DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

BATMAN V SUPERMAN Storyboard Artist Reveals Parademons Weren't Initially Planned

Appearing as a guest on the Shanlian On Batman podcast, storyboard artist Jay Oliva discussed his role in pitching the scenes "one-shot" sequence to director Zack Snyder.

"I did the Knightmare sequence with future Batman, I did that. Although, it was great because, you know, I just watched it again the other day and that last shot where it’s just one long continuous take where Batman is fighting and he eventually gets taken down, that was something that I had talked to Zack about, about like, ‘Wouldn’t it be cool if it was like a Children of Men-style like one-shot through it all?’"

However, there was one thing that Oliva didn't plan, and that was the inclusion of Parademons, the minions of Darkseid that made a surprising cameo appearance alongside of Superman's army. Oliva told the podcast that he was just as surprised as fans were to see the flying villains. "What’s funny is that was a late addition, I think Zack added that after I had done it, because originally it was just supposed to be the Superman kind of bad guys and then Batman was just to get taken over. So, I was as suprised as you guys that the Parademons were in it, but I knew where they were going to lead to."

The CW's BLACK LIGHTNING Character Breakdowns And Synopsis Confirm Thunder And Lightning

That Hashtag Show has now shared character breakdowns and a synopsis for the Black Lightning TV show, which recently moved to The CW after Fox decided to pass on the pilot.

The descriptions are for the the four series leads, which include Black Lightning himself (of course) in addition to his daughters Jennifer and Anissa, who, as DC Comics fans will be aware, should eventually suit up as Lightning and Thunder, respectively.

JEFFERSON PIERCE:
“Male, African-American, late 30s to 50. Handsome, fit, with an athletic build. Former 3-time gold medal decathlon winner who is now principal of a high school in South Central Los Angeles. A father figure to his student and hero to the local community. JEFFERSON is charming, charismatic, smart, and has both warmth and humor. He is devoted to his two daughters and remains deeply in love with his ex-wife LYNN. He also has a great passion for justice and a quick temper that he has spent years learning how to control. Think Idris Elba. LEAD.

JENNIFER:
Female. African-American, LEGAL 18 to play 16. JEFFERSON’s younger daughter. JENNIFER is a scholar athlete; beautiful with a lean, athletic runner’s build. She is the entitled feminist of the Pierce family. Independent and outspoken with a wild streak. SERIES REGUALR, ASP.

ANISSA:
Female. African-American, to play 22. JEFFERSON’s elder daughter. Beautiful, quick-witted and intelligent; intense and passionate. ANISSA has a great respect for her father. ANISA balances the demands of medical school with her duties as a part time teacher at JEFFERSON’s school. SERIES REGULAR, ASP.

LYNN:
Female, African-American, mid 30s to 50. Exudes confidence and intelligence. Beautiful, but not to be trifled with. Can exhibit both great emotional depth as well as a flirtatious, mischievous side. SERIES REGULAR, ASP.

They've also included a synopsis, which provides us with some idea of what expect from the pilot and the overall plot of the show:
“Black Lightning centers on Jefferson Pierce. He made his choice: He hung up the suit and his secret identity years ago, but with a daughter hellbent on justice and a star student being recruited by a local gang, he’ll be pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and DC legend Black Lightning.”

Last edited:
^ TBH I kinda been wanting to see him work in some capacity with the DCEU, I enjoy the animated universe that they put together.

I don't get why yall trust Momoa. He's not a great actor, might be a stretch to call him good. He's not a movie star. He's not known for being in a lot of great or good movies. He's not even some well known/liked action star.

He has his badass look which he used effectively in GoT. Other than that, at best he seems like a chill likable dude but that doesn't give any insights on his taste and what makes a good movie/script. He obviously is gonna say good things now. Think Flash dude did the same.

I remain shaky and apathetic towards Aquaman until the trailer.

agree 100%, I mean Ben Affleck is more credible and he's having problems, Jared Leto feels ripped off with the amount of material that he shot and how little of that was used, but I'm supposed to take pretty much a nobody(I don't watch GOT....yet) whose filmography is nonexistent to me, word that I'm going to be blown away.

