DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

No she quit.

Creative differences.

Apparently she had a romeo/juliet story in mind for Thor and Natalie Portman's character. Marvel kept steering her in another direction and she got frustrated.

I like a girl who knows what she wants to do. Props to her.

nah, all jokes aside, she was fired without warning

The success of Marvel Studios has allowed it to operate by its own rules, so perhaps it's not surprising that its top executives neither knew nor cared that dropping Patty Jenkins as director of its Thor sequel would shock Hollywood. While the parties spun the Dec. 6 parting as an amicable split over creative differences, sources say Jenkins was dropped without warning from a job that would have made her the first woman to direct a superhero tentpole.

If Marvel was troubled by anything, it was the fact that the news was out before anyone had told star Natalie Portman, who had strongly urged Marvel to hire the director of 2003's Monster, which won Charlize Theron her Oscar. Portman is said to be deeply unhappy with Marvel over Jenkins' dismissal but is contractually obligated to stay with the project.

Another quoted source says there was a perception that “there were constraints on what she could do creatively,” and that while Natalie Portman’s support of the director helped her get the job, execs cooled once she was on board.

Last edited:

Though we still don't know a whole lot about this one, Annapurna Pictures has released the first teaser for Professor M, AKA Professor Marston & The Wonder Women.

The movie tells the true story of the creation of one of the most iconic superheroes in history, and stars Luke Evans as William Moulton Maston, Rebecca Hall as his wife Elizabeth, and Bella Heathcote as Olive "Dotsie" Byrne, who is widely credited as Marston's inspiration for Wonder Woman.

SUICIDE SQUAD 2 Might Not Start Filming Until 2018 According To Joel Kinnaman

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter to promote his supporting role in Netflix's House of Cards season 5, Joel Kinnaman briefly commented on the status of the Suicide Squad sequel.

"As far as I know they’re writing the script and I think the plan is to shoot it sometime in 2018, but that could change. I think I’ll definitely come back for it."

If Kinnaman had his druthers, he'd like Ayer to return to craft another adventure for Task Force X. However, that appears to be unlikely as Ayer is most likely too busy with Margot Robbie's Gotham City Sirens.

"Ultimately, I’d love for David Ayer to direct it, but if he doesn’t want to direct it then someone who is great with character and that’s able to ground the story and maybe put these characters in a more normal situation. It would be really interesting to see these crazy characters interact with regular people as well."

SUICIDE SQUAD 2 Might Not Start Filming Until 2018 According To Joel Kinnaman

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter to promote his supporting role in Netflix's House of Cards season 5, Joel Kinnaman briefly commented on the status of the Suicide Squad sequel.

"As far as I know they’re writing the script and I think the plan is to shoot it sometime in 2018, but that could change. I think I’ll definitely come back for it."

If Kinnaman had his druthers, he'd like Ayer to return to craft another adventure for Task Force X. However, that appears to be unlikely as Ayer is most likely too busy with Margot Robbie's Gotham City Sirens.

"Ultimately, I’d love for David Ayer to direct it, but if he doesn’t want to direct it then someone who is great with character and that’s able to ground the story and maybe put these characters in a more normal situation. It would be really interesting to see these crazy characters interact with regular people as well."
I'm ok with this. Take your time to flesh out that script. I liked Joel as Rick Flagg. And I'd like it if Ayer came back, but i'm cool if he doesn't. 

Margot was the best thing in that movie and she's not even going to be in the sequel.

Suicide squad 2 is probably not gonna happen tbh. There are other things in the slate that take precedence. Gotham Sirens, batgirl etc.

finally saw Wonder Woman last night

its was a great movie. thoroughly enjoyable

Gal Gadot's acting has improved a lot

Chris Pine did an excellent performance.

Just started, they really shouldnt have had that opening if they arent going really explain why she said peace out.. just talking the dialog and even the bedtime story seemed a lil off

Also kinda feel like mrs underwood should have been the mother with the other woman being the sister

I got the impression that the tall brunette was Robin Wright's lover / scissor sister.

Just started, they really shouldnt have had that opening if they arent going really explain why she said peace out.. just talking the dialog and even the bedtime story seemed a lil off

Also kinda feel like mrs underwood should have been the mother with the other woman being the sister

You're live posting the movie?

:lol:

I know it's nitpicky but considering the ladies are going with an accent, shouldnt pine have a british one

Also some of the slow mo chocies seemed lil odd and distracting, like sticking arrows in the sand

Last edited:
So she gets her uni from her home land?

Do they ever explain the choice of colors like is usually do?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom