude so in love with her? He's a farm boy by upbringing and she's supposed to represent the city chick who's the complete opposite of him?

Last edited:
I think cuz Lois had big ones and is decent on the pole. I don't remember the poledancing ep of smallville unless it's a fanmade gif.

eec55fd7ea6b1d453eea9338b0e8e42e.gif

erica-durance-o.gif

erica-durance-o.gif

Last edited:

@Master Zik

@Jays25

@Paulwest1985

Besides the fact that she's headstrong and hypermasculine, why is dude so in love with her? He's a farm boy by upbringing and she's supposed to represent the city chick who's the complete opposite of him?
She's hot, smart, outgoing and passionate about her work, which is his work too. Why wouldn't he want to smash? 
laugh.gif

@Master Zik

@Jays25

@Paulwest1985

She's hot, smart, outgoing and passionate about her work, which is his work too. Why wouldn't he want to smash? :lol:

On top of all of this, i'd say the biggest factor in regards to Lois Lane is that she's tough/strong willed. This is something that I feel like writers instantly try to display in every single incarnation of the character, across multiple forms of media (Superman the Animated Series, Smallville, Superman Unbound, etc.). No matter what she's doing, whether she's a reporter, freedom fighter, or a teenage girl, Lois Lane is instantly portrayed as being a person who is willing to stand up for what she believes in, who won't take any nonsense from anyone. She wants to see the good in people, but has been hardened by the big city, leading to a clash in basic character when she comes up against Clark Kent's farmboy idealism, but opposites attract in this case. She believes in truth and justice, which is really what her entire job is based around finding. She is willing to go to any lengths to find this thing, constantly refusing Superman's pleas to stay out of harm's way. While this see's her falling into the "damsel in distress" role a lot, it's turned on its head because she continually goes into these situations that she knows to be dangerous. Not because she's dumb or because she doesn't know its dangerous, but because she knows that there's a story behind it and thinks the people need to know it. And more often than not i'd say she manages to keep her cool in these dangerous situations. I'd argue that when Clark Kent decided to move to Metropolis he was also specifically looking for new experiences, which he wouldn't have been able to find in Smallville. Therefore, he found Lois, who is certainly not some smalltown chick who is instantly going to swoon over the big farmboy.

Those are just my thoughts though. I'm honestly more of a fan of Batman and Nightwing's relationships, and their inner workings, or Spider-Man's, than I am Superman's. And personally i've never been too interested in Lois Lane at all.

Last edited:
What happens to lana when clark leaves for the big city? She just gets knocked up by a farmer?

@Master Zik

@Jays25

@Paulwest1985

Maybe the Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher Lois & Clark show best explains it :lol:

There may be a comic revolving around their romance. I'm not sure. I was gonna say ask Jays but appears he isn't the biggest fan either.

Me, I just go with that's how it is in fiction. In the comics they gotta pair the leading man with a female that compliments well. Of not you risk pedophile/gay rumors like Batman & Robin :lol:

Lois is just a really developed character given she was the headstrong journalist that was focused on her job and breaking stories. National comics/DC did a good job of that along with Wonder Woman.

I personally prefer the continuity where Batman occassionally bangs Lois and Clark is with Lana Lang though.

What happens to lana when clark leaves for the big city? She just gets knocked up by a farmer?
Disappears, goes in to limbo, dies, gets knocked up by Pete, etc.

Last edited:
^ Nightwing has relationships? You mean Barbara Gordon?

Dude, Nightwing gets just as much tail as Batman does :lol: Batgirl, Starfire, Huntress, Raven, Zatanna, etc.

Gets dicked down by Pete Ross, Pre-Flashpoint. Then breaks up with him when she realizes that she'll never be in love with anyone except Clark. 9 times out of 10 Lana Lang ends up by herself. To be honest, Smallville was pretty damn generous to her, in regards to the scope of her relationship with Clark.
And that other character that raped him when he was weak.

Tarantula.

Back
Top Bottom