DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

no but its supposedly close, really the least of worries for now :lol:

Last edited:
Going back to Campea and Collider, who has been pretty vocal about his frustrations with WB and the DCEU, mentioned that WB usually allow the directors to have say in the script so it's not surprising that with Flash and Batman getting new directors that they also get new scripts with them as well

If they let directors have say in the script why are the former directors leaving over creative differences? :lol:

Last edited:
If they let directors have say in the script why are the former directors leaving over creative differences?
laugh.gif
Director: I wanna do it this way. Here's my vision/storyboard.

Execs/producers: No, you're gonna do it this way. Here's what you're gonna do, who you're gonna work with, and budget/timeline.

I'm no movie making expert, but I imagine the problem being the directors have a say in the script with the writers, they bring it back to WB and WB says it doesn't fit the overall picture or guidelines they need to hit (now this is assuming they even have a grand picture at this point :lol: )

Geoff Johns inherited this bit of a mess that is currently already in the flow of things and I bet it is hard as hell to right that ship right now with WB announcing movies and having people on board with scripts that don't match the overall vision he wants to put out...

If Ben really wants out, I don't have a problem with them recasting Bruce/Bats. It's more important that they get a capable script and a capable director imo, plenty of actors can fit the bill of Bruce Wayne.

Last edited:
I mean sometimes disagreement is over completely opposite views and just visions clash, ppl don't budge and somebody dips.

I think of what I assu e Edgar Wright's Ant-Man would be like based off of his other movies but then I think of other struggle situations where studios/execs ask for one thing and then you get Whedon haggling for Hawkeye family scenes in. AoU.

Then you hear about stuff like the Deadpool sequel with star clashing with the director and the studio siding with the star.

Ben basically said the script wasn't good enough for him to direct. Nevermind he worked on it and even brought his own writer to do it over.

And that's just superhero movies.

As for Geoff Johns, I was already unsure on his ability to creatively direct multiple franchises for film. This guy while a great comic writer and probably just great writer period still thought it was a good idea to pull a quick fix on the **** show that is the New52 by adding a whole other comic property to try and make things how they use to be instead of just scrapping all the cheap. Basically turn the car crash in to the transformative journey back to good comics.

Problem is can't risk the same kind of **** ups when hundreds of millions on the line. WB know they've been lucky with MoS doing good for a start, BvS underachieving but not bombing, and SS doing impressive #s despite being piss poor. These fools shouldn't be putting WW in the position to be criticalto their future and JL should be a guarantee so how they think they gonna make a Cyborg solo movie?

Momoa Says Aquaman Will Take You to a World You’ve Never Seen Before

Aquaman is set to begin filming this summer and star Jason Momoa (Game of Thrones) is talking about his role. In an interview with Digital Trends, Momoa spoke about what we’re going to see in the Warner Bros. film, directed by James Wan (The Conjuring). Momoa joked about being teased about playing the role, because the character has often been derided as one of the lesser superheroes in the DC Universe.

He said, “…the cool thing with Aquaman is how it taps into the native culture and that’s something that we’re only taught a little about, so there’s a lot of interesting things. I really think it’s the right time. It’s really cool. Zack [Snyder] is one of those perspectives on it and DC is really getting behind it. It was a ballsy step. They did it, and I’m extremely happy with the world they’ve created. It’s an honor to be part of this.”

Momoa also talked about the influences on the story, saying: “I read the [Aquaman] script and let me just put it this way, I’ve never seen a movie that’s anything like this. It’s going to be a world that you’ve never seen before, which is really cool. We went to space, we traveled all over different worlds, but we never went underwater. So it’s just a really cool spin on what’s below and it uses a lot of great movies that I already love — whether that be Raiders of the Lost Ark to Star Wars to Lord of the Rings to Romancing the Stone. It has a lot of really cool adventure, it’s funny and heroic, and there’s a lot of different characters and a lot of different worlds that we get to go to.”

He went on to say that he, “…read the script and just started training for it and I can’t wait. I’ve spent a lot of time in this industry, so I’m excited to put all my energy into it and completely f*** some s*** up.”

Aquaman also stars Amber Heard, Patrick Wilson, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Nicole Kidman, Temuera Morrison and Willem Dafoe. The character was first introduced in a cameo in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and will next be seen in Justice League on November 17, 2017. Aquaman will hit theaters on October 5, 2018.

Last edited:
I don't get why yall trust Momoa. He's not a great actor, might be a stretch to call him good. He's not a movie star. He's not known for being in a lot of great or good movies. He's not even some well known/liked action star.

He has his badass look which he used effectively in GoT. Other than that, at best he seems like a chill likable dude but that doesn't give any insights on his taste and what makes a good movie/script. He obviously is gonna say good things now. Think Flash dude did the same.

I remain shaky and apathetic towards Aquaman until the trailer.

Last edited:
I don't get why yall trust Momoa. He's not a great actor, might be a stretch to call him good. He's not a movie star He's not known for being in a lot of great or good movies. He's not even some well known/liked action star.

He has his badass look which he used effectively in Got. Other than that, at best he seems like a chill likable dude but that doesn't give any insights on his taste and what makes a good movie/script. He obviously is gonna say good things now. Think Flash dude did the same.

I remain shaky and apathetic towards Aquaman until the trailer.
I echo this 100%. He has the look and the demeanor. If anything , I feel like he would make a great supporting character ala The Hulk or Drax. Carrying an entire movie though?? I'm iffy.....

And RFX, nice to see you here.

- Neo_v7 from StyleFo :tongue:

It's probably because of the license situation with Universal. Which is probably why they have a Planet Hulk side plot in Thor: Ragnarok.

MCU out here stuntin with a movie with a talking raccoon and a tree that says 3 words..

You really trying compare anything they doing with what WB is currently doing with DC?

The entire MCU are supporting casts to Tony Stark.

#TeamStark

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom