DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

A new writer has just been hired to do a complete overhaul on DC’s Flash movie, marking the third time the creative direction of the film has changed.

:rofl:

My son said peak Barbra and posted a pic of her in a wheelchair :rofl:

Is this an official pic???

I read on IGN The Flash is getting a complete rewrite.
That's some photoshop.

A new writer has just been hired to do a complete overhaul on DC’s Flash movie, marking the third time the creative direction of the film has changed.

:rofl:
:rofl: :smh:

I guess this is the new regime fixing the movie?

Last edited:

My son said peak Barbra and posted a pic of her in a wheelchair
roll.gif
Oracle=Peak Barbara Gordon. Sucks that she's in the chair, but that's what it is.
I'm nominating @Jays25 to join the Savage Society.

@Master Zik

@Jays25

@Paulwest1985

Is there a particular reason why Clark is so smitten with Lois?

Besides the fact that she's headstrong and hypermasculine, why is dude so in love with her? He's a farm boy by upbringing and she's supposed to represent the city chick who's the complete opposite of him?

Because of the comics is why. Their connection makes no sense in this film.

Batman-Batgirl-Kiss.gif
I honestly don't see why this scene was so shocking to people. If people saw Mystery of the Batwoman, they would know that Bruce and Barbara had a sexual relationship
I don't think it was specifically that scene.. but everything that went into it.. but the movie just wasn't good, there was a ton wrong with the movie

it's like they took the potentially small thing from the comic.. and tried to avoid that.. but just made a crap movie

It was such a letdown. You can't expect everyone to have read every single storyline and for most causal fans the scene was shocking and unnecessary. What made it worse was them making her like some jilted girlfriend. It was ridiculous

Batman-Batgirl-Kiss.gif
I honestly don't see why this scene was so shocking to people. If people saw Mystery of the Batwoman, they would know that Bruce and Barbara had a sexual relationship

No one liked it then. No one liked it in Batman Beyond. And no one likes it now. It's literally as simple as that. For all his talents though, Bruce Timm remains enamored with the idea of Bruce Wayne ******* Jim Gordon's daughter. You wanna add some scenes of Barbara Gordon being Batgirl to help flesh her character out a bit? Go right ahead. But don't make it into a forced romance that ends with her quitting like an angry ex-girlfriend. People don't want that **** man. No one reads The Killing Joke for that. They read it to see the origin of the Joker, Barbara Gordon getting gunned down, Jim Gordon being mentally tortured, and Batman being pushed to his mental limits like never before, possibly ending the story by killing the Joker. Throwing romance into a story that doesn't suit it is a terrible idea. It'd be like throwing in a Batman/Catwoman sex scene in Death in the Family, right before we have Joker bashing in Jason Todd's skull with a crowbar and blowing him to hell.

Last edited:
How does one not understand adding a frivolous sex scene and romantic subplot to the Killing Joke is not good?

No one liked it then. No one liked it in Batman Beyond. And no one likes it now. It's literally as simple as that. For all his talents though, Bruce Timm remains enamored with the idea of Bruce Wayne ******* Jim Gordon's daughter. You wanna add some scenes of Barbara Gordon being Batgirl to help flesh her character out a bit? Go right ahead. But don't make it into a forced romance that ends with her quitting like an angry ex-girlfriend. People don't want that **** man. No one reads The Killing Joke for that. They read it to see the origin of the Joker, Barbara Gordon getting gunned down, Jim Gordon being mentally tortured, and Batman being pushed to his mental limits like never before, possibly ending the story by killing the Joker. Throwing romance into a story that doesn't suit it is a terrible idea. It'd be like throwing in a Batman/Catwoman sex scene in Death in the Family, right before we have Joker bashing in Jason Todd's skull with a crowbar and blowing him to hell.

I still don't see the problem. Two themes in the movie were obsession and how intense the crime fighting life really is on a daily basis. That intensity and obsession bleeds over into other things and feelings. Wouldn't call it a romance at all.

The Batgirl stuff they added to TKJ wasn't necessary. I think they needed something to lengthen the movie. I still liked it, but maybe it wasn't the best choice for adaption.

I hated it too..just as corny as the hulks relationship with black widow..lol..sooooo forced on both fronts and unnecessary

I still don't see the problem. Two themes in the movie were obsession and how intense the crime fighting life really is on a daily basis. That intensity and obsession bleeds over into other things and feelings. Wouldn't call it a romance at all.

You don't call Barbara talking to her gay friend about her feelings for Batman romance? :lol: If you really don't see the problem then no amount of explaining is going to do it. Simply put, it didn't fit and wasn't necessary, making it the worst kind of addition to what many consider one of the greatest Batman stories of all time.

EDIT: almost forgot about Barbara getting angry at dude who was arguing with his girlfriend and literally throwing him into a bush :lol: :rofl: Really is a shame that they didn't just stick to the comic, like they did with Year One.

Last edited:
I think about it more and they could've added cool stuff that stayed on topic of they needed more material.

Extend the events of the day or a subplot about some side character where one bad day changed everything.

I read that Nolan let Ledger direct this video threat himself and was terrified at the end result

That LOOK AT ME = encapsulated the entire character -- dangerous, unpredictable, and pure evil

Back
Top Bottom