They shoulda gotten thoughts from Wan, Patrick Wilson, or even Amber Heard if they wanted to sell me on the dream of this film. Someone with more credibility

The fact that his appearance BvS had him looking like he was struggling tells me that while WB/DC planned for the character to appear, they really had no idea how to handle the underwater scenes, and that's troubling on it's own....I mean he's in JL, so will his scenes be all on the surface?? They don't even have to show Atlantis to at least prove they got the underwater element right man.

If this guy is struggle breathing/swimming in JL, then in Aquaman just walking/talking underwater no problem....I'm not sure what I'm going to think

Random idea but..

Introduce Grayson in the Batman film then have him take over in the sequel and adapt Black Mirror

talk Ben into doing the film and set up a direct line of succession if you don't wanna reboot/recast

^ Seeing Grayson donning the cowl would be great but that's kind of big risk for WB to suddenly relieve Bruce Wayne of his superhero duties (who I argue is just as important to the Batman mythos as Batman himself)

Yea i'm pretty sure that only Bruce will be Batman in films, at least in my lifetime. It's a risk i just don't really see a studio having the balls to do

I feel the same way about Spider-Man (that cartoon movie they're doing doesn't count)

Batflecks going to watch JL die and as Darkseid omega beam strikes him, he dies and wakes up as Batbale at the end of TDK recovering from that fall. WHile lying in bed in his suite he sees across the bay the building being destroyed by Supes and Zods battle and so the new DCEU begins...

Then if people are still confused just have friendzoned Barry explained that he f'd up by going back in time 13 times resetting the timeline.

Can't say I seen this coming...
[h1]Mel Gibson In Early Talks To Director SUICIDE SQUAD 2 For Warner Bros.[/h1]
148967.jpg
[h2]After taking the helm of the critically acclaimed Hacksaw Ridge, it's been revealed today that Mel Gibson may be about to enter the DC Films Universe for Warner Bros.' Suicide Squad  sequel...[/h2]

Mel_Gibson.jpg
Suicide Squad  may not have fared particularly well with critics, but it was a box office success, so you probably won't be too surprised to learn that a sequel is in the early stages in development. However, in a very unexpected twist, The Hollywood Reporter  reveals that Mel Gibson is in early talks to take the helm of the movie! 

He's a long way off signing up to direct, and the trade adds that he's currently familiarising himself with the comic books to see if it's a property he would be interested in working on. Warner Bros. is hedging their bets, though, as Daniel Espinosa is also being considered along with a number of others. 

With Suicide Squad's David Ayer busy working on Gotham City Sirens, it makes sense that he's not returning, and Gibson would most definitely shake the franchise up. The actor and filmmaker spend years on Hollywood's bad side, but he's turned things around in recent years, most recently by directing the Oscar-nominated  Hacksaw Ridge

Last edited:
I dunno DC/WB throwing around big names means nothing to me, Ayer had a great track record leading up to SS. Gibson is probably thanking his agent as this looks like the big cash in on this comeback trail he's been on, this looks to be more for Gibson to be back working with a major studio and building that relationship as opposed to building on a crappy first movie.

Batflecks going to watch JL die and as Darkseid omega beam strikes him, he dies and wakes up as Batbale at the end of TDK recovering from that fall. WHile lying in bed in his suite he sees across the bay the building being destroyed by Supes and Zods battle and so the new DCEU begins...

Then if people are still confused just have friendzoned Barry explained that he f'd up by going back in time 13 times resetting the timeline.
Then Tom Welling shows up

Tom Welling is too good for this franchise.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I was just saying after I saw this I can't be offline for more than a he for **** to change.

I thought SS was pretty garbage but it sold really well and broke a few records. This is how they reward David Ayer? :lol: On the low son must've been like I'm ******* out or they're actually letting him do a movie he wants to do. If not either this is pretty foul. EDIT - Oh wait Gotham City Sirens is really going to be made a movie? :lol:

If anybody should be getting replaced its Zack Snyder. I actually would've been happy as **** if they announced Mel Gibson was directing Justice League (pt)2.

Anyway, you know somebody in SS2 getting that passion of the Christ treatment. This movie is all the way rated R. Willshot about to leave more shells on the ground than all of WW2. Harley gonna rape torture some guy. Somebody is gonna eat a beating heart (Croc :nerd: ).

Such a weird interesting turn. Wonder how John's spins or sells it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom